• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fellas... do not post any recruiting lists or offers from Rivals.com

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man, even if you are a Gators fan with loose morals and a penchant for over-indulgence in fermented and distilled beverages, I have your back as well. :)

How do you know so much about me? :shocked:

Thanks.

They've been cool about everything, and I have no problem letting them make their money. It's just that I don't know what information is exclusive to them and what isn't. That's were we all need to be respectful.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I don't know how to answer that one. If you have a word-of-mouth source... I don't know.

If you can find the info on other sites, the share and cite/link to it. If it's also on Rivals, at least we have proof that the information isn't exclusive to them.

What exactly are they claiming is copyright infringement? I'm just trying to understand what the basis of this all is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly are they claiming is copyright infringement? I'm just trying to understand what the basis of this all is.

Good question. A list, for example.

As far as word-of-mouth? I'll ask Rivals how they want us to handle that.

I'll email him tonight and let you all know.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the commitment and target list is on the free side (as a whole or individually) I am confused as to why it cannot be posted?? (I don't know much about the copywright laws??). Either way it seems simple enough to me. Just don't associate their name (are even acknowledge they exist for that matter) with anything on this board and there is absolutely nothing they could do IMO. There are way to many sources out there on the internet (other free message/chat boards included), including word of mouth..they could never prove where that info. came from. As far 46 stated in the intro. they are not the only ones privy to "exclusive" recruiting information. What a joke. Comical.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian could make a free account himself and just tell us what he would like changed instead. We could discuss it like adults instead of resorting to threats. Just a thought....

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but if it even is on the free side a link should be posted because if you just copy and paste the info here it takes away their web traffic, and even though they post it on the free side of their site, it is their information (if it is exclusive to them).

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$hit like that is why I will never in my life have a R____ membership. Thought about it strongly a few years back, then saw how the whole TSL members who had a R____ subscription would whine and cry everytime someone shared a simple small bit of info like if so and so would be visiting or something. Now a cease and desist letter to a different message board host? I wouldn't care how much info or how big of a message board they had, i will drop dead before i give those @ssholes a dime of my money.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like aren't alone in this. I get we are sort of a motley crew but how can you hate on Andy Bitter, the Hokies beat writer, R___s?

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm with 46 -- we'll do whatever (or not do whatever) is needed to get these third parties off your back. I've seen references to rivals250 lists. Heck, I may have even posted some on them. It's free information that doesn't require an account. I've personally not seen any rivals info that rivals.com wasn't given credit for. And these message boards are no different than twitter. People retweet rivals info all the time. I doubt rivals sent twitter a CAD. anyhoo, if you could be so awesome to get their parameters, i'm sure we'll be glad to abide. If you want us to just link to rivals, so be it. if we can repost info as long as proper credit is given, so be it. I read their terms of use and it does define this. FWIW, love the site Ghost and you may want to consider protecting yourself with a terms of use, with a clause in TOU stating that you're not responsible for monitoring the content on your site -- as I don't remember seeing one.

Just curious -- was our forum (the VT forum) mentioned specifically or just your site in general??

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know of one poster who is a paid R****s member and has posted things on the General and CFB boards, but he's not a regular here and hasn't posted any recruiting info here in a while.

I wonder if SportsHoopla was a specific target, or if R****s sent out a blanket of CAD letters to all message boards.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know of one poster who is a paid R****s member and has posted things on the General and CFB boards, but he's not a regular here and hasn't posted any recruiting info here in a while.

I wonder if SportsHoopla was a specific target, or if R****s sent out a blanket of CAD letters to all message boards.

As far as I know, it is a VT Rivals thing.....

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might have been the case. Not to make light of it all butttt I found this pick of the Sportshoopla management ;)

1307_press-image-1.jpg

Sweet parrot 46

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I also wonder if the CAD letters were sent to paid journalists and free bloggers.