• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An NFC executive told Fansided’s Matt Lombardo the Seahawks are still “very much in the mix” to trade for Baker Mayfield.​

Mayfield’s market “has started to intensify,” according to Lombardo, with the Browns looking to move Mayfield ahead of next week’s draft. Seattle has been the top landing spot for Mayfield, but with $15.7 million in cap space, Cleveland would need to cover part of Mayfield's salary to get a deal done. The Panthers plan to wait until after the draft before considering Mayfield or Jimmy Garoppolo trades, while the Steelers are expected to have Mayfield interest if the Browns grant his release.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An NFC executive told Fansided’s Matt Lombardo the Seahawks are still “very much in the mix” to trade for Baker Mayfield.​

Mayfield’s market “has started to intensify,” according to Lombardo, with the Browns looking to move Mayfield ahead of next week’s draft. Seattle has been the top landing spot for Mayfield, but with $15.7 million in cap space, Cleveland would need to cover part of Mayfield's salary to get a deal done. The Panthers plan to wait until after the draft before considering Mayfield or Jimmy Garoppolo trades, while the Steelers are expected to have Mayfield interest if the Browns grant his release.
Excited Hell Yeah GIF by UFC

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Baker Mayfield is unlikely to be traded before the NFL draft.​

Rapoport mentions that Carolina specifically does not want to box themselves in by trading for Mayfield, eliminating the possibility of drafting a first-round quarterback. If Carolina does indeed select a signal-caller it would essentially make Seattle the remaining suitor, which would likely further reduce the Browns' declining asking price. With Jimmy Garoppolo also available it's possible that Mayfield doesn't find a new team until the summer, potentially as an injury replacement. Alternatively, the Panthers could be preserving their quarterback need to facilitate a trade down from the sixth pick. In that scenario, Mayfield could be in Carolina shortly after the draft.

Well, which is it? Has his trade market "started to intesify" or is it post-draft?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Baker Mayfield is unlikely to be traded before the NFL draft.​

Rapoport mentions that Carolina specifically does not want to box themselves in by trading for Mayfield, eliminating the possibility of drafting a first-round quarterback. If Carolina does indeed select a signal-caller it would essentially make Seattle the remaining suitor, which would likely further reduce the Browns' declining asking price. With Jimmy Garoppolo also available it's possible that Mayfield doesn't find a new team until the summer, potentially as an injury replacement. Alternatively, the Panthers could be preserving their quarterback need to facilitate a trade down from the sixth pick. In that scenario, Mayfield could be in Carolina shortly after the draft.

Well, which is it? Has his trade market "started to intesify" or is it post-draft?
I feel pretty confident a trade will occur in day 2 or day 3 of the NFL Draft and it will depend if the specific teams interested get their targeted QB in this years draft. I think it will be for a mid-round pick and then the Browns will have to pay a portion of his salary. My prediction, Baker will not be a Brown after the NFL draft.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, in this insane NFL world, could Mayfield end up being blackballed?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, in this insane NFL world, could Mayfield end up being blackballed?
He’s not blackballed. This about cost. Teams know the Browns want/ need to move him so they are holding back to low ball the Browns and the Browns are doing their best to get value.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt call Baker blackballed. Rookie contracts are just so cheap that if you haven't proven yourself by the time a contract is up then you're a backup QB

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt call Baker blackballed. Rookie contracts are just so cheap that if you haven't proven yourself by the time a contract is up then you're a backup QB
Yep and unfortunately Baker is like right on that "line", unfortunately he was injured all last year so that looks bad and his value has taken a hit (not that it was high before). The good thing for the Browns is he has proved he can be that guy but just not consistently, some team will take a chance for a mid-round pick but I get why there has been no rush from either side.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all that is true about this rookie class, you have to believe that Mayfield is on someone's wishlist. Those teams have their poker face on.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and unfortunately Baker is like right on that "line", unfortunately he was injured all last year so that looks bad and his value has taken a hit (not that it was high before). The good thing for the Browns is he has proved he can be that guy but just not consistently, some team will take a chance for a mid-round pick but I get why there has been no rush from either side.
Will some team take that chance? Is he above the line Trubisky, Mariota, and Darnold were all on?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will some team take that chance? Is he above the line Trubisky, Mariota, and Darnold were all on?
Yeah I do believe he is above those guys' lines but it's closer than some may believe

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Aaron Nagler of CheeseheadTV reports the Packers are targeting Darren Waller in a trade with the Raiders.​

Take this with a gigantic grain of salt, but Nagler has been covering the Packers for a very long time. Waller turns 30 in September and has two years left on his contract, ........
.......Flipping Waller to a starved-for-pass-catchers team like Green Bay in exchange for a high pick would make some sense."

Works great for me. Deal a 30 something TE whose game is %100 based on speed, for a #1? I'd laugh my ass all the way to the bank. Deal him for a #2? I might not laugh, but I'd still be happy

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Aaron Nagler of CheeseheadTV reports the Packers are targeting Darren Waller in a trade with the Raiders.​

Take this with a gigantic grain of salt, but Nagler has been covering the Packers for a very long time. Waller turns 30 in September and has two years left on his contract, ........
.......Flipping Waller to a starved-for-pass-catchers team like Green Bay in exchange for a high pick would make some sense."

Works great for me. Deal a 30 something TE whose game is %100 based on speed, for a #1? I'd laugh my ass all the way to the bank. Deal him for a #2? I might not laugh, but I'd still be happy
They have Moreau. This is the time to deal him when his value is high

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be worse, he could be Jordan Love who it's possible never plays a meaningful snap before a team has to decide on his 5th year option.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melvin staying in DEN to split fantasy pts with Javonte, boo. Wanted to see this kid unleashed, hope he gets the bulk of the work from MG3 but I don't think they brought him back for nothing

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melvin staying in DEN to split fantasy pts with Javonte, boo. Wanted to see this kid unleashed, hope he gets the bulk of the work from MG3 but I don't think they brought him back for nothing
Well likely Broncos would of brought/ drafted another RB any how. Javonte should end up being the workhorse with Gordon giving him breathers and injury insurance.