• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fear the Walking Dead

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looks like they will be dealing with the plane crash almost right away. All the promos have dealt with life rafts and walkers coming out of the water.

I am avoiding looking at any casting spoilers for S2 so I dont know which of the plane passengers will be joining the cast. The chick seems too obvious. But she knows something about what is happening, and I have a hard time believing they will not address that.

The kid is the other obvious choice. He does nothing on the shorts, but he gets a ton of screen time.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looks like they will be dealing with the plane crash almost right away. All the promos have dealt with life rafts and walkers coming out of the water.

I am avoiding looking at any casting spoilers for S2 so I dont know which of the plane passengers will be joining the cast. The chick seems too obvious. But she knows something about what is happening, and I have a hard time believing they will not address that.

The kid is the other obvious choice. He does nothing on the shorts, but he gets a ton of screen time.

Yeah I haven't even watched the plane parts yet. Waiting til they are all available at once then we can speculate.

Only casting news I've even heard was an adult male character and I don't remember if I even saw it cast or if it was just a casting call.

This season looks like it has good potential

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fear...

Fear...

Fear...

The boredom.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a lame season opener. Strand and Nick are the only characters keeping me interested right now.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a lame season opener. Strand and Nick are the only characters keeping me interested right now.

I thought tonight's opener was alright.

Strand = Shane w/o taking up with your homey's wife and trying to make his family your family angle. He and Daniel are the most interesting characters to me thus far. Daniel's wise to not view Strand saving them all as some benevolent act. Though had it not been for Nick's family, Daniel, and the rest of the crew. Strand and Nick would already be zombie poop.....if zombies still poop.

I have to admit to being surprised at the quickness Travis came to a pragmatic nature when they came across the stragglers floating about on the ocean.

Rule #4. Your name being on the boat note don't mean a fuckin thing, Strand. If everyone else on the boat bum rushes you and tosses your ass into the cold, wet abyss of death called the Pacific Ocean.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought tonight's opener was alright.

Strand = Shane w/o taking up with your homey's wife and trying to make his family your family angle. He and Daniel are the most interesting characters to me thus far. Daniel's wise to not view Strand saving them all as some benevolent act. Though had it not been for Nick's family, Daniel, and the rest of the crew. Strand and Nick would already be zombie poop.....if zombies still poop.

I have to admit to being surprised at the quickness Travis came to a pragmatic nature when they came across the stragglers floating about on the ocean.

Rule #4. Your name being on the boat note don't mean a fuckin thing, Strand. If everyone else on the boat bum rushes you and tosses your ass into the cold, wet abyss of death called the Pacific Ocean.

The only reason I think they might be accepting his rule is because the rest of them might be clueless about boating. I mean it's not exactly like flying a plane. You'd think they could manage if they were desperate.

On Talking Dead the actor who plays Strand kept referring to his character as "Victor". I'm not sure if his first name has been mentioned yet on the show.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

What a craptastic episode. How in the hell can they have a filler episode for a season premiere of a show that was teetering on the edge of sleepiness to begin with?

I will not give up on the show (it is a bit of a family event at this point), but I am SUPER disappointed so far.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I think they might be accepting his rule is because the rest of them might be clueless about boating. I mean it's not exactly like flying a plane. You'd think they could manage if they were desperate.

On Talking Dead the actor who plays Strand kept referring to his character as "Victor". I'm not sure if his first name has been mentioned yet on the show.

I'm watching TD right now. Victor Strand is his full given Fear The Walking Dead name, but yeah, I don't recall any mention of a Victor myself either.

I thought the water zombies were more floaters than swimmers myself. I'm gonna have to call some bullshit though if I see a single zombie doing the breaststroke or butterflying like their ass was Michael Phelps.

And oh, wondering when the Asian looking babe and maybe the kid from the 1 minute webisodes pop up.

Last edited:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching TD right now. Victor Strand is his full given Fear The Walking Dead name, but yeah, I don't recall any mention of a Victor myself either.

I thought the water zombies were more floaters than swimmers myself. I'm gonna have to call some bullshit though if I see a single zombie doing the breaststroke or butterflying like their ass was Michael Phelps.

And oh, wondering when the Asian looking babe and maybe the kid from the 1 minute webisodes pop up.

I watched again a little more carefully (was somewhat distracted the first time) and you're right. Didn't see any actually swimming. I was thinking the one that guy his face chopped off by the motor was swimming after them but he was only walking in the water. One of them sure floated up on Nick in a hurry out of nowhere as he was getting the log but that's pretty typical on TWD. If the viewer can't see them then neither can the character until they are on screen.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An underwhelming season debut, to say the least.

My prediction for episode 2: Mopey Dick regrets shovin' his dead mom overboard and goes lookin' to retrieve her bod so's he can stare at her some more; The Twinkie invites her new CB boyfriend over to the boat for a zombie toga party and a swim; Vic finally says "Y'know what? Fuuck this!" and blows everyone except the junkie away; At the episode's end, there is a note from the show's producers promising more Walking Dead(if you'll just bear with us)...

Ok, I'll bite (pun totally intended): I'll hang in there...mainly 'cuz I'd really like to see Vic kick Travis's ass a little, although I don't think a mano a mano kinda thing is really Vic's forte.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not invested yet in the characters, but I will give it time.

This is my problem I think. They're trying to tug at heart strings when we just don't care yet...

Other than that, I like the idea of them finally addressing what life would be like out on the water in the Zombie Apocalypse as that always seems to be everyone's go to solution... "Oh I'd just take a boat and head out to an island!!!"... Kinda cool in that sense I guess...

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems a little early for marauders to be attacking other humans...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my problem I think. They're trying to tug at heart strings when we just don't care yet...

And that's a problem in itself; It's season 2. How long do they rely on name value before it 'catches on'?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this show was called something that didn't have The Walking Dead in its title, it would be toast. It's hanging on by name alone.