• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fins Draft Choices - QB

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to bother listing any of the top tier QBs available because we dont need them and they arent within our reach anyway. But I will list the other guys who I think we can and should get as competition for Tannehill.

Blake Bortles - He could go in the first round if a team feels they need a QB that bad and there isnt anyone else available. This guy is big but he can move around well. Many comparisons to Big Ben in that regard and Joe Flacco for other asects of his game. He is projected mid first to early second in most mocks - though some guys like Todd McShay and Mel Kiper Jr have him projected in the top 10 in the draft which he can certainly get to with a good bowl game performance and combine/workouts.

AJ McCarron - A game manager. Throws deep ball well and just does not make mistakes. I strongly dislike Bama, as I am sure most fins fans do - But, I think this kid is a good player and often doesnt get all the credit he deserves because of tha talent around him on both sides of the ball. Projected second rounder

Zach Mettenberger - He was a solid late first, early second round player but his season ending injury has him down to the third round - at which point he would be a possible steal IMO.

Tajh Boyd -Projected 3rd-4th rounder. Dynamic player who can do it with both his arms and legs. Has some work to do with his accuracy in order to run an NFL offense , but I think he is capable of it under the right coach and system. He is probably a good fit for a fast-paced offense similar to the Eagles/WCO.

Aaron Murray - Currently projected in most mocks as a 4th or 5th rounder due to his injury but prior to that - no mocks had him in lower than the third round. I think he is one of the few ( possibly 2 or 3) players I will list who would be ready to start week 1 if healty. He played in a pro-style system at UGA and has himself one hell of an arm.

Lastly, I have to show some love to my guy Stephen Morris - For as much headache and heartbreak he has caused me, this kid has all the tools -- mentally and physically to have himself a decent career in the NFL. The kid is a winner. He just need to work on his mechanics and cut down on the unnecessary interceptions.

So, of the guys I listed I think the guys id like to see the Fins go after in the draft or even as a FA are Bortles, Murray and Morris - I think that would fit in best with us - And have the most upside.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ McCarron - A game manager. Throws deep ball well and just does not make mistakes. I strongly dislike Bama, as I am sure most fins fans do - But, I think this kid is a good player and often doesnt get all the credit he deserves because of tha talent around him on both sides of the ball. Projected second rounder

Zach Mettenberger - He was a solid late first, early second round player but his season ending injury has him down to the third round - at which point he would be a possible steal IMO.

When these two guys played each other this year it was something special to see. Mettenberger will probably drop further due to his injury but he is VERY accurate with all of his throws including the deep ball. I don't know if Mettenberger makes it to the Fins' pick in the 3rd round but I totally agree this guy would be a steal at that point in the draft.