• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fargo (TV series)

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, and the bowling alley scene was Coen brothers Big Lebowski all over again...only The Wandering Jew instead of the Sam Eliot character.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each year has has it's little sidebar into WTF territory. Last season was the UFO's.

I'm voting that they're still alive, otherwide they just stay in the 'after-alley.' They drove off in a VW to re-join the story. Key's under the matt.

Heh.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that old dude in the bowling alley was the same old dude that Sheriff Gloria met at the bar in California
Good catch. I had forgotten that scene.

Without rewatching the scene, I have a couple initial theories...

1) the LA scene occurred before the Ray Wise character died. He died since, and has become some kind of receptionist in the waiting room to the afterlife.

2) Burgle will die in these next few episodes and he was just prepping her.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have just had the Russian die with the crossbow bolt to the head. Would have been way funnier and more entertaining than watching the ensuing clusterfuck.

It's getting a little old seeing certain villains in shows that are portrayed as being really tough and badass but end up just being incompetent retards. I'm not talking about generic bad guys like storm troopers. I mean characters with significant roles that we see in situations that imply how tough and intimidating they are. For instance, the Mexican Assassins in Breaking Bad who do nothing other than fail to kill an unarmed 50 year old fat guy.

That's kind of what we got with the Russian and the Asian. So far they've both beat up woman, the Asian has killed two old people, and the Russian killed a child and his father by being the luckiest fuck on the planet. I guess karma got him when the deaf guy somehow cut his ear off with that axe throw. Seriously, that axe went into the woods looking like a Peyton Manning pass during his last year in the league. How it cut through the Russian's ear and still landed like that in a tree is a miracle.

I guess Professor Lupin likes hiring dipshits though because DJ Qualls looked like he was doing everything in his power to not succeed. If you don't want to somehow get decapitated by a link of chain maybe kill the deaf guy with your crossbow when you're standing 20 feet directly behind him instead of running up, scratching his back, and then running away.

I know it's a TV show but Christ, there had to be a better way to handle that scene.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're way overthinking it. He's a fucking cossack. Gotta do it with style, or not at all.

The fact that NOBODY is a bulletproof badass is one of the reasons why the show is awesome. The idea that random shit just happens is one of the reasons why the show is awesome.

If you want predictable baddassery, may I suggest Arrow or something?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't the deaf dude handcuffed to Nikki the same hitman in Season One?

Yes. That's Mr. Wrench, the deaf assassin from season one (his partner was Mr. Numbers). Also, Mr. Wrench made an implied appearance in season 2 when Hanzee broke up a fight between some bullies and a deaf kid and his friend (young Mr. Wrench and Mr. Numbers). So Mr. Wrench is the only character to appear in every season so far

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're way overthinking it. He's a fucking cossack. Gotta do it with style, or not at all.

The fact that NOBODY is a bulletproof badass is one of the reasons why the show is awesome. The idea that random shit just happens is one of the reasons why the show is awesome.

If you want predictable baddassery, may I suggest Arrow or something?

Eh, maybe. The Russian is pretty much arrow-proof and hatchet-proof at this point. Actually felt the girl and the deaf guy getting away due to incompetence was a bit predictable. Would have been more like Fargo to just have the arrow hit the Russian in the head and that be it IMO. Sort or reminiscent to the piece of glass from a frame somehow lodging right in a guy's jugular.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort or reminiscent to the piece of glass from a frame somehow lodging right in a guy's jugular.

That's how jaded we are to how violence actually works, when it's shown realistically, we think it's weird.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure.

The bartender never batted an eye with all these people coming in covered in blood. This could just be "movie magic", but it might also be a clue.

Ray Wise asked her where she was, and when she said a bowling alley, he laughed and said "is that what you see?". That hinted that each "spirit" was in a different surrounding.

He told her the story of all the dead Russians whose souls were lost, hinting that her sound was lost.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that she is, in fact, dead.
There is no way she's dead. You're reading way to into it if you think she is. She is the one that's fucking with Stussy now. The one we should be questioning on whether he is dead or not is Yuri. I think he is, but I think his fate will be revisited in a following episode. I read a recap, and in the opening scene, the German detective was blaming a the murder of a helga albrecht on someone who clearly didn't do it. I think we are about to find out what happened in the past to helga and yuri.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome episode this week. The two scenes in the interrogation room, first with him mainly talking and her listening them flipping it at the end. Plus the bar scene with the two women. Just great.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome episode this week. The two scenes in the interrogation room, first with him mainly talking and her listening them flipping it at the end. Plus the bar scene with the two women. Just great.

There was something incredibly sexy about Nikki showing control. MEW is a smokeshow

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you want predictable baddassery may I suggest Arrow or something?

Or if you really wanna get into some serious suspension of belief badassery. There's always No Country For Old Man you can watch.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or if you really wanna get into some serious suspension of belief badassery. There's always No Country For Old Man you can watch.

Heh. Nice. Yep, he's not even human!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Nice. Yep, he's not even human!

Heh.

Speaking of Fargo. I gotta say, I wasn't feeling Fargo this year so I quit watching weekly and let it build up a little bit so I could binge. I'm glad I did. This season has been outstanding. Close to to as good as the first season.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh.

Speaking of Fargo. I gotta say, I wasn't feeling Fargo this year so I quit watching weekly and let it build up a little bit so I could binge. I'm glad I did. This season has been outstanding. Close to to as good as the first season.

Yeah, I liked it too. Kinda' groovin on some of the locations this year, again, in my neighborhood. An elementary school just down the street was the externals of the police station. Good ol' 60's concrete with weird shapes.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I liked it too. Kinda' groovin on some of the locations this year, again, in my neighborhood. An elementary school just down the street was the externals of the police station. Good ol' 60's concrete with weird shapes.

Cool. That tiny as shit on the outside/bigger than fuckin shit on the inside and possibly Judgement Day place bowling alley I thought was pretty cool.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehrmantrout is a kick-ass character. There is just something about that name that leads to awesome tv characters.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOOOOOOOO! Not Swango! Damn it. I wanted more Swango and Wrench. Plus, Winstead looked so damn hot with that shotgun