• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fiesty Red Sox come back again, Yankees blow 2 leads, & Brooklyn hates Joos

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just PM me who it is...lips, sealed

Well the email includes all sorts of outrageous allegations about Down's personal life. I'm just not sure I feel comfortable with posting that sort of personal information. What Down chooses to do with another consensual adult is none of my business, is it? :scratch:

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know where someone works now and if I were as good as Rockford I could probably call and get his name and phone number. We're wrestling with whether to fully out this mothefucker or not. There are all sorts of interesting ways this could go. Maybe he'd be interested in a "deal?" :noidea:

Snoogins is the obvious choice based on his past "canicomebackplease" account he created here...

But I get the sense from you it's not that easy...so.....I'm going with Pete....he's a dumb enough mother fucker to do this...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...and if it's anyone but Uno or Snoogins, you have my vote on welcoming them back....

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snoogins is the obvious choice based on his past "canicomebackplease" account he created here...

But I get the sense from you it's not that easy...so.....I'm going with Pete....he's a dumb enough mother fucker to do this...

and judging by the prior comment, you might be on to something

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont agree with what?

That WAR is as unreliable a statistic as there is in baseball...because the defensive component...is...well...an advanced defensive metric, which all universally suck....and WAR puts too much weight on the defensive component...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the email includes all sorts of outrageous allegations about Down's personal life. I'm just not sure I feel comfortable with posting that sort of personal information. What Down chooses to do with another consensual adult is none of my business, is it? :scratch:

So...what you're saying is, there is no email...and this is just an elaborate attempt to troll me.

Well done...we actually bought it for a couple of minutes.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That WAR is as unreliable a statistic as there is in baseball...because the defensive component...is...well...an advanced defensive metric, which all universally suck....and WAR puts too much weight on the defensive component...

I dont know a lot about WAR and how the components are weighted. I just saw that he was #1 in 1980 with copy and pasted it.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oh...and if it does involve me...I expect a PM shortly. Thanks.

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was touching me in all the right places Hammer. I told you to shut up about it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...what you're saying is, there is no email...and this is just an elaborate attempt to troll me.

Well done...we actually bought it for a couple of minutes.

Yeah, it's all about you, Down. :rolleyes2:

Something else interesting is this guy had an alt account here all along but never posted in the daily thread and 100% of the posts were legit about one team. We knew about it and just watched it but got bored and forgot about it until this email. Only thing I can think is he knew we knew and just got tired of it and wants back in on the original username? :noidea:

I haven't responded to the email just to be safe cause there's no way in hell I trust this mofo.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know a lot about WAR and how the components are weighted. I just saw that he was #1 in 1980 with copy and pasted it.

It uses UZR....which as someone pointed out earlier, suggests the following things are true (this is just defense):

Colby Rasmus >>>>> Mike Trout

Stephen Drew >>>>> Elvis Andrus

Mike Napoli, best defensive 1st baseman in baseball

Ryan Zimmerman worse 3rd baseman in baseball...

Major League Leaderboards » 2013 » All Positions » Fielding Statistics | FanGraphs Baseball

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something else interesting is this guy had an alt account here all along but never posted in the daily thread and 100% of the posts were legit about one team. We knew about it and just watched it but got bored and forgot about it until this email. Only thing I can think is he knew we knew and just got tired of it and wants back in on the original username? :noidea:

I haven't responded to the email just to be safe cause there's no way in hell I trust this mofo.

YOU made it about me...not me...:L

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its floff

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kidding. :suds:

You didn't go through this long exercise of fence straddling to not at least let us know who sent it....

Spill the fucking beans already...you already said it wasn't snuggles....predicted by some very smart poster in here...

Is it one of these 5?

Pete
Uno
VP
Gen
Pickles

Not even sure if all 5 were banned here or not...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, think about this from my perspective.

I was minding my own business and knew this guy was still posting here while talking nonstop shit about us but didn't say anything. The he sends me an email. A juicy email. From his workplace.

I out whoever it is.

He denies the hell out of it.

People choose sides of who to believe.

I threaten him that if he doesn't admit it, I'm going to either post more information or call his work and ask the IT dept to look into whose spending hours every day on sportshoopla.com.

I need to think about scenarios. And one of those is that this is a troll because it doesn't exactly add up unless he's just dying to get back into this thread again (my guess). But it also might be an elaborate or very amateur attempt to get my personal information, hoping I'd respond to the outrageous email and reveal my exact location with a static IP.

If I keep talking, you're going to figure out who it is anyway.

I drank to excess last night and feel like shit and am far from clear-headed. I need to keep my cards close and think about how to handle this.