• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fear the Walking Dead

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, Ophelia's gotta go. I dunno why, but to me she's got another Laurie written all over her. ;)

On the Talking Dead, she was compared to the Governor. But I think Strand is more Governor-like at this point, but who knows? I wonder why he was locked up.

Ophelia is pretty hot so I hope they keep her. Otherwise I'm not really sure what I think of her character yet.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I found out I was bit, I don't think my first choice for way to go would be to run into a propeller, but that was pretty cool!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I found out I was bit, I don't think my first choice for way to go would be to run into a propeller, but that was pretty cool!
Yeah it was. The scene with Victor getting his cufflinks back from Melvin was pretty good, too. I'm beginning to like this show very much.

Didn't one of the Living Dead movies end with the remaining cast taking off on a boat? I think it was the remake of Dawn, and I if I remember correctly it didn't end very well...

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay episode, but much like the entire season, it felt as if it was more focused on setting the stage for what's to come. I'm definitely interested in the boat angle. We know it won't last, but how long until they have to abandon it?

I'm also wondering if we'll see any outside our main group again, like the Doctor. I know it was implied she would commit suicide, but what if she doesn't?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay episode, but much like the entire season, it felt as if it was more focused on setting the stage for what's to come. I'm definitely interested in the boat angle. We know it won't last, but how long until they have to abandon it?

I'm also wondering if we'll see any outside our main group again, like the Doctor. I know it was implied she would commit suicide, but what if she doesn't?

I wonder what happens to the community once they realize that no one is guarding them.

I thought those soldiers were going to r*pe Alicia. Guess they were focused on, you know, surviving.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good question. Interesting that each show has now left a doctor behind who was still alive when last seen.

Also Talking Dead had a short feature on Tobias. They sort of hinted that he may reappear and they acknowledged the popularity of his character. Now that it seems they are on their way out onto the water it's hard to imagine how he may reappear.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season was not as good as S1 of TWD, but I think S2 will be more comparable to the first season of TWD. This is really just a prequel to the show that starts next year, I think. Coming back to this season after 2 or 3 more seasons will be where it's real value is.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Talking Dead had a short feature on Tobias. They sort of hinted that he may reappear and they acknowledged the popularity of his character. Now that it seems they are on their way out onto the water it's hard to imagine how he may reappear.

Actually, it's pretty easy to imagine Tobias re-entering the picture...
Tobias seems to have a survivor mind set, and I wouldn't be surprised if he visited a local marina and headed for Catalina or another Channel island on a commandeered vessel.

As for Season 2...
Aggressive Coastguard and Naval vessels plus hostile pirates are probably going to provide plenty of story ideas (as will the search for boat fuel and food/water supplies, and of course, dealing with harsh marine weather incidents).

I would imagine Mr. Strand is familiar with lots of ports up and down the Pacific coast, and with some creative set design, the producers can probably keep the show budget low by re-using the same areas for numerous ports-of-call.

Last edited:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a really good season finale. Nice escape scenes in the school.

I felt bad for the families left behind, I would have thought Madison and Co would have at least told them to get the hell out of Dodge. Though I am not sure the final stage of Cobalt ever occurred.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a really good season finale. Nice escape scenes in the school.

I felt bad for the families left behind, I would have thought Madison and Co would have at least told them to get the hell out of Dodge. Though I am not sure the final stage of Cobalt ever occurred.

I felt bad for them as well, but I have to admit the ruthless look-out-for-me-and-mine thinking of the group (Madison especially) is a very fresh and more realistic perspective. One of the things that makes me want to come back and see where this is headed...

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I purposely waited until I had seen the entire season to comment, but imo FTWD was as good as possible for the beginning of a spin off.

I do have some kill requests, though.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I purposely waited until I had seen the entire season to comment, but imo FTWD was as good as possible for the beginning of a spin off.

I do have some kill requests, though.

I struggled through the 1st season. Although it appears, like TWD, that I will wait anxiously for the obnoxious son to be killed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it before, and the more I think about it, the more I feel this way...

S1 of Fear is really just a prequel to S2 of Fear, I think. S2 will be more comparable to S1 of TWD.

If S2 is as slow and the characters continue to be so meh, THEN I will begin to worry.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it before, and the more I think about it, the more I feel this way...

S1 of Fear is really just a prequel to S2 of Fear, I think. S2 will be more comparable to S1 of TWD.

If S2 is as slow and the characters continue to be so meh, THEN I will begin to worry.

Might be even more intense. I think they've stated that the zombies will be "fresher", stronger and faster? So that could make for an even more intense display.

I agree with your assessment of season 1....definitely a "pilot" season, so to speak.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be even more intense. I think they've stated that the zombies will be "fresher", stronger and faster? So that could make for an even more intense display.

I agree with your assessment of season 1....definitely a "pilot" season, so to speak.
Can you imagine if we were able to get this time frame for "our group" in TWD? Before Rick joined up.

We would see Dale lose his wife and pick up Jim, Andrea and Amy. We would see Shane, Laurie and Carl make their way to Atlanta. We would see Daryl and Merle acting like complete d-bags as everything went to shit. We would see Carol and her family somehow surviving. How did all these sub-groups get together and become a community?

Without knowing who all these people were post-ZA, that would be boring as all hell. But knowing who these characters became would make that story incredibly gripping, even if it is paced about the same as S1 of Fear.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They already seemed to move a bit differently than the zombies in TWD.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show still felt slow.

Agreed. And I felt like the entire ordeal with the son's drug problem just felt like "filler" in the early episodes. And by the end of the season, he was right there with Carl in my "can't let them get eaten quickly enough."

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing I thought of when I saw him was that he was the devil or a demon of some sort.

So the very first thing you thought of when the first black character in FTWD was introduced was that he was a demon?

latest

Attachments

• p7LBNc7.jpg
    p7LBNc7.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 14

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what happens to the community once they realize that no one is guarding them.

I forget what the exact terminology used was, but Operation Cobalt included something like "humane destruction" of the population. Was supposed to happen at 0900.