• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fear the Walking Dead

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will end up as the fan-favorite. One could argue he's the "Rick" of FTWD, since the show did start with him.

That is one the central issues with the show so far IMO, is that we really don't have a protagonist.

Right now he is just an annoying, strung-out pretty boy. If I was in this apocalpyse I would be sorely tempted to throw him to the zombies.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will end up as the fan-favorite. One could argue he's the "Rick" of FTWD, since the show did start with him.

That is one the central issues with the show so far IMO, is that we really don't have a protagonist.

Pretty much the way I see it too.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be airbourne and extremely tough to survive long periods of time outside of hosts to spread. There is no other way that it could spread worldwide.

Don't know how it started, but your theories are plausible. There is just with nothing to support judgement on this issue at the moment except for the early episodes of TWD where they went to that disease control center and the guy was blowing everything up. If I recall correctly he didn't make any exact statements but he was convinced that it was game over for humanity.

If I recall correctly, he wasn't blowing everything up he just ran out of time. The building was running out of power and was set to explode when that happened "stuff you'd never want to get out" was being researched in there. He looked like he was close to the cure but he accidentally destroyed his research a few days before the building was supposed to explode.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now he is just an annoying, strung-out pretty boy. If I was in this apocalpyse I would be sorely tempted to throw him to the zombies.

I can see how people hate Him and he's probably the most 50/50(loved or hated) character so far but I like Nick a lot.

It could have to do with him being the best actor as Chef mentioned but I already like the development of his character with lots of potential to improve.

He started off the show high off his ass. But we've already started to see that he does care about his mom/sis and that he can be pretty reliable and smart when he's not strung out

He's still very careless at times(premiere for example) but that's part of addict mentality he's still shedding. I find him interesting and a far bigger asset then the Mopey teen and his own sister.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see how people hate Him and he's probably the most 50/50(loved or hated) character so far but I like Nick a lot.

It could have to do with him being the best actor as Chef mentioned but I already like the development of his character with lots of potential to improve.

He started off the show high off his ass. But we've already started to see that he does care about his mom/sis and that he can be pretty reliable and smart when he's not strung out

He's still very careless at times(premiere for example) but that's part of addict mentality he's still shedding. I find him interesting and a far bigger asset then the Mopey teen and his own sister.

:nono:

She hawt and we gotta get a look at the goods before she dies en sech

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup I think if anything that would be the complaint.

Travis, Nick and Daniel have all gotten solid character building as well as Strand being very interesting.

On the female side we've gotten nothing so far.

After reading the story line for the next episode of Fear. I'm hopeful it'll kick start developing Madison's character. Who w/o doubt is the female lead of the show. I also think the possible marauders threat could help in developing Alicia's character. I haven't seen any possible angles to developing Ofelia's character though. She could end up as the mopey character everyone wants to die. Chris is holding that role down at present.

Don't see this as really a spoiler, but apologies if so. Next week's plot-line involves a family of survivalists. I've been wondering for a while when/how the doomsday prepper crew were gonna get their day in the sun.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading the story line for the next episode of Fear. I'm hopeful it'll kick start developing Madison's character. Who w/o doubt is the female lead of the show. I also think the possible marauders threat could help in developing Alicia's character. I haven't seen any possible angles to developing Ofelia's character though. She could end up as the mopey character everyone wants to die. Chris is holding that role down at present.

Don't see this as really a spoiler, but apologies if so. Next week's plot-line involves a family of survivalists. I've been wondering for a while when/how the doomsday prepper crew were gonna get their day in the sun.

It might very well be Madison as the female lead going forward....but let's not forget that Asian woman from the Flight 462 mini episodes. I think she becomes a major character down the road somehow as well.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might very well be Madison as the female lead going forward....but let's not forget that Asian woman from the Flight 462 mini episodes. I think she becomes a major character down the road somehow as well.

Yeah, I agree. I even asked about the Asian babe in an earlier post. No way she doesn't end up with a juicy role/development after being featured prominently in the webisodes.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't wait to find out where the group is. I know they've made it to land somewhere, but is it in Orange County?...or are they in San Diego like Strand wanted?...or did they instead head north, and made a brief pit stop on one of the Channel Islands off the coast of Santa Barbara (which would be kinda cool since they're very sparsely populated.) I'm pretty sure it's not Catalina, considering how long they've been sailing.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to find out where the group is. I know they've made it to land somewhere, but is it in Orange County?...or are they in San Diego like Strand wanted?...or did they instead head north, and made a brief pit stop on one of the Channel Islands off the coast of Santa Barbara (which would be kinda cool since they're very sparsely populated.) I'm pretty sure it's not Catalina, considering how long they've been sailing.

And where are the possible marauders at? Strand said they were flying at 25 knots and Abigail could only do 20 knots pushing it. So if they haven't caught up they can't be far behind. Unless Strand managed to okie doke em somehow. Or maybe the marauders and the survivalist family are linked somehow......lotta possibilities and I'm looking forward to how it goes down.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And where are the possible marauders at? Strand said they were flying at 25 knots and Abigail could only do 20 knots pushing it. So if they haven't caught up they can't be far behind. Unless Strand managed to okie doke em somehow. Or maybe the marauders and the survivalist family are linked somehow......lotta possibilities and I'm looking forward to how it goes down.
I would guess that the marauders ARE the survivalists.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess that the marauders ARE the survivalists.

Yup. When Alicia told him that they couldn't help them, his tone completely changed and he said something like "Okay Alicia, I'll see you soon." Of course this would have made no sense to Alicia if he was who she thought he was since she just told him they couldn't go help him. She also revealed to him an approximate location in a previous conversation.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More garbage.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it now...this is AMC's idea of The Walking Dead Lite. Designed to appeal to a more general audience.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the island was a nice setup. I might have wanted to stay.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the island was a nice setup. I might have wanted to stay.

Yeah if I was that lady I would have been asking them to stay and to help build a society for my kids to grow up in, instead of asking them to take my kids.