• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Elite 11 QB's

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being Elite 11 doesn't mean shit a lot of times. We just had an Elite 11 QB leave the team because he was buried in the depth chart.

He would have won the entire comp if he hadn't skipped a day for 7 on 7's with his HS team. Now he's at some CC in socal.

Asantii Woulard WON Elite 11 the same year Johnny Stanton made it and he just transferred out of UCLA to USF. Couldn't hack it.

Point is, yes there are some great QB's that come through there, but it's not some gold standard predictor.

And no I'm not saying this because Patrick O'Brien didn't make the final cut.

Former MSU quarterback Andrew Maxwell from 2012 was an Elite 11 QB, the dude was the worst starting QB for us in my 16 years of fandom. The whole thing means jack shit.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former MSU quarterback Andrew Maxwell from 2012 was an Elite 11 QB, the dude was the worst starting QB for us in my 16 years of fandom. The whole thing means jack shit.

So was Jameis Winston. MIzzu QB that went first round and I also think Stafford. There are successes and failures amongst the ELite 11, just like in recruiting. What it means is these are talented kids, but still HS kids that will need to develop.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was Jameis Winston. MIzzu QB that went first round and I also think Stafford. There are successes and failures amongst the ELite 11, just like in recruiting. What it means is these are talented kids, but still HS kids that will need to develop.
As a Detroit Lions fan, I can say with 100% certainty, that Stafford blows goats and has two of the worst contracts in NfL history. If he did not have the greatest wide receiver since Jerry Rice to throw to, he would be serving sandwiches at a Chik-Fil-A

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Detroit Lions fan, I can say with 100% certainty, that Stafford blows goats and has two of the worst contracts in NfL history. If he did not have the greatest wide receiver since Jerry Rice to throw to, he would be serving sandwiches at a Chik-Fil-A

Nothing like saying a #1 pick and NFL starting QB is a negative for an event picking high school QBs. He still is one of the most talented QBs in the NFL, even if he makes those WTF throws a couple times a game.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is single handedly the reason the Lions have sucked the past couple years. He has one of the most elite offenses in the country around him but still fails to produce. The Lions just need consistency out of that position and they'll be an elite team. I'm hoping the loss of Suh doesn't mess up the defense either.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like saying a #1 pick and NFL starting QB is a negative for an event picking high school QBs. He still is one of the most talented QBs in the NFL, even if he makes those WTF throws a couple times a game.
If you remove Calvin Johnson, is he still one of the most talented NFL QBs? I don't think so. Stafford can do one thing, and that's throw to Johnson -- which almost any NFL QB could do.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions need a running game, you can just throw to megatron every down.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions need a running game, you can just throw to megatron every down.
Well, Bush did OK but they lost him. They did draft Abdullah from Nebraska but I'm not sure how NFL ready he really is....so who knows.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you remove Calvin Johnson, is he still one of the most talented NFL QBs? I don't think so. Stafford can do one thing, and that's throw to Johnson -- which almost any NFL QB could do.

Uhh, yes. One of the best arms in the game. Nothing wrong with his physical talents. Its his head that holds him back

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh, yes. One of the best arms in the game. Nothing wrong with his physical talents. Its his head that holds him back
Well he is about as sturdy as a pretzel. If he were any more fragile, he'd be Charles Rogers.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I dont really care about these camps, elite11, etc.

what I do care about is: we have a commitment from a QB who is confident, has footwork and accuracy skills, and is not fazed by big, out of the norm environments where competition is on the highest level.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a great arm, but 1. His accuracy is inconsistent and 2. He makes terrible decisions. While you have to be of certain greatness to be a starting NFL QB, he just doesn't have what it takes to be one of the best in the game. If you remove Calvin Johnson, he's a below average NFL QB IMO.

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, I was talking about Perrilioux.

I remember, when Colt came in and I saw him for the first time at a practice, he was the smallest, skinniest little guy on the field. Not a vision that inspired confidence in the future...

but man he was a heck of a football player. I'd give anything to have a guy like him walk in the door again.

I was thinking Perrilioux was a 4star. mea culpa

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a great arm, but 1. His accuracy is inconsistent and 2. He makes terrible decisions. While you have to be of certain greatness to be a starting NFL QB, he just doesn't have what it takes to be one of the best in the game. If you remove Calvin Johnson, he's a below average NFL QB IMO.

You are basically agreeing with me by agree. The guy can throw all the passes. When he has time he can be unbelievable. I have said his decision making is subject. Talent wise, he is easily top 5. If you put every QB out on a field and did a pre-draft work-out, 90% of GMs would pick Stafford. That is what makes picking QBs, so tough. It is probably the position where physical talent and production are the least correlated.