• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Feeling very optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am saying is that a team that starts at eleven should not be able to pass a team that starts number two. I think when the season is done the Buckeyes strength of schedule is clearly better than Florida State. Alabama and Ohio State earned this years preseason ranking based on what they did last season and what was expected form them this year. To just move Florida State past Ohio State is a joke.

Yes they should.......When your SOS is weak and the other teams plays legit teams they should. The fact is all your doing is being totally silly and pushing for an OSU shot at the NC. You don't want OSU in a NC because they would get totally exposed and yet again look like total fools. They have no business being in the top 5. Nobody should ever be given a free pass because of a lack of playing worthy teams. I get so tired of the OSU bias that espn gives them.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they should.......When your SOS is weak and the other teams plays legit teams they should. The fact is all your doing is being totally silly and pushing for an OSU shot at the NC. You don't want OSU in a NC because they would get totally exposed and yet again look like total fools. They have no business being in the top 5. Nobody should ever be given a free pass because of a lack of playing worthy teams. I get so tired of the OSU bias that espn gives them.

Ohio State strength of schedule is considerably better than Florida State. Now throw in a game at Michigan and a championship game against a very tough Michigan State. Meanwhile Florida State will play a championship game against Duke.

Maybe you should look at Florida States schedule Bama before you make stupid comments like this.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That happened Once Scorps.....Once...

And I notice how you haven't mentioned that in the BCS Championship game run the SEC representative has beaten
Teams from the Big 10, Pac 12, etc...

And none of the best of the other conferences have been able to beat the SEC representative...no matter WHO it was....that speaks volumes....

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and furthermore Scorps....most if your arguments are illogical and ivalid...

Remember in 2007 and 2008 the Ohio State Buckeyes were the NUMBER ONE ranked team in the country and they both got absolutely murdered by two different SEC games....the games were not even remotely a contest for either Florida nor LSU...

And in both years.... Ohio State fans were laughing that they were facing a team that didn't deserve to be in that game.

So please just admit like my good friend has already admitted...

OSU secretly DOESN'T want to be in the title game...they want to win out and then be able to cla the myth...its much better than going and getting beat.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am saying is that a team that starts at eleven should not be able to pass a team that starts number two. I think when the season is done the Buckeyes strength of schedule is clearly better than Florida State. Alabama and Ohio State earned this years preseason ranking based on what they did last season and what was expected form them this year. To just move Florida State past Ohio State is a joke.

Preseason rankings are the most inaccurate rankings there are. To put a ton of emphasis on that as to why FSU shouldn't be above OSU doesn't make much sense to me. After the voters have seen the teams play, it is perfectly acceptable for them to think FSU is better. Why not? Mizzou and Auburn were both teams that didn't even get any votes in the preseason poll. Northern Illinois and Fresno St both did. Both of those teams are undefeated. Should Mizzou and Auburn be above them in the polls? By your logic no, but I would think most everyone believes they deserve their rankings above those 2 schools.

Here is the thing though. FSU won't impress anyone else the rest of the year and some voters may push OSU up because of the stuff going on with Winston. So if OSU takes care of business, they may have a chance to leap frog FSU.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State strength of schedule is considerably better than Florida State. Now throw in a game at Michigan and a championship game against a very tough Michigan State. Meanwhile Florida State will play a championship game against Duke.

Maybe you should look at Florida States schedule Bama before you make stupid comments like this.

Last week FSU's SOS ranking was 58 and OSU's was 72. This week they are 76 and 67 respectively. They are both very similar. This is from Saragin ratings by the way. Both have only played 1 team currently ranked in the top 30. Oddly enough Sagarin has FSU #1 and OSU #6. Not sure why FSU is above Bama, but they are.

USA Today | Sports | NCAAF

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please do not include playing Michigan on the road as a big deal this year. They are not a good team and OSU (if truly elite) should basically consider this a bye week. Michigan State should provide some competition though. Their resume is still full of largely cupcakes and mediocrity minus a win against Wisconsin.

FSU has an impressive win over Clemson but then a pretty comparable resume to OSU after that. You'd think playing SEC team Florida would give them points, but no. Duke is ranked...honestly, I just can't wrap my head around Duke being a quality win for an elite team but they probably are?

Bama may have a slightly more impressive resume, but even all things being equal, I think they deserve to be in the NC just because they won it last year and went undefeated this year (even with a weaker schedule than usual).

Go Auburn! Go Duke! Go Michigan State! It's my only hope for an interesting NC game.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and furthermore Scorps....most if your arguments are illogical and ivalid...

Remember in 2007 and 2008 the Ohio State Buckeyes were the NUMBER ONE ranked team in the country and they both got absolutely murdered by two different SEC games....the games were not even remotely a contest for either Florida nor LSU...

And in both years.... Ohio State fans were laughing that they were facing a team that didn't deserve to be in that game.

So please just admit like my good friend has already admitted...

OSU secretly DOESN'T want to be in the title game...they want to win out and then be able to cla the myth...its much better than going and getting beat.

To say Ohio State doesn't want to be in the championship game is ludicrous. In the history of sports there are numerous of examples of the team that everybody expected to win end up losing. Everybody in the country was upset when Florida was chose to play Ohio State. The majority of the country thought Ohio State was getting a gift championship.

I don't think you understand this Cakes but a lot of sports in a playoff setting are about will and desire. Villanova beat Georgetown in the NCAA tournament and few expected that. That's why they play the games. I remember when Ohio State played Arkansas in the bowl game and all of you SEC loyalists said the Razorbacks would crush the Buckeyes and Ohio State won.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State cheated to win that game. So it's not really a win and it's vacated. That game also came down to the very last play. I will say this it was the most exciting and fun bowl game I watched that year.

I can't relax watching Bama play. So it's was nice watching a game that has no meaning to me but was still fun and entertaining to watch.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say Ohio State doesn't want to be in the championship game is ludicrous. In the history of sports there are numerous of examples of the team that everybody expected to win end up losing. Everybody in the country was upset when Florida was chose to play Ohio State. The majority of the country thought Ohio State was getting a gift championship.

I don't think you understand this Cakes but a lot of sports in a playoff setting are about will and desire. Villanova beat Georgetown in the NCAA tournament and few expected that. That's why they play the games. I remember when Ohio State played Arkansas in the bowl game and all of you SEC loyalists said the Razorbacks would crush the Buckeyes and Ohio State won.

That's all well and good.... "Will and Desire"

So you are trying to tell me....

That Ohio State, the #1 ranked team in the country...

Not only lacked the will to win those games...

The also lacked the desire to even attempt to compete ????

Because that is what we got on the field.... THEY GOT BLOWN OUT.

All of which makes your arguments kind of moot don't you ????

Nobody thought that Arkansas was going to "crush" OSU....

and mind you... Arkansas was arguably the FORTH best SEC team that season as well....

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and mind you... Arkansas was arguably the FORTH best SEC team that season as well....

You are the biggest SEC homer I know Cakes. You have never said a single good thing about the Big Ten. If I was to go by your reason every single player form Ohio State is terrible and all SEC players are great. If Mark may every need a replacement you should apply for the job.

The nice thing he SEC has in these games is they play them in their own backyard although you seem to believe that means nothing. Now how many straight home wins do the Seahawks have and tell me home field advantage is meaningless.

Lets be real here and the SEC has had a good run of ten years but prior to that the conference was Alabama and that was pretty much it. Enjoy your ten year run because you have a long way to go to match the success of the Big Ten and the Pac 12. Take the history and look at Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State and look at the history of greatness these teams have had and all within a few hundred miles each other. Now look at the history of Alabama who has had years of weak football programs around them

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny thing is Arkansas was great until they lost that game and then you and your other SEC buddies threw them under the bus.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scorps... By the play on the field... The SEC is great...

They aren't losing these games.....ANY of them. They are beating the best of virtually every other conference.
As far as me being an SEC homer...well, I'm less of an SEC homer than you are an SEC basher...we've had a decade of dealing with you on that matter.

I think the back yard argument is puddle... I really do...

All I hear from Ohio State fans is that " they travel"... We are the best fans....we travel...and you know what ?

They are right.... So sure they had to play in New Orleans against LSU..that isn't fair, however, that crowd was half Red and white and the OSU fans were salivating to bring it up....until they got their butts beat...then suddenly if you ask them...there were 82,000 rapid LSU fans, and just that poor carload of OSU fans...

what about against the Gators??

That was in the Gators back yard?????? I think that game was pretty much as Neutral as it can get...result...
More Ohio State fans in the stands...and an even more pronounced beat down. By the hands of an SEC team. Team was physically tougher and faster and more prepared to play a big game because they have to do it six or seven times a season as opposed to once.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scorps... By the play on the field... The SEC is great...

They aren't losing these games.....ANY of them. They are beating the best of virtually every other conference.
As far as me being an SEC homer...well, I'm less of an SEC homer than you are an SEC basher...we've had a decade of dealing with you on that matter.

I think the back yard argument is puddle... I really do...

All I hear from Ohio State fans is that " they travel"... We are the best fans....we travel...and you know what ?

They are right.... So sure they had to play in New Orleans against LSU..that isn't fair, however, that crowd was half Red and white and the OSU fans were salivating to bring it up....until they got their butts beat...then suddenly if you ask them...there were 82,000 rapid LSU fans, and just that poor carload of OSU fans...

what about against the Gators??

That was in the Gators back yard?????? I think that game was pretty much as Neutral as it can get...result...
More Ohio State fans in the stands...and an even more pronounced beat down. By the hands of an SEC team. Team was physically tougher and faster and more prepared to play a big game because they have to do it six or seven times a season as opposed to once.

Ohio State in the BCS National Championship game is 1-2 which isn't great but its not bad either. The rest of the Big Ten though has fared just fine when playing an SEC school. You have taken two games versus LSU and Florida and used them as you whole opinion on Ohio State. Just last year the Cardinals beat Seattle and then were crushed by Seattle later in the year. Both games were played by the same players but totally different results. Ohio State was heavily favored against Florida an listened to all the hype for many days. When it came time to play one was prepared and hungry and the other was ready to get the game over and accept their National Championship. That's the way sports go Cakes. Just a few years in the Rose Bowl all the experts were claiming that Oregon would roll over Ohio State. The Buckeyes won quite easily.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking college football but the real news in this sport is the Criminoles are playing with a star player who is a rapist. Now the media jumped all over the Duke Blue Devil scandal taking the side of some nasty black prostitute and of course she lied. Within the last week this same prostitute is in jail for murder. Now comes Winston though who is the star of Florida State accused of r*pe and the victim has his DNA on her panties and the media is covering this up. Personally I love Ohio State but I would not root for my Buckeyes if I knew we were so desperate to win we allowed a rapist to star for us. If this Winston thug gets prosecuted he won't be playing and the DA in Tallahassee will probably get voted out when his time comes. Sports go way to far when fans would winning ahead of a man raping an innocent female.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scorp: Sorry, but you just tossed a giant softball. OSU probably isn't the program that should be perched on the moral pulpit about the FSU QB r*pe allegations.

OSU is a dirty program that regularly has players suspended and arrested for all kinds of things. I'm not aware of anything rising to the level of a r*pe, but the list is long of "moral" violations players have been dinged with. Not to mention, these are things that have been confirmed (not always by a court of law)...let's not forget the FSU QB has not been found guilty of anything and you only need to look to your own Duke example to know why that's important.

Did you call the Duke guys rapists? I hope not, cuz turned out they weren't. You just called Winston one. I'm not sure if he is...but you probably shouldn't be either.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scorp: Sorry, but you just tossed a giant softball. OSU probably isn't the program that should be perched on the moral pulpit about the FSU QB r*pe allegations.

OSU is a dirty program that regularly has players suspended and arrested for all kinds of things. I'm not aware of anything rising to the level of a r*pe, but the list is long of "moral" violations players have been dinged with. Not to mention, these are things that have been confirmed (not always by a court of law)...let's not forget the FSU QB has not been found guilty of anything and you only need to look to your own Duke example to know why that's important.

Did you call the Duke guys rapists? I hope not, cuz turned out they weren't. You just called Winston one. I'm not sure if he is...but you probably shouldn't be either.

His DNA was found on the girls panties. As for the Duke players this wasn't the case.

I need examples of the dirty Oho State program. Carlos Hyde was accused of hitting a girl at a club. Urban Meyer suspended Hyde for a few games. The video came out and showed that Hyde didn't touch the girl but Meyer kept the suspension intact. Meanwhile we have a very serious r*pe allegation with some evidence on the star player at Florida State. Sad thing is good old boy head coach Jimbo sees nothing wrong and allows the guy to keep playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.