• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fed drops out of Roland Garros

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the smartest move made by Fed this year. He will have 100% for grass season and won't have to deal with a demoralizing exit at the FO in whichever round that may happen in. After having no warmup on clay one doesn't just show up at the FO and hope they can win there.

Hardly anything could be demoralizing after the year he's had so far.

Even if he repeated his 2008 FO Finals, in which he won 4 games over 3 sets, he could brush it off because he's been so good this year.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a reasonable schedule?

Australian Open
Indian Wells
Rome
French Open
Halle
Wimbledon
Cincinnati
US Open
Swiss Indoors Basel

(Skip World Tour Finals, not a priority any more).

That's 9 events. Swap Rome with Madrid if he wants.

When he plays the 2020 Olympics, then skip Cincinnati.

Add Miami if he's feeling good, but otherwise keep it optional.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Australian Open
Indian Wells
Rome
French Open
Halle
Wimbledon
Cincinnati
US Open
Swiss Indoors Basel

I think it is pretty good. Several breaks there. The hardest stretch would be the French Open to Wimbledon. Only thing I may do is remove Rome and possibly Halle.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is pretty good. Several breaks there. The hardest stretch would be the French Open to Wimbledon. Only thing I may do is remove Rome and possibly Halle.

Good idea. I don't think he needs any more practicing on grass.

If it means playing the French Open, then he could skip Halle and give himself 3 weeks to play Wimbledon.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he's skipping the French Open, I could now see him skipping the Australian Open.

A few months ago, during his post-match speech, I didn't think he'd skip a major if healthy.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fed must have read my post in the other thread before pulling the plug on his clay season. Hehe.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fed must have read my post in the other thread before pulling the plug on his clay season. Hehe.

Tell him he needs to play.

I've been thinking about the possibility of the calendar Grand Slam ever since he won Miami.

Still a long way to go, but if he could have won this year's FO, that would be something.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the smartest move made by Fed this year. He will have 100% for grass season and won't have to deal with a demoralizing exit at the FO in whichever round that may happen in. After having no warmup on clay one doesn't just show up at the FO and hope they can win there.

If he was scared of a "demoralizing exit," he is at a worse mental state than he should be. Yes, Nadal has looked great on clay, but he's the same guy who was last seen at Roland Garros getting more than doubled up on games by Nole. Nole was all out of sorts before this week. Who else is he gonna get scared of? Thiem and Zverev are great players, but an 18 time slam champ isn't gonna be afraid of zero time champs. Other than Goffin, I don't think anyone else is even playing particularly well.

I don't understand Fed missing Roland Garros unless he just didn't want to play. I think this, more than anything else, is a sign that Fed's days are numbered as a pro. Hopefully we appreciate every chance we have to watch him. I don't think any of us will ever see a better player.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, and yes, this is over-analyzing, but I'm a little annoyed at how he says he'll miss the fans at the FO, but nothing about missing playing there or the tourney itself.

I guess if I think about it though, he did once mention one instance he enjoyed playing there. He said one of his favorite matches was the 5 setter against Simon in 2013. He said he liked that he was able to finish it off as it was getting dark, in front of French fans rooting for Simon.

I guess I was just hoping to see in his recent statement another such instance of what he'll miss about playing there, besides the fans. He has fans everywhere so I wanted to see something more unique to that tourney.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, and yes, this is over-analyzing, but I'm a little annoyed at how he says he'll miss the fans at the FO, but nothing about missing playing there or the tourney itself.

I guess if I think about it though, he did once mention one instance he enjoyed playing there. He said one of his favorite matches was the 5 setter against Simon in 2013. He said he liked that he was able to finish it off as it was getting dark, in front of French fans rooting for Simon.

I guess I was just hoping to see in his recent statement another such instance of what he'll miss about playing there, besides the fans. He has fans everywhere so I wanted to see something more unique to that tourney.

Meh, good for him. He does not have to play dirty tennis in front of dirty french people.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, good for him. He does not have to play dirty tennis in front of dirty french people.

I think you meant clean tennis in front of supremely hygienic French people.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Australian Open
Indian Wells
Rome
French Open
Halle
Wimbledon
Cincinnati
US Open
Swiss Indoors Basel

Federer's actual schedule:

++++++++++++++

Schedule ~ Roger Federer The Champ

12 June to 18 June - Mercedes Cup

Category: ATP World Tour 250
Place: Stuttgart, Germany
Surface: Grass (outdoor)
Draw Size: Singles - 28
Centre Court: 4,500
RF 2016: Semifinal

19 June to 25 June - Gerry Weber Open

Category: ATP World Tour 500
Place: Halle, Germany
Surface: Grass (outdoor)
Draw Size: Singles - 32
Centre Court: 12,300
RF 2016: Semifinal

+++++++++++++++++++

He's playing both the Mercedes Cup and the Gerry Weber Open.

I'd rather have him play the French Open, and skip the Mercedes Cup.