• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Rock Singers of All Time

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis didn’t have music, he had hip thrusts and other people’s songs. When all you have to fall back on when arguing someone’s musical greatness is popularity, you lost.

the thread's about singers, not song writers.

aside from him being in about 20 hall of fames, you can't argue with his success.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thread's about singers, not song writers.

aside from him being in about 20 hall of fames, you can't argue with his success.
Well, we’ve been over how considering him one of the best singers is a joke, and that’s not what you’ve been arguing anyway. Don’t try to move those posts now.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis didn’t have music, he had hip thrusts and other people’s songs. When all you have to fall back on when arguing someone’s musical greatness is popularity, you lost.

I don't think anybody thinks Elvis was a great musician. What he had was a voice that came from southern church choir origins, a style that met the sunami that became rock'n'roll and a helluva marketing program behind hum. Since this thread is about singers, he can be on someone's favorite list. I for one would love to here Like a Stone with Elvis singing it. It's Cornell's song but I think Elvis could rock the shit out of it.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didn't copy them, they were supplied to him.
Yeah... and if you were lucky, the label made you give him a partial writing credit upon delivery. Demanding partial writing credits for work they had no part in creating is definitely what you look for in a music icon...

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... and if you were lucky, the label made you give him a partial writing credit upon delivery. Demanding partial writing credits for work they had no part in creating is definitely what you look for in a music icon...
i don't think elvis ever claimed to be a songwriter.

Reactions: GNG

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody thinks Elvis was a great musician. What he had was a voice that came from southern church choir origins, a style that met the sunami that became rock'n'roll and a helluva marketing program behind hum. Since this thread is about singers, he can be on someone's favorite list. I for one would love to here Like a Stone with Elvis singing it. It's Cornell's song but I think Elvis could rock the shit out of it.
Nothing wrong with that take, but no, there are a couple throughout this thread who are definitely arguing he was a great musician.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think elvis ever claimed to be a songwriter.
Of course you don’t, it’d knock that magical pedestal you have him on down a notch.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
judging by his haters, he must be great. people who have mega popularity always have haters.

everybody who's anybody acknowledges his greatness.
I don't think "haters" mean what you want it to mean.

I gave the dewd his credit for his time and the influence he had … stop bein such a fng hugger. He, really, wasn't all that in comparison to many that have been listed.