• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they can certainly prove that he was recklessly endangering the lives of others, and that is worthy of a suspension. Not entirely different than waiving a loaded gun in a crowded room, which he'd also probably get suspended for.

There isn't gonna be a whole lot that will come out if this, suspension wise, but it won't be nothing

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This video should be enough I think.

2 people driving like idiots, would have to prove that they were actually racing, which would require one of them to snitch, and again, good luck there. Most major cities have real drag racing issues and lots of new laws to go after those folks, but it's gonna be a stretch to apply in this situation.

If a buddy gives me the keys to their Vette and they jump in a Lambo and were both in our early 20s.... yeah, we'll be making good time whilst making bad choices, it happens. No major injuries or any major laws being broken, no major punishment.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is interesting...

The Texans removed the final three years of Stefon Diggs’ current contract, making him eligible for free agency after 2024.

In what is one of the more interesting moves we’ve seen by a team in recent memory, the Texans not only removed the final three years of Diggs’ contract, but took the $3.5 million he was guaranteed for 2025 and added it to his 2024 pay, giving him $22.52 million in guaranteed money this season. Diggs, 30, was under contract through the 2027 season, but will now get to play for the Texans on what’s essentially a one-year deal. Diggs now has a chance to play his way into a lucrative new contract this season, although it will be interesting to see what kind of offer could fetch ahead of what would be his age-31 season.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Texans removed the final three years of Stefon Diggs’ current contract, making him eligible for free agency after 2024.

In what is one of the more interesting moves we’ve seen by a team in recent memory, the Texans not only removed the final three years of Diggs’ contract, but took the $3.5 million he was guaranteed for 2025 and added it to his 2024 pay, giving him $22.52 million in guaranteed money this season. Diggs, 30, was under contract through the 2027 season, but will now get to play for the Texans on what’s essentially a one-year deal. Diggs now has a chance to play his way into a lucrative new contract this season, although it will be interesting to see what kind of offer could fetch ahead of what would be his age-31 season.

Best way to get the most out of these overly emotional but talented WRs, contact year bump on the way, he's gonna play hungry for the last time in his career

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I honestly think this Diggs move might end up being the most fascinating thing to watch this season. If his head is right, he could make them good enough to compete with the Chiefs and make a Super Bowl run. He could also blow up the team chemistry completely by week 8, cause a lot of infighting, and make them miss the playoffs. Either thing is completely possible. I think cutting the last three years was just as much to motivate him to be option A as it is an out for them if it's option B.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I honestly think this Diggs move might end up being the most fascinating thing to watch this season. If his head is right, he could make them good enough to compete with the Chiefs and make a Super Bowl run. He could also blow up the team chemistry completely by week 8, cause a lot of infighting, and make them miss the playoffs. Either thing is completely possible. I think cutting the last three years was just as much to motivate him to be option A as it is an out for them if it's option B.
Personally I think them signing Mixon will have a bigger affect on the overall offense than the Digg's trade. Pretty sure Nico, Tank, Brown, Schultz all proved that they can get the job done down the field just fine once Stroud proved he was the real deal, the only thing they didn't have was a reliable rushing game. Diggs doesn't change that equation in the slightest. Is he an upgrade outside the numbers, yeah, I guess, but nothing like going from Pierce/Singletary to what Mixon SHOULD bring to the table.
Spending an insane amount rebuilding the Defense is what'll really make the difference in challenging for the playoffs/Super Bowl

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking Rice gets hit with a fine from the shield and maybe 2 game suspension at most. Wouldn't be surprised to see him dodge the suspension altogether. Getting in a car accident isn't an offense worthy of suspension, players union would roast the league in appeals
Even if he was street racing, it is still just speeding essentially and we see it every year. A young kid going 120 in a 45. I doubt he gets an punishment from Goodell.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said, I think overall good for both teams. Houston has money and they have a QB on a rookie contract. KC did it with Mahomes, you can take these risks and spend. Houston did that this offseason.
Even though Buffalo has the dead cap I think they got a hell of a return an aging WR that was essentially forcing his way out. LA got a 4th for Keenan and he wasn't forcing out, he just didn't want a paycut. Dallas traded Cooper for a 5th. Good deal for BUF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are definitely a top team on paper. The AFC seemed like a dogfight last year but some teams took a step back it seems. Chargers took a step back. Bills took a step back.
The only thing that is really clear is KC with Mahomes is clearly at the top.

Texans, Bengals, Browns probably are the top dogs to compete with KC at this point, before the draft.
Teams that could be on that list are Steelers, Dolphins, Jags and Jets. Get Allen a couple stud WR's and who knows...I just think they could be a couple years away if they build right. Allen always gives them a chance.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he was street racing, it is still just speeding essentially and we see it every year. A young kid going 120 in a 45. I doubt he gets an punishment from Goodell.

I looked up TX street racing laws

1st offense is a class b misdemeanor, 2nd offense class a misdemeanor, 3rd offense becomes a state felony charge.
TX can take his car away and suspend his license for a year, possibly 180 days of jail time pending the severity, but still just a class b misdemeanor at the end of it all since its Rice's first offense in TX (I think/assume?).

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what is reckless driving resulting in personal injury/ destruction of property, and fleeing the scene of an accident resulting in injury? It ain't JUST speeding smdh

If this kid doesn't face a suspension, its a disservice to HIM

Next time someone dies

Last edited:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what is reckless driving resulting in personal injury/ destruction of property, and fleeing the scene of an accident resulting in injury? It ain't JUST speeding smdh

If this kid doesn't face a suspension, its a disservice to HIM

Next time someone dies

reckless driving is a misdemeanor

fleeing the scene is also:
1712334849442.png

Only way to get anything harsher than a fine would be other people's injuries, but I haven't seen any new details on that end yet. Literally going to get out of it just cause no one got hurt is pretty wild

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaannd now they found weed in the car, over 10 grams which is not really that much for the group of people they had but way more than the lovely state of TX wants to see on anyone.

The layers keep getting peeled back here, still just a ton of smoke that some fines for Rice and maybe a friend taking a fall for him can't brush under the rug

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's still just a misdemeanor, how many of those can you stack up until they just bring a felony charge?

Lol this story keeping things entertaining until draft day

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaannd now they found weed in the car, over 10 grams which is not really that much for the group of people they had but way more than the lovely state of TX wants to see on anyone.

The layers keep getting peeled back here, still just a ton of smoke that some fines for Rice and maybe a friend taking a fall for him can't brush under the rug
It seems little thing after little thing but it keeps adding up. What about the bag of guns they took out of the car? At least from a witness. It shouldn't matter to Goodell. Dude needs to do something or like Treff said, he won't learn his lesson.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. A third-degree felony if the accident resulted in serious bodily injury,

One woman had a laceration on the eyelid that required stitches. Is this considered "serious bodily injury?" Probably not. Yet i do know that stitches & permanent scars are looked at differently from a legal point of view.
:poke:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's still just a misdemeanor, how many of those can you stack up until they just bring a felony charge?

Lol this story keeping things entertaining until draft day

Saw this quote from a local news affiliate.

Crazy, but this is Texas.

"Per a recently obtained police report--10.8 grams of marijuana was found in the Lamborghini Rice was driving, which is a state jail felony amount in Texas," WFAA reported. "The punishment for a state jail felony in Texas is a sentence of incarceration in the state jail of 180 days to two years and a fine of not more than $10,000."

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the bag of guns they took out of the car? At least from a witness.

Not be racist but the people that took the video seemed like a bunch of crackers. Can hear them say something about "they probably stole those cars" so I'm not going to give them any credence at this stage until someone else has info about a bag of guns

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One woman had a laceration on the eyelid that required stitches. Is this considered "serious bodily injury?" Probably not. Yet i do know that stitches & permanent scars are looked at differently from a legal point of view.
:poke:
Also, one person is suing over a concussion.