• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get one keeper - 12 TM PPR

Josh Allen
DeAndre Hopkins
Joe Mixon

Only ones I considered but obviously Josh Allen is first choice by fair. Any objections?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh Allen
DeAndre Hopkins
Joe Mixon

Only ones I considered but obviously Josh Allen is first choice by fair. Any objections?
12 team, ppr??
I'm keeping Hopkins without question.

Unless there's a superflex, or other scoring that elevates the QB position..or if there's any rules that tie your keeper to a certain round draft pick, if there's no other circumstances to consider and it's just straight keeper, I always go with who would get drafted first in a regular draft. According to Fantasy Pros, in a 12 team ppr, Hopkins ADP is #16, Allen is #30

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call really. Allen has the lowest ADP but likely the safest of the bunch to go with. Still think I'd go Hopkins.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

early rumors are groin strain, out 3-4wks

I was listening to the local sportstalk on my way into work (about 4 hours ago) and Vinny was there when it happened and said it wasn't good. He said there was a loud pop. 3 to 4 weeks would be great for Baltimore considering the way they were worried about it then.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh Allen
DeAndre Hopkins
Joe Mixon

Yeah, I think DHop is the pick. I like to wait on QBs, if possible, since you can get a couple of solid options out of that 10-15 range and be fine playing matchups. And if you disagree and want the big time QB, there is a better shot of him being available than getting Hopkins back imo.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen... easily

bias alert from me: but I agree…in a vacuum, with a 2-WR (plus flex) starting roster.

Hopkins may be drafted earlier, but if it’s just a one-keeper league, might as well just cross off QB from the draft and go….unless you have to start 3-WR (plus flex)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh Allen
DeAndre Hopkins
Joe Mixon

I'd imagine if you really wanted to, which ever you keep between Hopkins and Allen, the other one will be available for you to draft again. Since Hopkins is the least likely to make it back to you, I'd pull the trigger on Hopkins as the keeper. Nothing wrong with a "QB early" strategy if you start the draft with a WR1 on your roster already.

Even though I'd go Hopkins, there's a compelling case to be made for Allen.
- returning to same system with slight upgrade on skill position (Manny Sanders > John Brown & Beasley)
- no new RB to siphon Allen's rushing upside, we know it's still a part of his game with Moss/Singletary leading the backfield (+100 att, 8 TD last yr)
- BUF is looking to capitalize on their championship window

I think statistically, there's 3 tiers of QB, and that top tier doesn't have more than 5 or 6 guys in it, so you really can't "wait on QB" if you want an elite option. The 2nd tier has about another 10-12 guys all capable of back end QB1 seasons or middling QB2 years. Odds are you're a losing team in 12 man league if you have a QB from the bottom tier as your starter. It's a heck of a lot easier to be one of the better teams in your league if you have one of those top 5-6 QBs

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't played in a keeper league so take my 2cents with a grain of salt. In a league that only allows you to keep one keeper, it seems to me it's close to a regular redraft league draft. QBs are rarely drafted round one in redraft and I value QBs higher in dynasty then redrafts because they have long careers. I don't think I'd draft a QB round one in redraft ever again ( tried it one time and what a failure).
Smoking Monkey is right in that there are only a half dozen tier one QBs, however that goes for most the positions IMO. The one thing about Hopkins that gives me pause is his stance on getting the vaccine. I think he ends up getting the vaccine but still a question mark and a risk. I'd go with Hopkins myself and cross my finger covid doesn't end up playing havoc on his season.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way smokingmonkey put it was better than the way I said it.

Both are very worthy, one has a better than average chance that you can draft again, the other has a slightly lower than average chance of you getting him in the draft.
Keep the dude with the lower odds, and try and draft the dude with the higher odds

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah this is gonna be tough now. Hopkins is a sure 1st round-early 2nd pick. Allen is a top 6 QB and that would be a relief not having to fight over a QB after a run.

I’m still leaning Allen bc he seems like a perfect fantasy QB. Hard to pass that up as much as I love having Hopkins. I’ve kept him like 3-4 years in this league

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah this is gonna be tough now. Hopkins is a sure 1st round-early 2nd pick. Allen is a top 6 QB and that would be a relief not having to fight over a QB after a run.

I’m still leaning Allen bc he seems like a perfect fantasy QB. Hard to pass that up as much as I love having Hopkins. I’ve kept him like 3-4 years in this league
Yeah I've played in one of my keepers fer 30 years..............I'd keep Hop and either draft Allen in round 2 (or 3) or try to trade him fer a draft pick.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MilkSpiller22 whats the word on jets wr’s. They paid davis, restructured crowdwer. Keelan cole had all kinda of hype and that seems to hve died down, and now moores hype is rolling. Whats that depth chart looking like.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13
This keeper league sounds like the keeper league i was in for a decade, where everyone gets to keep 1 player with no penalty (as to where he was drafted).

If that is the case with you, i would recommend keeping QB Allen.

He brings the best value that you would not be able to recoop later in the draft.

Plus, you wont have to worry about a QB and you can concentrate on drafting skill players for the 1st 10 rounds or more.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13
This keeper league sounds like the keeper league i was in for a decade, where everyone gets to keep 1 player with no penalty (as to where he was drafted).

If that is the case with you, i would recommend keeping QB Allen.

He brings the best value that you would not be able to recoop later in the draft.

Plus, you wont have to worry about a QB and you can concentrate on drafting skill players for the 1st 10 rounds or more.
Yep, you still get all your picks. It doesn't remove a pick from the round you selected the player the previous year.

Honestly, a lot of rankings have Allen at the #2 QB. So Mahomes is likely going in Round 1, maybe round 2. You could see Allen go in 2 or 3. That's my reasoning on it too.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MilkSpiller22 whats the word on jets wr’s. They paid davis, restructured crowdwer. Keelan cole had all kinda of hype and that seems to hve died down, and now moores hype is rolling. Whats that depth chart looking like.

good question... i seem to hear new things all the time... But its the jets...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know right. I feel Like crowder is the one u dont hear. So i expect him to be in heavy rotation.

they are very deep with good not great WRs...

Mims, Elijah moore, Davis, and Crowder

sure none are WR1s and wont be this season either... But Moore and Mims are promising youngsters, Davis is the big trade, and Crowder is the veteran...

Fantasy experts are ranking them Davis, Moore, Crowder, Mims... so theres that...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark INgram and Lindsay listed as co #1's on Texans first "unofficial" depth chart...wtf happened to DJ?