• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Giants coach Brian Daboll said he's gone back and watched a lot of pre-2021 film on Kenny Golladay and Kadarius Toney to figure how to best utilize the receivers.
Golladay's first season with the Giants was a failure no matter how we look at it. He missed three games to injuries and caught just 37-of-76 targets for 521 scoreless yards, averaging a career-low 14.1 yards per catch. Toney had an electric 10-189 game against Dallas in Week 5 but would end up missing six of the final seven games to injury. OC Jason Garrett never really seemed to have a grasp of how to run a playmaking offense

Granted, Garret was no success in NY, but his offenses in Dallas were perfectly fine at making big plays when he had real QB's to use.. He had a top 10 offense for ten years straight in bigD.
He's no great HC, but give him a QB as an OC, and he can make offense happen. Golladay's issues are centered around Danny Dimes, and Dabol isn't fixing that

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Giants coach Brian Daboll said he's gone back and watched a lot of pre-2021 film on Kenny Golladay and Kadarius Toney to figure how to best utilize the receivers.
Golladay's first season with the Giants was a failure no matter how we look at it. He missed three games to injuries and caught just 37-of-76 targets for 521 scoreless yards, averaging a career-low 14.1 yards per catch. Toney had an electric 10-189 game against Dallas in Week 5 but would end up missing six of the final seven games to injury. OC Jason Garrett never really seemed to have a grasp of how to run a playmaking offense

Granted, Garret was no success in NY, but his offenses in Dallas were perfectly fine at making big plays when he had real QB's to use.. He had a top 10 offense for ten years straight in bigD.
He's no great HC, but give him a QB as an OC, and he can make offense happen. Golladay's issues are centered around Danny Dimes, and Dabol isn't fixing that
Not looking great for Golladay with Daniel Jones. Glad they replaced Glennon as he was much worse then Jones, but don't think Taylor really helps Golladay any either.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Arians retires, DC Bowles takes over..

We all know Arians called the plays and lef the league in deep balls..now what?? Will a defensive HC change that up?

Does Brady take a ding his final year? Evans, Godwin? Lenny take a step up??

The crazy offseason continues

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Arians retires, DC Bowles takes over..

We all know Arians called the plays and lef the league in deep balls..now what?? Will a defensive HC change that up?

Does Brady take a ding his final year? Evans, Godwin? Lenny take a step up??

The crazy offseason continues
I think he lets Brady and Leftwich deal with the offense.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, I highly doubt a rookie, defensive minded HC, allows the game plan to be 42 pass attempts a game, Brady or no.
Nevermind..he's not a rookie HC..DOH..he led the Jets to plenty of bad finishes.

Not too comparable since he was dealing with Fitzpatrick and Darnold at QB most of the time...BUT...even losing most of their games, they weren't throwing 40 times a game

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind..he's not a rookie HC..DOH..he led the Jets to plenty of bad finishes.

Not too comparable since he was dealing with Fitzpatrick and Darnold at QB most of the time...BUT...even losing most of their games, they weren't throwing 40 times a game

Fitzy took them to 10-6 under 562 PA in 2015

So, 35 per game. I highly doubt he shows up Brady. I think 40 is well within reach.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzy took them to 10-6 under 562 PA in 2015

So, 35 per game. I highly doubt he shows up Brady. I think 40 is well within reach.
I mean, your probably right..it would certainly be in his best interests to just let Brady and Lefty handle that half of the plan, but, there's always philosophical changes with new HC's, and even minor ones can be a big difference in stat lines.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love or hate him, Brady has shown he has an intelligent knowledge of the game. He can probably run the offense on his own.
I have zero doubts he can...but within the HC's overall system is the key. No head coach, not even those who coached Peyton Manning, give the OC, let alone the QB, total free reign to do whatever they want offensively. The defensive and offensive gameplans have to marry for a team to consistently succeed, so the HC is going to have say in how the offense is run..even if it's just vague parameters with a lot of lattitude

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero doubts he can...but within the HC's overall system is the key. No head coach, not even those who coached Peyton Manning, give the OC, let alone the QB, total free reign to do whatever they want offensively. The defensive and offensive gameplans have to marry for a team to consistently succeed, so the HC is going to have say in how the offense is run..even if it's just vague parameters with a lot of lattitude
I understand that. And I agree.
But the conversation was steering toward whether the difference between Arians' and Bowles' schematic philosophies would affect the offensive product. (At least, that was my interpretation.) The gameplan may be the gameplan, but ultimately Brady has the smarts to audible out of it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that. And I agree.
But the conversation was steering toward whether the difference between Arians' and Bowles' schematic philosophies would affect the offensive product. (At least, that was my interpretation.) The gameplan may be the gameplan, but ultimately Brady has the smarts to audible out of it.
oh sure, any given play, Brady can audible to whatever he wants, I have no debuts that'll remain in place. But is the philosophy of pushing the ball down the field going to be cut a bit? will yards per attempt go down? will attempts go down?
I mean jsut going from 42+ attempts a game to 37 attempts a game (-5), that's only 85 attempts less..doesn't seem like a tone, but maintaining his Y/A from last year of 7.4, that's 629 yards less...and if Y/A slips due to a slightly more conservative overall gameplan., he's losing even more.

719 last year, 5316 yards.
IF..big IF..but a very realistic IF--assuming just 5 less attempts a game and a very modest slip from 7.4 y/a to 7.2 due to a slightly more conservative gameplan-
634 attempts, 4565 yards

And then there's the play calling at the goaline..where a coach may not give the QB as much latitude. He may want to play safe and pound it in more often. I dunno. I'm not saying he will, just saying that the possibility certainly exists, so it has to be considered. TD's may very well take a ding as well.

That takes him from i n the conversation for possible overall QB1 to the middling group of dudes behind the elite QB's. And which receivers take the potential brunt of that 800 yard loss and those fewer TD's??

Again, not saying it WILL, just saying that to not consider it as a possibility seems foolhardy to me. Especially considering we all know that Arians, not Leftwich, nor Brady, were designing those game plans.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh sure, any given play, Brady can audible to whatever he wants, I have no debuts that'll remain in place. But is the philosophy of pushing the ball down the field going to be cut a bit? will yards per attempt go down? will attempts go down?
I mean jsut going from 42+ attempts a game to 37 attempts a game (-5), that's only 85 attempts less..doesn't seem like a tone, but maintaining his Y/A from last year of 7.4, that's 629 yards less...and if Y/A slips due to a slightly more conservative overall gameplan., he's losing even more.

719 last year, 5316 yards.
IF..big IF..but a very realistic IF--assuming just 5 less attempts a game and a very modest slip from 7.4 y/a to 7.2 due to a slightly more conservative gameplan-
634 attempts, 4565 yards

And then there's the play calling at the goaline..where a coach may not give the QB as much latitude. He may want to play safe and pound it in more often. I dunno. I'm not saying he will, just saying that the possibility certainly exists, so it has to be considered. TD's may very well take a ding as well.

That takes him from i n the conversation for possible overall QB1 to the middling group of dudes behind the elite QB's. And which receivers take the potential brunt of that 800 yard loss and those fewer TD's??

Again, not saying it WILL, just saying that to not consider it as a possibility seems foolhardy to me. Especially considering we all know that Arians, not Leftwich, nor Brady, were designing those game plans.
Retiring/unretiring by itself disrupts continuity, and a new HC doesn't help. And I think some of the killer instinct has worn off.

I expect Brady to be good, but not leading the league in every stat like he did last year.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose.
But in some respects I don't see any coach coming in with the mentality that they are more accomplished or have more experience winning than Brady. Tough business to pride aside, but it has happened.

I expect Brady to be good, but not leading the league in every stat like he did last year.
Here too, the question of longevity comes into play. How long can Brady keep it up? No one knows when the "age" dropoff is due to occur.
When I calculated the defensive opponents for 2022, Tampa does have the 6th-toughest defensive schedule. Just saying.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Brady is coming back to play ground and pound and lean on the defense.

He won’t be last year’s Brady most likely, but two years ago is easily doable. I assume the team would prefer final results from two years ago too.

4600 YDS, 40 TD and 12 INT

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Brady is coming back to play ground and pound and lean on the defense.

He won’t be last year’s Brady most likely, but two years ago is easily doable. I assume the team would prefer final results from two years ago too.

4600 YDS, 40 TD and 12 INT
Haha, well I would hope that would be an acceptable

Although to get there, technically...Y/A would have to increase to 4.6 from 4 4

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only George Steinbrenner wasn't an Ohio State Alumni and pulled dirty tricks to help the Buckeyes beat Michigan.

He signed Drew Henson to an overly large contract so that he could no longer be the QB at Michigan. That allowed some no name back up to become the starter and he beat Ohio State anyways.