• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Feeling good about the rest of the season.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best threads I have seen. Even with Griffin returning from major knee surgery this offense is ranked high. Shanahan's are getting the job done there. Points against is terrible, that is not all on the D but they need more players. With the salary cap penalties over next year Shanahan should be able to add some pieces to the D and we shouldn't have to go cheap on the last few players so STs should get better.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some people say no i say yes , why not ? he is a corp skins player , and he is entering the prime of his career .
if it doesnt work out the we have 10 mil in 2015

i have shown in another post how we can get even more cash for 2014 if needed

i dont see a huge risk

Im against using the franchise tag. If a guy isnt worth signing long term and you have to overpay him to keep him, its time to move on. Because if we franchise Rak, thats half our cap space on one player. Ten million in cap space should net you no less than three players. We franchise Rak and we are then looking at having to rework other players to clear space to fill the roster with adequate players... no thanks.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im against using the franchise tag. If a guy isnt worth signing long term and you have to overpay him to keep him, its time to move on. Because if we franchise Rak, thats half our cap space on one player. Ten million in cap space should net you no less than three players. We franchise Rak and we are then looking at having to rework other players to clear space to fill the roster with adequate players... no thanks.

look at my "here are some options thread " we have plenty of money and get get more by simple cuts

i wouldnt let RAk just walk and leave the fate of the OLB position to an unsigned rob jackson or the cant get active jenkins

sorry but sometime , somewhere , you have to keep corp guys and one 10 mil franchise tag (if it comes to that ) is worth it . if it doesnt work out then in 2015 you go in another direction

besides i think we resign him and the tag is just a budgeting tool for the sake of argument

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I will go eat my crow now. Very dissapointed. Have not felt like this since the 2000 season. I was dead wrong about this team, and I am coming on here to be the first to admit it. Just don't have the horses, and Haslett must go.