• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Holmgren

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is G still playing hurt? Think that injury is still lingering and causing his slump?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump

So those same shitty guys from a few weeks ago,have gotten their shit together.

Anyone still think Homer should be gone?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump

So those same shitty guys from a few weeks ago,have gotten their shit together.

Anyone still think Homer should be gone?

No and I never did. We've had the right players all along, they just literally were not skating and competing at a high enough level through the first dozen or so games. Add that to the fact that the timing and chemistry were off all over the ice and we were learning a new system, the slump had some serious legs to it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and I never did. We've had the right players all along, they just literally were not skating and competing at a high enough level through the first dozen or so games. Add that to the fact that the timing and chemistry were off all over the ice and we were learning a new system, the slump had some serious legs to it.

I always liked Homer and he has made plenty of good moves for us in the past. It was the players not playing good enough not Homers moves.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you Downie was a steal Homer once again raped another GM and received a younger more talented player. GMs and coaches can only do so much eventually the players have to play and we're seeing it now....i think a lot of this was conditioning as they are skating better now.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to jump fully back on the wagon after their recent 4-0-1 streak any more than I was ready to jump off after the 1-4-0 start. Let's talk in another 5 games and see where we're at. I would love to be able to say at that point that I WAS WRONG. Here's to hoping...

P.S. the Downie trade was only a steal if he continues to play well, avoid a long-term suspension and the Flyers are able to re-sign him after the season at a reasonable amount. That's no sure thing. By the way, anyone else notice how bad the PK has been without Talbot...?

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the Rangers were thinking of moving Michael Del Zotto. He's a decent puck moving dman, seems like he would be a good fit with the Flyers. What do you guys think of trading for Del Zotto? Also, what do you think the Flyers would be willing to give the Rangers in return? Doubt if it happens, but it's certainly a move that could help the Flyers address their biggest weakness.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point to we stop saying that defense is the Flyers biggest weakness? They have been playing above expectations this year. The system change seems to have made a huge difference. The goalies are performing superbly as well. I'm just getting a little tired of hearing that a trade for ANOTHER defenseman needs to be made now. The Flyers made it out of their early season woes, which if you ask me had more to do with conditioning than anything. They are hot right now, why trade away offensive pieces to fix something that isn't really broken at this point?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point to we stop saying that defense is the Flyers biggest weakness? They have been playing above expectations this year. The system change seems to have made a huge difference. The goalies are performing superbly as well. I'm just getting a little tired of hearing that a trade for ANOTHER defenseman needs to be made now. The Flyers made it out of their early season woes, which if you ask me had more to do with conditioning than anything. They are hot right now, why trade away offensive pieces to fix something that isn't really broken at this point?

:agree::agree::agree:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think their weakness is defense, but they do need a reliable puck carrying dman to relieve Timonen and Streit. I think Del Zotto could fit the bill. Doubt if the trade happens, but that type of dman is probably what the Flyers should go for.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to jump fully back on the wagon after their recent 4-0-1 streak any more than I was ready to jump off after the 1-4-0 start. Let's talk in another 5 games and see where we're at. I would love to be able to say at that point that I WAS WRONG. Here's to hoping...

P.S. the Downie trade was only a steal if he continues to play well, avoid a long-term suspension and the Flyers are able to re-sign him after the season at a reasonable amount. That's no sure thing. By the way, anyone else notice how bad the PK has been without Talbot...?

The point was that the consensus on this board was to blow the team up and fire Homer. We can now see that the parts are pretty much there as one little trade and time has so far changed the dynamics of the team for the better. I believe that they’ll steadily improve all year...PK included just takes time with any moves.

I don't think they need dman trade but if a stud were available you have to try to do it without disrupting the lines too much.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was that the consensus on this board was to blow the team up and fire Homer. We can now see that the parts are pretty much there as one little trade and time has so far changed the dynamics of the team for the better. I believe that they’ll steadily improve all year...PK included just takes time with any moves.

I don't think they need dman trade but if a stud were available you have to try to do it without disrupting the lines too much.

Exactly. You could go back and pull up some pretty outrageous posts within these types of threads that we all now see were clearly way, way overblown at the time.

Edit: awaz is so cool. I think I'm going to get him a Christmas present.

I have to say I was definitely one of the most optimistic fans here throughout the whole fiasco, but it's because I continued to watch every minute of our games and I saw a lot of progression with these players. Add that to their historical abilities and a new system/leader to follow and you had the foundation of a good/great team.

I absolutely agree with you that this team is only going to continue to improve. This isn't just a hot streak as some may think. This is our actual team of players starting to perform up to their abilities individually and as a whole.

Last edited by a moderator:

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Mav

Shit happens.

They have numerous guys that should,and are more than capable of getting no less than 25-30 goals a year.

Hartnell,G,Voracek,Simmonds,etc..all had horrific starts,but when on their game,watch the fuck out.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to argue anymore my point was that you can't just look at a small sample size and blow a team or GM up. They had a lot of bad shit going on and with time things are looking like they've been resolved. Homer also made a nice tweak with the Downie trade and sometimes that's enough to turn things around. I'm glad that the Flyers didn't do anything stupid and overreact. I think we all need to take a deep breath in the future before going off. Either way we're all on the same side so let's just start cheering for the team we love! GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was second most optimistic :)

But I've been saying the defense was vastly underrated for over a year. They have two bona-fide nhl dmen that are healthy scratches right now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon folks. No need to bicker amongst ourselves. If you don't like each other, please refer to the ignore feature.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was second most optimistic :)

But I've been saying the defense was vastly underrated for over a year. They have two bona-fide nhl dmen that are healthy scratches right now.

i was third!:third: