• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fear the Walking Dead

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the military guys might know, or whoever it was that shot the guy on the street with the gun. They shot him in the head and I'm pretty sure he wasn't a zombie since zombies don't tend to carry guns. I think that's why they are getting rid of all the unhealthy people.

I see what you mean but the soldiers walking the street were wearing hazmat suits. That leads me to believe that they don't understand how people get infected, and they think there might be a possibility that it's airborne.

That being said, I think there actually is a place where they intend to treat people, after all, they have no reason to eliminate the few people that they believe are completely clean of the virus, plus I doubt Nick would die in such a meaningless way. The military would have no reason to take the ex-wife if they planned on killing everyone. The military thinks that the people inside the safe zone have never come across the infected, that's why they asked everyone if they'd been exposed or not when they first arrived. The people outside aren't as lucky though, as shown at the end of the episode when the soldiers went to kill the people trying to signal the safe zone. "Do(ing) evil out of fear".

I liked how the Lieutenant was playing golf too, I felt like it was a call-back to the Governor since I doubt everyone who's surviving the apocalypse enjoys playing golf. One thing I really enjoy is when Daniel Salazar speaks about his past in El Salvador, drawing comparisons between the show and the real world. Some places in the real world are just as bad as this fictionalized apocalypse, you don't need zombies to experience horror.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand wanting to build the story but FTWD without any walking dead?!?

I guess they are building a false sense of security with everyone including the military assuming that the situation is under control.

Looking forward to when things explode. I can only handle the complete lack of action for so long..........

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super slow.

I get the impression that the military did not do this house-to-house search as they claimed. I think they picked nice suburbs, set up the zones and called it good....out of FEAR. (couldn't resist.)

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Madison will become the Rick Grimes of this show.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Madison will become the Rick Grimes of this show.
I have heard that they are basically doing the Governors back story books in this show. I have not read these books (there are 3 novels), but some who have read them claim there are a lot of early similarities.

And Madison is playing the part of "The Gov"...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand wanting to build the story but FTWD without any walking dead?!?

I guess they are building a false sense of security with everyone including the military assuming that the situation is under control.

Looking forward to when things explode. I can only handle the complete lack of action for so long..........

Yup. Typically I'm all for slow burn, fleshed out story that makes you think and isn't just mindless. But this is a goddamn zombie show. I want carnage!!!

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard that they are basically doing the Governors back story books in this show. I have not read these books (there are 3 novels), but some who have read them claim there are a lot of early similarities.

And Madison is playing the part of "The Gov"...

Are the novels cannon to the series?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the last two episodes have been kind of slow, I do not think its any worse than many many parts of TWD though.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the first one. Hated it. The guy's writing style did not agree with me at all.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Typically I'm all for slow burn, fleshed out story that makes you think and isn't just mindless. But this is a goddamn zombie show. I want carnage!!!

Well it's only a matter of time until the "safe" zone becomes a whole lot less safe. I'm guessing you'll get your wish soon! I agree that E4 was the slowest yet and probably the worst so far, but it did seem like a set-up episode so I'm expecting excitement within the next episode or two.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eps 5 and 6 should be quite chaotic. We will see what is going on at "the hospital" and the hole in the fence will certainly come back to be a factor in the safe zone. They will be out of "LA" by the end of the season, I suspect. Also, they will probably meet up with a lot of new people in the first few episodes of S2. I think setting up a temp camp outside the city is a good, natural strategy. Much like what happened outside Atlanta. But we met up with that group approx 6 weeks after "the lights went out". At the end of ep 4, it had only been 10 days since "the lights went out".

Of course, Atlanta did not necessarily fall on the same day as LA. I doubt, though, that it fell more than a day or two after LA (we know it didnt fall BEFORE LA because the news did not say anything about it).

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last one didn't bug me so much. It was obviously part of the set-up. The name of episode 6 has me wondering if they snuff Travis at the end of this season. I figure we gotta be losing at least 1 or 2 of them.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last one didn't bug me so much. It was obviously part of the set-up. The name of episode 6 has me wondering if they snuff Travis at the end of this season. I figure we gotta be losing at least 1 or 2 of them.

Not sure what the title of the finale is but I kind of agree. I think Travis is a likely candidate to die. Someone major has to. I think Liza, Daniel, and Griselda could all die too but I don't think they are considered major characters yet. If they survive this season they probably will be. I don't think any of the kids will die this season. Griselda's daughter will continue to whore herself. That'll keep herself alive but might not be enough to keep those she cares about alive. The guys that she suckers will probably all die.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced that we will lose a "major" character this season. The only "major" characters we lost in S1 of TWD were Amy and Jim. And neither of them were to the level of Travis.

I think Danial's wife (Griselda?) is a goner. Maybe Travis' ex, as well. But I think they will want to explore the current vs ex thing for a while longer.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced that we will lose a "major" character this season. The only "major" characters we lost in S1 of TWD were Amy and Jim. And neither of them were to the level of Travis.

I think Danial's wife (Griselda?) is a goner. Maybe Travis' ex, as well. But I think they will want to explore the current vs ex thing for a while longer.

Yeah I think it would be the ex wife if any one. I hardly count the Mexican mom or daughter as mains so they could be the most likely.

Madison, Nick and Alicia are all locks to survive the season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mexican daughter has the slutty-hot position filled, so I am not sure she will die yet, either.

I think possible deaths are...

Travis' son
Travis' ex
Griselda
Daniel (reach - but he will certainly be dead by the end of S2, latest)

That leaves these to be safe...

Madison
Travis
Nick
Alicia
Daniel's daughter

Am I forgetting any "major" characters?

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the title of the finale is but I kind of agree. I think Travis is a likely candidate to die. Someone major has to. I think Liza, Daniel, and Griselda could all die too but I don't think they are considered major characters yet. If they survive this season they probably will be. I don't think any of the kids will die this season. Griselda's daughter will continue to whore herself. That'll keep herself alive but might not be enough to keep those she cares about alive. The guys that she suckers will probably all die.

Yeah, I could be reading too much into it, but episode 6 is titled "The Good Man." I believe it was episode 3, after everyone had arrived at Madison's house, that Daniel stated, "Good men die first." I can't think of a more stand-up guy on the show than Travis. Not to mention, that might be a catalyst for Madison, whom is pretty obviously the lead, and I suspect on the road to being one of the shows badasses.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me, or did it seem like the signals coming from the building was actually gunfire? Seemed like you could hear an automatic gun being fired as Travis was looking toward the signal at the end of the episode.