• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as an insurance agent, I very rarely see anybody go to jail for leaving the scene of an accident, especially if they turned themselves in later. On the lease vehicle and his own vehicle he would have insurance that would pay for the minor injuries that occurred to the other people and all of the property damage. Since nobody died as a result of the accident I doubt he will get jail time of any kind and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he gets no penalty whatsoever from a legal standpoint or from the NFL. I tell people all the time that stupidity is a covered peril in insurance and the insurance company will be the ones that end up paying the most for all of this.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as an insurance agent, I very rarely see anybody go to jail for leaving the scene of an accident, especially if they turned themselves in later. On the lease vehicle and his own vehicle he would have insurance that would pay for the minor injuries that occurred to the other people and all of the property damage. Since nobody died as a result of the accident I doubt he will get jail time of any kind and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he gets no penalty whatsoever from a legal standpoint or from the NFL. I tell people all the time that stupidity is a covered peril in insurance and the insurance company will be the ones that end up paying the most for all of this.
It's sad. If someone dies, he is out of the NFL and in jail but no death-no penalty and the kid walks skate free. I get the no jail time but I don't agree with Goodell sitting back.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as an insurance agent, I very rarely see anybody go to jail for leaving the scene of an accident, especially if they turned themselves in later.
6 vehicles involved with injuries.
What's the insurance angle on multiple civil suits, pain & suffering?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand, he leased the Lambo with the agreement that he was the only one authorized to drive the car.

Whoever was driving it, or the Corvette, they all sauntered away from the scene without any regard of what they might've done.

You're telling me there are no legal ramifications for this?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad. If someone dies, he is out of the NFL and in jail but no death-no penalty and the kid walks skate free. I get the no jail time but I don't agree with Goodell sitting back.
This story ain't over yet.

I think there is way more stuff goin' on here.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as a fan of People's Court and Judge Mathis, you cannot bend the law for "what if."
I'm sure this aint over.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah and Co. have me fascinated this season.

Crappy RB draft. Looks like Brooks is one of two of the best.

They gonna take him in the first?

Texas RB Jonathon Brooks is visiting with the Cowboys.

Brooks, coming off an ACL tear, would make for a sensible target for Dallas, who parted ways with Tony Pollard after his disappointing 2023 campaign. Rico Dowdle is, for now, the team’s top running back. The Cowboys have reportedly been in talks with former Cowboy Ezekiel Elliott about a reunion in 2024. Brooks, 20, averaged 6.2 yards per carry on 238 carries at Texas over three seasons, scoring 15 rushing touchdowns over his final 18 games. He would be the presumed lead back for Dallas if the team takes him in the upcoming draft.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 vehicles involved with injuries.
What's the insurance angle on multiple civil suits, pain & suffering?
The worst thing the insurance company can do is cancel his policy in the future, there are no other ramifications they have.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand, he leased the Lambo with the agreement that he was the only one authorized to drive the car.

Whoever was driving it, or the Corvette, they all sauntered away from the scene without any regard of what they might've done.

You're telling me there are no legal ramifications for this?
Even if that was the case, his regular car insurance would transfer the coverage on to the rental car. The only thing that an unauthorized driver on it would do is make the rental car company not liable for any of the damage, but his regular insurance company would still be liable regardless if the car was rented in his name. I'm not saying that it makes any sense, but like I said being stupid isn't an exclusion from your insurance company being liable for your dumbass. All of this changes if there's a fatality or a major injuries. If any of those occur then you can be charged with a felony for fleeing the scene and do jail time on top of losing your license, but when there are only minor injuries none of that applies. Now don't get me wrong, one of these people once they realize he's an NFL player might all of the sudden "discover" some extra injuries they didn't have originally.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

Personal Injury Lawsuit Guide 2024

In any personal injury lawsuit, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant is liable for their injuries. This means showing that they were negligent or otherwise at fault for the accident.

Negligence is failing to exercise reasonable care under the circumstances. In other words, the defendant failed to act as a reasonable person would have in the same situation.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand, if they'd waited until after June 1st to trade him, next year's cap hit would be 8.8 mil.

That's kind of a big difference.

I read somewhere that it's the biggest cap hit for a WR in NFL history. Not sure if that's true.
But June 1 is after the draft , gotta do what ya gotta do

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But June 1 is after the draft , gotta do what ya gotta do
And in the long (or short) run, it ain't our money, so...

giphy - 2024-04-03T192016.228.gif
:pound: :pound: :pound:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only pushing 31, for a receiver, that's not too terrible. He could easily be a 1300 and 10 guy for another season or two.

The sad thing is that its obvious that his 'give a fuck' gave out last year. They still threw him 8 targets a game the second half, on their way to a 6-2 finish, he just didn't do much with them. 1 score and a high of 87 yards, most games were less than 40yards.

I just can't wrap my head around what his problem is/was, sure the team was having a crap year, but that last 8 games or so was an amazing run, you'd think a guy could get motivated during that?

I called him a diva when we traded for him (along with many)...he proved me wrong...until he proved me right.

Then he shit the bed in crunch time.

Bye

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

Personal Injury Lawsuit Guide 2024

In any personal injury lawsuit, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant is liable for their injuries. This means showing that they were negligent or otherwise at fault for the accident.

Negligence is failing to exercise reasonable care under the circumstances. In other words, the defendant failed to act as a reasonable person would have in the same situation.
Once again, still isn't going to matter, the insurance company is going to pay no matter what. As I hear every day from clients. That's what insurance is for. Of course it's the same clients that then bitch when their rates go up after the insurance company has to pay out thousands of dollars for the stupid shit they did.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking Rice gets hit with a fine from the shield and maybe 2 game suspension at most. Wouldn't be surprised to see him dodge the suspension altogether. Getting in a car accident isn't an offense worthy of suspension, players union would roast the league in appeals

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd have to prove that he was actually racing in a hearing of some kind to suspend him, good luck with that