• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you like it.
But some may be hesitant to follow an optimistic view for a few reasons.
  1. Cleveland does have a somewhat cursed track record. (My Bears are neck & neck so I feel your pain.)
  2. Duos are not that common.
  3. Many agree that this is a passing league so dual RB success would not be the norm.
  4. Plus, RB just dont get 20+ touches per game like they used to.
  5. Cleveland does have a lot of weapons with OBJ and Nojuko in addition to Chubb and Hunt. Even very good prolific offenses with those type of options can bite fantasy owners for a lack of consistency. Just look at KC, NE and NO where Kelce, Thomas and maybe Edelman are the focal point while everyone else gets sloppy seconds.

Yeah that's why I believe Chubb can be a definite constant on this team.

OBJ - he was injured but still...he wasn't on the same page as Baker
Hooper - new addition, don't know what to expect
Landry - he's been with Baker two years, if there is another constant he's it...but he isn't going to put up WR1 numbers.

Finally, Hunt - we have to assume he needs to part of this offense bc he is just too talented but like you said. Someone gets sloppy seconds and in most cases it's more than just one guy.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Cleveland does have a somewhat cursed track record. (My Bears are neck & neck so I feel your pain.)
  3. Many agree that this is a passing league so dual RB success would not be the norm.
  5. Cleveland does have a lot of weapons with OBJ and Nojuko in addition to Chubb and Hunt. Even very good prolific offenses with those type of options can bite fantasy owners for a lack of consistency. Just look at KC, NE and NO where Kelce, Thomas and maybe Edelman are the focal point while everyone else gets sloppy seconds.

the Landry disrespect is getting out of control!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this, this definitely puts it more into perspective and I see this is yards from scrimmage. I think that is a possiblity for Hunt if he is a big threat in the receiving game. He has the talent.

I'm surprised it's this many duos tbh.

So last year Chubb had 1,772 and in 8 games Hunt had 464. I don't see it anywhere close to that lopsided obviously.

We could see split maybe like KC '10 Charles-Jones or HOU '11 Foster-Tate.

Chubb - 1,600 rushing 300 receiving
Hunt - 500 rushing, 600 receiving

It would be difficult seeing Chubb winning the rushing title with 1,600 but who knows.
But Jones /Charles were a nearly 1/1 split in carries, with Charles getting about 2 catches per game more than Jones.

And Foster Tate in '11..gotta rember that Foster missed three games, week 1, week 3 and week 17, roughly a third of Tate's carries came in those three games, plus adding in that Foster only played a quarter of week 2 before aggravating his injury..its even more of a lopsided share when both were active for the full game. And then theres the Shanny/Kubiak running game they were operating in. I dunno what Stefanski likes to run, but outside of the Shanny/Kubiak family, no one has been able to recreate those kinda of results.

Good news though- 1650 yards would have won the rushing title 8 of the past ten years (I added 50 yards so I could sneak past a few 1616, 1606, and 1631 yard seasons)

I dunno what to expect win loss wise from the Browns. I was certainly expecting more last year, before Kitchens fucked the dog. But, theres no guarantee that Stefanski is gonna fully 180 the team. Rookie head coach, could be great, could be just as bad. So I have a real hard time going into the season expecting enough wins to allow a heavy run game. I do hope for the best for Chubb though, and I own exactly ZERO shares of him, or Hunt, for that matter in all leagues.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad you like it.
But some may be hesitant to follow an optimistic view for a few reasons.
Not mention Joe went to Njoku, not Hooper. My poor boy Njoku is gonna be an after thought more often than not

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not mention Joe went to Njoku, not Hooper. My poor boy Njoku is gonna be an after thought more often than not
Sorry. Texting off the cuff while at work. Hooper & Landry just add to my argument.
Too many weapons in real football = good!
Too many in fantasy football = angst and inconsistency.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's Baker's #1 as of right now. They are in sync. He was targeting more in 18 without OBJ (149) but still had 138 targets last year and MORE receptions and 200 more yards. If OBJ-Baker get on the same page...then we could see a drop off but expecting the targets to drop off much bc of the fact, that is Baker's go-to and has been for two years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Texting off the cuff while at work. Hooper & Landry just add to my argument.

Yeah it's better knowing who the clear #1 and #2 is for a team...like KC, we know. Hill and Kelce will be those guys now and for years to come.

Right now, it looks to be Landry and ??? Nothing is clear at this point but I think when your looking at the Browns from a fantasy perspective, Chubb has to be the clear #1. I know we were kind of talking about rushing title though...I won't put that pressure on Chubb though but he was so close last year in a topsy-turvy weird year for the Browns as a whole.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's better knowing who the clear #1 and #2 is for a team...like KC, we know. Hill and Kelce will be those guys now and for years to come.

Right now, it looks to be Landry and ??? Nothing is clear at this point but I think when your looking at the Browns from a fantasy perspective, Chubb has to be the clear #1. I know we were kind of talking about rushing title though...I won't put that pressure on Chubb though but he was so close last year in a topsy-turvy weird year for the Browns as a whole.

Football is so cyclic... For Chubb to have a better season, the Browns have to have a good passing game... and a good enough defense...

If they play from behind too much then that means more kareem hunt...

@averagejoe, how many rushing champions came from losing teams??? how about just top 5s?? if you got the time... I know you love these reasearches…. Lets say from 2010.... so this decade....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is so cyclic... For Chubb to have a better season, the Browns have to have a good passing game... and a good enough defense...

If they play from behind too much then that means more kareem hunt...

@averagejoe, how many rushing champions came from losing teams??? how about just top 5s?? if you got the time... I know you love these reasearches…. Lets say from 2010.... so this decade....

I would think more rushing champions came from winning teams but now I am curious...

2010 - Foster - 6 wins
2011 - Jones-Drew - 5 wins
2012 - AP - 10 wins
2013 - McCoy - 10 wins
2014 - Murray - 12 wins
2015 - AP - 11 wins
2016 - Zeke - 13 wins
2017 - Hunt - 10 wins
2018 - Zeke - 10 wins
2019 - Henry - 9 wins

So 80%...actually going to go back to 2000 to get a larger sample size

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2009 - CJ2K - 8 wins
2008 - AP - 10 wins
2007 - LT - 11 wins
2006 - LT - 14 wins
2005 - Alexander - 13 wins
2004 - Martin - 10 wins
2003 - Jamal Lewis - 10 wins
2002 - Ricky Williams - 9 wins
2001 - Holmes - 6 wins
2000 - Edge - 10 wins

So overall in the last 20 years only 3/20 (85%) rushing leaders were on below .500 teams.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Browns gotta win huh? Sorry Chubb...you're shit outta luck

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just busting your chops a little and helping you really emphasize that point!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the cliche that gets thrown around. Run game helps the passing game and vice versa. If i remember correctly, its more of the yin and yang.

You may need both but that doesnt mean BOTH will be dominant. A better run game usually means slim pickings for the receivers and vice versa. Its rare an NFL team is top 10 in both categories.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the cliche that gets thrown around. Run game helps the passing game and vice versa. If i remember correctly, its more of the yin and yang.

You may need both but that doesnt mean BOTH will be dominant. A better run game usually means slim pickings for the receivers and vice versa. Its rare an NFL team is top 10 in both categories.

and here is where efficiency comes into play - don't have to be top 10 in both, if you are extremely efficient in one, you have a great shot at being extremely proficient in the other

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So that brings up the next point LOL...

For the rushing leaders...how dominant was that teams' passing game as far as ranking in the NFL? This is a never-ending cycle

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the rushing leaders...how dominant was that teams' passing game as far as ranking in the NFL? This is a never-ending cycle

But like Monkey said...it's more about proficiency than anything...so I guess that isn't a huge factor?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it is cliché, but there is certainly truth to it though... you don't have to be elite at both... but it is pretty hard to be a good running team, if you don't have the pass to keep the defense off guard...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's why I just was interested in winning teams... you don't have to be elite passing team to be a good rushing team... But it is hard to be a one dimensional team and find success... unless you have an elite defense...