• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallup signs with the Raiders. Given my disdain for J. Meyers, I love this for him and the Raiders. Put Myers back in the slot where he belongs (and given the assumed 2 tight standard set, on the bench more often than not), and give the 'Shew some real options out there

Jakobi is better than Gallup at playing football tho. Gallup never seemed to get it going again after the injury a few years ago, looked like he was going to be a good WR too, I know I was a big fan after his 2nd season in DAL, which unfortunately has been the high watermark of his career thus far.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jakobi is better than Gallup at playing football tho. Gallup never seemed to get it going again after the injury a few years ago, looked like he was going to be a good WR too, I know I was a big fan after his 2nd season in DAL, which unfortunately has been the high watermark of his career thus far.
Seriously, Gallup sucks.

Gimme a guy like Gabe Davis over him any day. For that matter, Hunter Renfrow.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Strong is on my list for that very reason, 30rec last college season + electric athlete

and I'm a complete idiot - Justin Strong not only went to SIUC where I went my first 2 years of college, he also went to my high school :doh:

rooting HARD for this kid to make the Colts as a special teamer, was invited to their rookie camp and was one of the most athletic RBs tested this year at the combine and could be a legit KR/PR guy

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I'm a complete idiot - Justin Strong not only went to SIUC where I went my first 2 years of college, he also went to my high school :doh:

rooting HARD for this kid to make the Colts as a special teamer, was invited to their rookie camp and was one of the most athletic RBs tested this year at the combine and could be a legit KR/PR guy

another fun fact - he was one of 3 WRs to make the class 4A all-state football team in 2017.
Sam LaPorta from Highland, IL (also in my hometown area) was one of the other 2.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I simply disagree wholeheartedly. Myers sucks

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WR15 through 6 weeks with JimmyG slinging it.
disappeared when Aiden "can't get thru my progressions" O'Connell took over

Meyers will outperform Gallup next year

wanna do an avi bet?

Mark Davis Sport GIF by UFC

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR15 through 6 weeks with JimmyG slinging it.
disappeared when Aiden "can't get thru my progressions" O'Connell took over

Meyers will outperform Gallup next year

wanna do an avi bet?

Mark Davis Sport GIF by UFC
Please Treff for the love of God don't do another AVI bet.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your hate for him is weird to me.

I’d love to have him as Detroits #3. Or even #2. Since I don’t think JaMo can really handle that kind of responsibility for an offense.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno.. there's nothing about his game that says anything to me other than mediocre at best.. dude is a fraud

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how they just assume they were thinking about moving up to #3 to select Drake Maye. Ever occur to anyone that they were thinking McCarthy the entire way? there was strong rumors of the GMen taking him at 5, which would've left nothing but Bo Nix at 11 for Minny.

Luckily for Chef and his VIkes, they got the best, true, NFL QB in the draft and didn't have to expend extra draft capital to do so.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how they just assume they were thinking about moving up to #3 to select Drake Maye. Ever occur to anyone that they were thinking McCarthy the entire way? there was strong rumors of the GMen taking him at 5, which would've left nothing but Bo Nix at 11 for Minny.

Luckily for Chef and his VIkes, they got the best, true, NFL QB in the draft and didn't have to expend extra draft capital to do so.
I for one buy in that they were targeting Maye. Look forward to seeing how McCarty does with the Vikings , has a good cast around him. Personally I see McCarthy on a Carr-Daniel Jones level QB.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I mean maybe they loved both but liked Maye a little more but with all the rumors swirling they could have been trading up to get JJ at 3.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one buy in that they were targeting Maye. Look forward to seeing how McCarty does with the Vikings , has a good cast around him. Personally I see McCarthy on a Carr-Daniel Jones level QB.
I'm not a fan either. I think the same stuff was being talked about when Daniel Jones was drafted. Very accurate and athletic. The Giants really never put weapons around him like they have in Minny now so that could help JJ from the start. Ultimately, he will decide how far Minny goes though. I just don't think his ceiling is very high but I think he can be a decent starter.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how they just assume they were thinking about moving up to #3 to select Drake Maye.
Have not heard any rumors of the Vikings trying to trade with the Cardinals or Chargers.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not heard any rumors of the Vikings trying to trade with the Cardinals or Chargers.
True, yet neither of them had any serious rumors of being targets of any team wanting to move up. The closer it got, the more it zeroed in on NE as the only viable option to get into the top 5.

I think they had JJ targeted from jump.
And he's infinitely better than Danny Dimes, as a prospect coming out. That dude was accurate and mobile, but wasn't a D reader, a work through progressions, get ball out on timing patterns, type of prospect. Much more of a hybrid than a proto-typical pocket passer.

Derrick Carr is not a bad comparison at all, just gotta hope he's got more to his outside game than Carr ever wanted to show. Personally I think he's a Kirk Cousins clone

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to touch quickly on the Gallup/Myers discussion since I wanted to comment, but more or less just got busy and blew it off -

Yes Myers is a perfectly capable WR, especially as a #3/slot type guy. His game is not suited to be an outside WR. And i think Smitty is dead on correct, he would be a great fit in Detroit playing 4th fiddle to Sun God and Williams with LaPorta, an excellent replacement for Josh Reynolds, as they are essentially the same exact dude.
Gallup fits the team needs more as an outside WR, and sure, when they do go 3 wide, it'll be great to have an above average slot WR to bring out and go 3 wide.

And as far as FPTs go, with the Shew at QB, or O'Connell if he somehow gets inserted, there's not going to be enough balls beyond Adams and the two TE's to even register on the scale for either of them so it's pretty irrelevant.

Form a pure real football standpoint, what a team needs vs what it appears to be being built for, Gallup is simply a better fit for Vegas than Myers in what I assume their base set to be. Or even if their base set is 3 wide, it's still better to have Adams/Gallup/Myers than Adams/Myers/random slot or rookie TE playing slot

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

those two teams weren't moving out of their spots, pretty sure I saw something a while back that they weren't entertaining offers for 1.4 or 1.5.
Could have just been efforts to drive up the price tag, but they had glaring needs at WR and OT, and took the top options from this year's crop at those positions

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those two teams weren't moving out of their spots, pretty sure I saw something a while back that they weren't entertaining offers for 1.4 or 1.5.
Could have just been efforts to drive up the price tag, but they had glaring needs at WR and OT, and took the top options from this year's crop at those positions
Didn't you have the Cards trading out in the NFL draft game? :puzzled: