• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fear the Walking Dead

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone (maybe Calsnowskier?) posted awhile back that they'd like to see Gimple run the show...and I agree.

He may be a twit but he certainly provides entertainment. At worst, he'd give me more ammo to trash him with. ;)

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess we might have some bad guys coming up soon.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fear tWD >>>>>>>>>>>> tWD

Give it time.
I don't necessarily agree but its certainly no worse. This had a nice beginning and the radio conversation was good. It also had the stupidest thing ever in taking the dead woman to the ship as they were rushing to avoid walkers.
After I finished that I started watching the second to last TWD and was treated to a closeup of motor oil with vague dialogue before the credits, then a Johnny Cash music video after the credits. Wow, what a show!
At this point I am convinced any show with Kirkman playing an active role in, is going to be average at best.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my problem I think. They're trying to tug at heart strings when we just don't care yet...

Other than that, I like the idea of them finally addressing what life would be like out on the water in the Zombie Apocalypse as that always seems to be everyone's go to solution... "Oh I'd just take a boat and head out to an island!!!"... Kinda cool in that sense I guess...

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems a little early for marauders to be attacking other humans...

I would think the ending to Day of the Dead was pretty clear in A) what going to an island in a zombie apocalypse will get you and B) if zombies can run/don't lose any motor skills we're all well beyond shit outta luck.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those saying Fear has been boring. Have we so quickly forgotten about season 2 of The Walking Dead?

I defended it often back in the KFFL days, but watching paint dry was more exciting till the final minutes of the final episode when Carol's daughter popped out the barn.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those saying Fear has been boring. Have we so quickly forgotten about season 2 of The Walking Dead?

I defended it often back in the KFFL days, but watching paint dry was more exciting till the final minutes of the final episode when Carol's daughter popped out the barn.

Oh, no no no...gotta disagree there. The first two seasons of TWD were brilliant. Great storytelling and characters that people cared about. Whole different ball game here.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really liked some of the character interactions that season, mostly anything to do with Shane. The scene where Shane turned on Otis to save himself was pretty epic in my opinion. The show has evolved to a point where a scene like that would be no big deal now but at the time it was pretty intense, and that was a little bit of foreshadowing as to what a cut throat world it was becoming. But I do agree that there were some really boring parts on that farm and the forest surrounding it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean you didn't find everyone doing chores exciting?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no no no...gotta disagree there. The first two seasons of TWD were brilliant. Great storytelling and characters that people cared about. Whole different ball game here.

We'll have to agree to disagree on at last some of it being great storytelling, but I do think it was necessary. The writers are trying to do a series not a 2 hour movie. For a series to sustain success beyond a season or two. Character development is essential. I look at Fear in a similar way. People have to remember, Fear is only 7 shows in. The crew can't be some bad ass, tightly knit outfit of water zombie killers. Ready to kick any other group of humans asses at the drop of a hat. At least not yet.

There will also be parallels to TWD cast members, but the writers have to be careful not to make Travis the Rick of the water or Strand, Shane of the boat. I could be wrong, but they're going to have to find another setting as well besides Abigail relatively soon. The on the water setting becomes pretty limiting pretty quick, at least to me. Or maybe they come across a luxury cruise ship. That could be interestung.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked some of the character interactions that season, mostly anything to do with Shane. The scene where Shane turned on Otis to save himself was pretty epic in my opinion. The show has evolved to a point where a scene like that would be no big deal now but at the time it was pretty intense, and that was a little bit of foreshadowing as to what a cut throat world it was becoming. But I do agree that there were some really boring parts on that farm and the forest surrounding it.

Yeah, the final Shane/Otis scene was pretty cool. I know I said Strand = Shane, but I liked what the Fear writer said abut Strand and what Abigail means or represents to him on Talking Dead. Gives me hope Strand will be more complex than Shane, who imo carried TWD for the most part during his time on the show. As he was one of the few characters at that time that could evoke emotion from the audience. Good grief I wanted Lori to die so bad during season 2 of TWD.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TWD S1 was gripping. I was completely hooked during all episodes (except Vatos. Gawd I hated that episode). And I did not read the comics until S3, so it had nothing to do with my love of the comics going in and knowing where the show was going.

This show had a pointless S1 (eps 5 and 6 were passable, but only when grading on a curve) and a set-up episode as a premiere. A show needs to have more built up ON ITS OWN to be able to have such a snooze-fest for a premiere.

At this point, if watching this show had not become a bit of a family event, and it did not have "The Walking Dead" attached to it, I would be removing it from me DVR.

Strand is the only character I care anything about at this point. Nick has graduated from an "F" to a "D-", but everyone else is a solid "F".

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One way they can improve the show....... actress Alycia Debnam-Carey has way too much clothing on. She's on a ship... get her in a damn bikini instead of playing with the friggin' radio!

tumblr_inline_nlys4aTFmH1t1u7h5_500.png

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTWD gives a whole new meaning to the term motor boating. That was awesome!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strand, Nick and Daniel are all good characters.

Travis stupid ass son needs to be tossed overboard by Strand when no one is looking. Rest are basically human shields for the 3 good characters to me.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strand, Nick and Daniel are all good characters.

Travis stupid ass son needs to be tossed overboard by Strand when no one is looking. Rest are basically human shields for the 3 good characters to me.

Strand is the only one I really like so far but I agree on the potential for the other 2, especially Daniel. The 2 hot chicks serve their purpose I guess. I couldn't stand Chris during the first season but now he's even worse now that his mother is dead. He needs to die next but then I think that will make Travis and the dynamics with his new family more annoying.

I am actually interested to see what these pirates are all about and what their agenda is. It definitely seems like that dude she was talking to on the CB is part of that gang. Sounds like he conned her into giving him their approximate location. Hopefully that pays off.