• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy options to avoid in the first 5 rounds

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree. Just pointing out that there are some major question marks about both. And yet they are both first round picks?? I just don’t feel safe with either and am even less sure if their ceilings are even that high.

I always feel safe taking the skill players from the team with the best OL in the league.

They made an old DeAngelo Williams an RB1 for a season, Conner is better than a 32yr old DWill

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always feel safe taking the skill players from the team with the best OL in the league.

They made an old DeAngelo Williams an RB1 for a season, Conner is better than a 32yr old DWill

i agree about offensive line... most under-rated factor in fantasy football... but here is the thing, offensive lines can be very inconsistent... Oakland was SUPPOSED to have one of the best offensive lines in football last year...

so the question is, WILL THEY BE ELITE THIS SEASON??

and the steelers O-line is getting up there in age, just like their QB

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree about offensive line... most under-rated factor in fantasy football... but here is the thing, offensive lines can be very inconsistent... Oakland was SUPPOSED to have one of the best offensive lines in football last year...

so the question is, WILL THEY BE ELITE THIS SEASON??

and the steelers O-line is getting up there in age, just like their QB
Curious how u feel about the chiefs. They lost kareem Hunt, and as of now have lost tyreek hill. THe qb is much much younger. But unless hes the next marino,and he might be, theres gonna be a decent regression this yeaer

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious how u feel about the chiefs. They lost kareem Hunt, and as of now have lost tyreek hill. THe qb is much much younger. But unless hes the next marino,and he might be, theres gonna be a decent regression this yeaer
If I trust my own research, the KC offense has the hardest defensive schedule this season. Then there's the observations you made as well.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I definitely think they are up for regression... But fantasy wise, only Mahomes is being over-drafted... and you can easily defend him still being QB#1... bad defense, always helps...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is anyone crazy enough to take any of em in the first five rounds?

Coleman went in the seventh in our suicide,,granted different format and his injury history plays a part, but also granted..we're virtually all RB hoarders
Well I felt good taking him there and Brieda is already dinged up. I guess I could look but when did McKinnon go? And when did @The Foot ...............oops, I mean who took him?

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb is only gonna get better and better imo, no way am I passing on him early on if there aren’t solid RB1’s left on the board.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I felt good taking him there and Brieda is already dinged up. I guess I could look but when did McKinnon go? And when did @The Foot ...............oops, I mean who took him?
I got him later I think Sam

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got him later I think Sam
I just checked. 10th round. If he comes back 100% healthy that's prolly better than my Coleman in the 7th. I just felt Coleman has done a bit better a bit longer.................but he didn't set the world on fire last year when given the chance so we'll see.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just checked. 10th round. If he comes back 100% healthy that's prolly better than my Coleman in the 7th. I just felt Coleman has done a bit better a bit longer.................but he didn't set the world on fire last year when given the chance so we'll see.
Well for me I think Coleman is the safer bet but I have always been a fan of McKinnon so I was more inclined to take the risk with him.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for me I think Coleman is the safer bet but I have always been a fan of McKinnon so I was more inclined to take the risk with him.

Sigh...I'm with ya on this one; I've always been blown away by McKinnon's speed. But dangit, he's gotta actually do something sooner or later. :noidea::noidea::noidea:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh...I'm with ya on this one; I've always been blown away by McKinnon's speed. But dangit, he's gotta actually do something sooner or later. :noidea::noidea::noidea:
Agreed.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's Gurley's health right now? He clearly wasn't himself during the play offs last year

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's Gurley's health right now? He clearly wasn't himself during the play offs last year
I'm actually putting a timeline together of Gurley since the knee issue surfaced.
He actually played well against the Cowboys. Not so much against the saints. But those were his first 2 games in nearly 6 weeks. Players (no matter how elite) aren't always conditioned for those kind of lengthy layovers.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb is only gonna get better and better imo, no way am I passing on him early on if there aren’t solid RB1’s left on the board.
is he? how about when kareem hunt comes back and hes a a giant question mark for the playoffs?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is he? how about when kareem hunt comes back and hes a a giant question mark for the playoffs?
Hunt wasn't exactly a sure thing coming out. He may very well be the product of the Reid offense, and not a great back, just a good complimentary one. Maybe he doesn't fit the Browns system as well and is nothing more than change of pace. Its entirely possible, just as possible as he comes in and steals half of Chub's role.
Either way, I hope they eventually let Duke go elsewhere and shine

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunt wasn't exactly a sure thing coming out. He may very well be the product of the Reid offense, and not a great back, just a good complimentary one. Maybe he doesn't fit the Browns system as well and is nothing more than change of pace. Its entirely possible, just as possible as he comes in and steals half of Chub's role.
Either way, I hope they eventually let Duke go elsewhere and shine
Free the Duke !!!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Hunt is just a hair bit better than Chubb but from a talent perspective I think they are basically the same tier. The argument for Chubb is that he is good enough that even if Hunt comes back that they won't want to ruin a good thing. I'd roll the dice on Chubb because I think everyone is going to have to roll the dice on their RB2 and Chubb will probably be a RB1 unless Hunt becomes a factor.

I aggree with Mahomes being a bad pick because of the nature of QB in fantasy but the 40-TD graph they use is egregious. The 5 QBs at 45+ averaged around 36 Tds in the next season. Thats probably around the regression I would expect with the 28 being closer to his floor if he stays healthy. Chiefs had lots of red zone problems with Alex Smith and he'd still be good for 25-26 Tds (rushing + passing) and Mahomes is just going to flat out take more risks than a guy like Alex Smith which leads to more fantasy rewards. I'm just not sure you can take a QB with one of your top 4 picks.