• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Femurov's keeper league offseason thread

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the leagues I'm in haven't ever done a keeper league. Sounds like it could be painful.:heh:

So now that you know my credentials are worthless, I'd throw Hill back into the heap, then see how the draft goes to decide to pick him back up. Personally think he's a bad bet. Yeah he could get back on the field this year at some point, but I don't see the Chiefs resigning him and if he leaves the Chiefs hard to say how that will go for his career.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckham and Hill

Draft a bunch of backs with all those 2nds

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckham and Hill

Draft a bunch of backs with all those 2nds
I do like the RBs in that range (and a little beyond into my 4th round picks, also). But I'm not sure I can take the uncertainty of Hill over a guy like Conner. Maybe if it was a Kerryon Johnson or Damien Williams type back with more question marks around him, I may take the chance.

Like Harold said, I think I can use one of those 2nds to get Hill back in the draft, if I really wanted him. Plus, I would already know what his situation was by then and wouldn't be married to him if things didn't turn out like they are saying they will.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the RBs in that range (and a little beyond into my 4th round picks, also). But I'm not sure I can take the uncertainty of Hill over a guy like Conner. Maybe if it was a Kerryon Johnson or Damien Williams type back with more question marks around him, I may take the chance.

Like Harold said, I think I can use one of those 2nds to get Hill back in the draft, if I really wanted him. Plus, I would already know what his situation was by then and wouldn't be married to him if things didn't turn out like they are saying they will.
In my league with bonuses for long scores Hill is incredible. That combo of Beckham and Hill in that scoring is tempting.

If you think you could get Hill back in the 2nd, well then Conner makes sense.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ODB and Bell easily....

Bell over conner 100%... Bell will easily have more touches... and i dont think it will be close...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go OBJ and Conner, but i'd try and trade Conner asap i want nothing to do with him this year in addition to thinking its going to be a 2 or even 3 headed monster i doubt Juju is going to hand him 5 vulture TDs inside the 5 like he did last season.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go OBJ and Conner, but i'd try and trade Conner asap i want nothing to do with him this year in addition to thinking its going to be a 2 or even 3 headed monster i doubt Juju is going to hand him 5 vulture TDs inside the 5 like he did last season.
conner said this week his role wont change

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
conner said this week his role wont change

He said he expects it to be similar. To me that does't exclude his sharing the backfield with Samuels and it really isn't his decision anyways.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he expects it to be similar. To me that does't exclude his sharing the backfield with Samuels and it really isn't his decision anyways.
no one has come out and said he will share, its an assumption.

That and samuels has alwasy been a guy to get his rushes

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one has come out and said he will share, its an assumption.

That and samuels has alwasy been a guy to get his rushes

Your GM said he's pushing for it because he's worried about Conners health holding up and Tomlin said he's considering it.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Conner expects the Steelers to "spread out" backfield touches "pretty evenly."
Conner was used as a workhorse when healthy last season, but the emergence of Jaylen Samuels while Conner was injured could lead to more of a timeshare moving forward. Pittsburgh could also look to use the two backs in tandem, which they reportedly experimented with during the offseason program. Conner is still the favorite for carries, but he will likely lose at least some passing-down snaps to Samuels.

SOURCE: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert, who was with Detroit when Barry Sanders played for the Lions many moons ago, suggested a committee approach with James Conner, Jaylen Samuels and fourth-round rookie Benny Snell could be in the Steelers' best interest.

"I wouldn't say it would be fading if you were fortunate enough to have one," Colbert told 105.9 The X this week when asked about workhorse backs disappearing, via The Athletic. "I was around one of those guys in Barry Sanders, and if you don't give them the ball, you're probably making a mistake. But those players are few and far between -- that's why they're Hall of Famers. Until someone proves they can play at that level consistently, you better have good options available.

"I hope that Benny Snell can give us some more variety. He has a similar running style as James. James isn't the biggest or fastest, but he gets what's there and usually finds more. I think that will help our group collectively, but if you had a unique one, you wouldn't be afraid to use him as much as you could, but those guys are few and far between."

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i'm not saying Conner can't be a great pick he is the back to own in that backfield. I just don't think he should be considered until the late 2nd in 12 team leagues. If you(SP or any other Steelers fan) want to spend a first on the guy knock yourselves out.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your GM said he's pushing for it because he's worried about Conners health holding up and Tomlin said he's considering it.

James Conner expects the Steelers to "spread out" backfield touches "pretty evenly."
Conner was used as a workhorse when healthy last season, but the emergence of Jaylen Samuels while Conner was injured could lead to more of a timeshare moving forward. Pittsburgh could also look to use the two backs in tandem, which they reportedly experimented with during the offseason program. Conner is still the favorite for carries, but he will likely lose at least some passing-down snaps to Samuels.

SOURCE: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

OF course he did, hes gonna say that.........

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert, who was with Detroit when Barry Sanders played for the Lions many moons ago, suggested a committee approach with James Conner, Jaylen Samuels and fourth-round rookie Benny Snell could be in the Steelers' best interest.

"I wouldn't say it would be fading if you were fortunate enough to have one," Colbert told 105.9 The X this week when asked about workhorse backs disappearing, via The Athletic. "I was around one of those guys in Barry Sanders, and if you don't give them the ball, you're probably making a mistake. But those players are few and far between -- that's why they're Hall of Famers. Until someone proves they can play at that level consistently, you better have good options available.

"I hope that Benny Snell can give us some more variety. He has a similar running style as James. James isn't the biggest or fastest, but he gets what's there and usually finds more. I think that will help our group collectively, but if you had a unique one, you wouldn't be afraid to use him as much as you could, but those guys are few and far between."

JAMES CONNERRB, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

James Conner said he expects his 2019 role to be "similar" to last season.
"I'll have a similar role," said Conner, who acknowledged the team will approach its game plan on a week-to-week basis. "I know I'll be a big part of it and have a big role." Conner was a revelation last year, exploding for 1,470 yards from scrimmage and 13 touchdowns (12 rushing, one receiving) while filling the workhorse role vacated by disgruntled star Le'Veon Bell. There have been rumblings that Jaylen Samuels and rookie Benny Snell could cut into Conner's workload this year, but for fantasy purposes, he's still the back to own in Pittsburgh.

SOURCE: NFL.com
Jul 1, 2019, 12:39 PM ET

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the subject of Conners TDs last year he had 17 carries(68%) out of 215 inside the 5 that's not sustainable for comparison Bell had 17 combined(73%/68%) the previous 2 seasons 582 carries

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something to remember about Conner:

if he loses 5-10% of all PIT backfield touches from last season, he'll still have 54-59% of the touches for this year.

I want the guy that gets over 50% of the touches in PIT backfield cause their OL is really good and they have a QB that can sling it. It is that simple for me, as I don't think the health is a major concern - they just want to avoid those +35 touch games.

If that's not interesting to someone at the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd, hopefully I can get him on my team. But I'm not taking him mid-1st, and the ones that are, they expect him to maintain his +60% share of the backfield, or else I don't know why they'd pass on the top WRs for Conner.