• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy options to avoid in the first 5 rounds

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty cool. I only read the "in depth" on those type five, and outside of Cooper, they made the same explanations I would as to why those dudes are still worth the high draft picks regardless of format. And ya never know for Coop. Coming from Oak with a gun shy QB, going to Dall with more if a slinger, its obvious to see why both his overall production and consistency went up a bit, but now with a full off season to work together, maybe he's able to improve both, especially the consistency by a substantial margin? Or, maybe he's just that kind of guy who just isnt gonna be a week to week stud. hopefully the bad weeks level out to the point where you don't feel you've gotta bench the guy and miss the blow ups

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy I'm surprised to see on the most consistent list was Julio Jones. I owned him a couple times and I would definitely not describe him as consistent. 200+ yards one game, 50 the next.
He was much better last year than he had been the previous 2-3 years. I think the threat posed by Calvin Ridley finally gave him something he hasn't had since Roddy White left.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I read the rest if this I have ti comment on his immediate fail.

Author says "don't need to pick the highest scorer in the first round, just avoid #50"
Follows it up with "don't take the most sure thing WR, take the risky RBs on shit teams"
:L

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice read.
Was sad to see Ertz on there from my Suicide team. As well as Montgomery just as a fan.

Just looking at our suicide draft, I'd throw out Drake in MIA as a guy to avoid. And maybe I'm just not seeing the hype but Godwin is another guy.
Don't be sad. Writer sounds iffy at best.

Ertz is the #1 for a top offense. Not a TD machine, but so what. He can't not be top 5 at that position. Smart people don't draft TEs but if you have to, he's a rock.

As for Montgomery, please tell me you trust yourself over this asshat writer. Rookie RBs to target are the ones whose team traded up to get them. That is your Original Content!

As for Godwin, Arians is good for WRs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FP rankings

2 Zeke possible looming suspension

10 James Conner 3rd(4th?) most talented back in the Steelers backfield if you draft him you 100% need to draft Samuels as a cuff a couple rounds ahead of his ADP

12/36/37/43 Anyone on the Rams, domino effect from Gurley uncertainty and Kupp will likely be stealing targets from Woods and Cooks

32 Sony Michel Do not trust BB

None of the rookie runningbacks are top 60 yet, but by the time draft season is here i'm sure they'll be being over drafted(i'll probably be guilty of this at some point.
Samuels is whack, he's not taking that job. Offense could be worse overall, but its a solid Oline. Conner is safe floor, decent ceiling.

BB drafted Michel in the first round.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy I'm surprised to see on the most consistent list was Julio Jones. I owned him a couple times and I would definitely not describe him as consistent. 200+ yards one game, 50 the next.
All that matters about Julio is in the championship game he scored 30 points less than Antonio Brown and I lost my ship by 28.:gaah:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Steelers are avoids for me. Losing Antonio brown, no lev bell and another year closer to retirement for Big Ben.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, but he consistently doesn't catch touchdowns.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Steelers are avoids for me. Losing Antonio brown, no lev bell and another year closer to retirement for Big Ben.

No Lev Bell.... didn't have Bell last yr when they managed to pump out a top QB, 2 top WRs, and a top RB.
Will there be a slow down? Probably, but not as harsh as avoiding them altogether. I'd gladly take juju over antonio in any format this yr

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Lev Bell.... didn't have Bell last yr when they managed to pump out a top QB, 2 top WRs, and a top RB.
Will there be a slow down? Probably, but not as harsh as avoiding them altogether. I'd gladly take juju over antonio in any format this yr
But Derek carr

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Point is that they are trending down. It’s weird though saying that about a QB who had his best statistical season of his career last year. But old qbs don’t tend to put two monsters together in a row. So you have to expect he will regress. And losing brown is huge. And has to hurt the offense.

Conner was the beneficiary of a FU Bell mentality and probably helped him out some. Not to mention new player minimal game tape. And even with all that he folded at the end of the season. Even if you want to put that all on injury. That does not look good.

ADP is drafting Steelers like they always have. But I just don’t see there being as much talent this year. And I don’t know whether juju can take the step to being the teams #1.

And Conner only played 13 games last season with only 5 weeks of 100 or better scrimmage yards.

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he can find and reattach his nutsack, Carr sucks taint
Lol I’m so torn on him. I feel like he is really a top tier qb. Then in the next breath I feel like I’d rather have case keenum

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is that they are trending down. It’s weird though saying that about a QB who had his best statistical season of his career last year. But old qbs don’t tend to put two monsters together in a row. So you have to expect he will regress. And losing brown is huge. And has to hurt the offense.

Conner was the beneficiary of a FU Bell mentality and probably helped him out some. Not to mention new player minimal game tape. And even with all that he folded at the end of the season. Even if you want to put that all on injury. That does not look good.

ADP is drafting Steelers like they always have. But I just don’t see there being as much talent this year. And I don’t know whether juju can take the step to being the teams #1.

And Conner only played 13 games last season with only 5 weeks of 100 or better scrimmage yards.
You make some good points, but Ben will feed Juju.

Also Conner could get better with a year of starting experience under his belt.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make some good points, but Ben will feed Juju.

Also Conner could get better with a year of starting experience under his belt.

I don’t disagree. Just pointing out that there are some major question marks about both. And yet they are both first round picks?? I just don’t feel safe with either and am even less sure if their ceilings are even that high.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree. Just pointing out that there are some major question marks about both. And yet they are both first round picks?? I just don’t feel safe with either and am even less sure if their ceilings are even that high.
Both solid early 2nd rounders to me.

Juju could come in at WR5 and still be way behind what Antonio used to do.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be..the ability is there, but something is missing

hes a bad deep ball guy isnt he?

his rookie year was pretty good and then 2015/2016 were great then 2 duds