• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams coach Sean McVay said Matthew Stafford won't play in the preseason.

"There's zero chance you'll ever see Stafford take a snap in the preseason as long as I'm the coach," said McVay. "That will never happen.

So now, I addition to their supposed "all 3 downs" RB never appearing in the preseason, now we hear the QB..working with all new personnel, no rapport with any receivers, no idea how the oline responds to in game situations...nothing..he won't be playing a single snap either.

New QB, New RB, zero game time reps, enter a season cold..sounds like a great plan

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"There's zero chance you'll ever see Stafford take a snap in the preseason as long as I'm the coach," said McVay. "That will never happen.

So now, I addition to their supposed "all 3 downs" RB never appearing in the preseason, now we hear the QB..working with all new personnel, no rapport with any receivers, no idea how the oline responds to in game situations...nothing..he won't be playing a single snap either.

New QB, New RB, zero game time reps, enter a season cold..sounds like a great plan
As a Seahawk fan I approve of the plan. :D

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was Nagy's plan with the offense after they drafted Trubisky.
At least McVay and Stafford are better.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was Nagy's plan with the offense after they drafted Trubisky.
At least McVay and Stafford are better.
Haha, yeah..

But I get it, with a rookie..hand him the clipboard, let him learn by observation year one..if you at all can.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get one keeper - 12 TM PPR

Josh Allen
DeAndre Hopkins
Joe Mixon

Only ones I considered but obviously Josh Allen is first choice by fair. Any objections?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh Allen
DeAndre Hopkins
Joe Mixon

Only ones I considered but obviously Josh Allen is first choice by fair. Any objections?
12 team, ppr??
I'm keeping Hopkins without question.

Unless there's a superflex, or other scoring that elevates the QB position..or if there's any rules that tie your keeper to a certain round draft pick, if there's no other circumstances to consider and it's just straight keeper, I always go with who would get drafted first in a regular draft. According to Fantasy Pros, in a 12 team ppr, Hopkins ADP is #16, Allen is #30

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call really. Allen has the lowest ADP but likely the safest of the bunch to go with. Still think I'd go Hopkins.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

early rumors are groin strain, out 3-4wks

I was listening to the local sportstalk on my way into work (about 4 hours ago) and Vinny was there when it happened and said it wasn't good. He said there was a loud pop. 3 to 4 weeks would be great for Baltimore considering the way they were worried about it then.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh Allen
DeAndre Hopkins
Joe Mixon

Yeah, I think DHop is the pick. I like to wait on QBs, if possible, since you can get a couple of solid options out of that 10-15 range and be fine playing matchups. And if you disagree and want the big time QB, there is a better shot of him being available than getting Hopkins back imo.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen... easily

bias alert from me: but I agree…in a vacuum, with a 2-WR (plus flex) starting roster.

Hopkins may be drafted earlier, but if it’s just a one-keeper league, might as well just cross off QB from the draft and go….unless you have to start 3-WR (plus flex)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh Allen
DeAndre Hopkins
Joe Mixon

I'd imagine if you really wanted to, which ever you keep between Hopkins and Allen, the other one will be available for you to draft again. Since Hopkins is the least likely to make it back to you, I'd pull the trigger on Hopkins as the keeper. Nothing wrong with a "QB early" strategy if you start the draft with a WR1 on your roster already.

Even though I'd go Hopkins, there's a compelling case to be made for Allen.
- returning to same system with slight upgrade on skill position (Manny Sanders > John Brown & Beasley)
- no new RB to siphon Allen's rushing upside, we know it's still a part of his game with Moss/Singletary leading the backfield (+100 att, 8 TD last yr)
- BUF is looking to capitalize on their championship window

I think statistically, there's 3 tiers of QB, and that top tier doesn't have more than 5 or 6 guys in it, so you really can't "wait on QB" if you want an elite option. The 2nd tier has about another 10-12 guys all capable of back end QB1 seasons or middling QB2 years. Odds are you're a losing team in 12 man league if you have a QB from the bottom tier as your starter. It's a heck of a lot easier to be one of the better teams in your league if you have one of those top 5-6 QBs