• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firm disagree. A strong running game usually comes from being ahead in games and running the ball to chew clock. Most teams that are successful in today's NFL don't get ahead by rushing the ball, they get ahead by passing which makes it more logical/practical to run the ball.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that rushing yards =/= winning but winning = rushing yards.
Disagree all you like, doesn't change the numbers, nor the results.

You CAN pass to get the lead..you CAN also run to get the lead..you almost always run to keep the lead, you always run to chew clock, you always run to keep the ball from the opposing offense, you always run to keep your defense fresh

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree all you like, doesn't change the numbers, nor the results.

You CAN pass to get the lead..you CAN also run to get the lead..you almost always run to keep the lead, you always run to chew clock, you always run to keep the ball from the opposing offense, you always run to keep your defense fresh

You almost always run to make your offense less efficient. Running is sub optimal the overwhelming majority of the time.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chubb could win the rushing title, but I also think that it could have as much to do with the other guys that might. Last year Kamara and Barkley were both hurt for a lot of the year. Zeke found himself on a pass first team for the first time in his career, but now the Cowboys have paid him but not Dak so I'm betting the Cowboys try to showcase Zeke more and make Dak look less valuable, but that's completely my opinion. If all of them stay healthy I think Zeke and Barkley both finish ahead of Chubb because neither has any competition for carries. And I expect at least a little bit of a decline from Henry this year.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chubb could win the rushing title, but I also think that it could have as much to do with the other guys that might. Last year Kamara and Barkley were both hurt for a lot of the year. Zeke found himself on a pass first team for the first time in his career, but now the Cowboys have paid him but not Dak so I'm betting the Cowboys try to showcase Zeke more and make Dak look less valuable, but that's completely my opinion. If all of them stay healthy I think Zeke and Barkley both finish ahead of Chubb because neither has any competition for carries. And I expect at least a little bit of a decline from Henry this year.
:agree:
McCarthy was a balanced coach when he had Favre & Rodgers. He's arguably never had a RB like Zeke. My bet is on Zeke winning the rushing title.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This but the opposite
You almost always run to make your offense less efficient. Running is sub optimal the overwhelming majority of the time.
Sorry, but I had to...that literally makes exactly zero sense, unless youre talking Manning/Brady/Brees level efficiency..and that is in no way, the overwhelming majority of the time.

If any of that had basis in reality we wouldn't hear color guys, analysts, coaches all talking about "we gotta run more", " they gotta stick to the run game" , "they can't abandon the run game", " we've gotta get more balanced"..you NEVER hear a coach say, we've gotta throw it more..and if you do, its becuase its Baltimore and thier QB is gonna get broke in half if they don't.

Last edited:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I had to...that literally makes exactly zero sense, unless youre talking Manning/Brady/Brees level efficiency..and that is in no way, the overwhelming majority of the time.

If any of that had basis in reality we wouldn't hear color guys, analysts, coaches all talking about "we gotta run more", " they gotta stick to the run game" , "they can't abandon the run game", " we've gotta get more balanced"..you NEVER hear a coach say, we've gotta throw it more..and if you do, its becuase its Baltimore and thier QB is gonna get broke in half if they don't.

It is 100% based in reality. You mentioned trusting the numbers. Passing more IS trusting the numbers.

And it is not only with good QBs. Take the Titans with Henry last year - they played the Pats in the playoffs and Henry went off while Tannehill was largely meh right? Tannehills play STILL added more expected points than Henry's did.

Or take McCaffrey - as awesome as he was last year and as bad as Kyle Allen was, the Panthers actually decreased their odds of winning (on average) when handing off to McCaffrey instead of throwing the ball.

Long story short - running is not obsolete but it is WAY less efficient and beneficial than passing.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people think if Dalvin Cook doesn't play or gets hurt, that Mattison is taking all of the carries and this guy is getting none???

upload_2020-8-15_21-57-49.png

that's like putting your dick in a jar of peanut butter

It's fucking nuts

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people think if Dalvin Cook doesn't play or gets hurt, that Mattison is taking all of the carries and this guy is getting none???

View attachment 250816

that's like putting your dick in a jar of peanut butter

It's fucking nuts

He can have a pose off with Andre Williams and Elijah Holyfield I'm taking Mattison if Cook goes down

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is 100% based in reality. You mentioned trusting the numbers. Passing more IS trusting the numbers.

And it is not only with good QBs. Take the Titans with Henry last year - they played the Pats in the playoffs and Henry went off while Tannehill was largely meh right? Tannehills play STILL added more expected points than Henry's did.

Or take McCaffrey - as awesome as he was last year and as bad as Kyle Allen was, the Panthers actually decreased their odds of winning (on average) when handing off to McCaffrey instead of throwing the ball.

Long story short - running is not obsolete but it is WAY less efficient and beneficial than passing.

Passing mostly is effective used in small doses, throw to often and bad things happen.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats just not factually accurate.

Passing...sack, incompletions, catch for negative, bigger chance of turnovers

Running..loss or gain, lesser chance of turnovers

It's that simple. Every coach, analyst, and color guy don't preach "run the ball", for no reason. You can post whatever you like, but until you get them on your side, you're full of hooey

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can have a pose off with Andre Williams and Elijah Holyfield I'm taking Mattison if Cook goes down

that split is going to be a lot more even than people think across the fantasy community.

In the event of Cook missing time, Mattison's role won't change a ton, but Boone's will. He'll become the early down back and Mattison will still be the COP back.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats just not factually accurate.

Passing...sack, incompletions, catch for negative, bigger chance of turnovers

Running..loss or gain, lesser chance of turnovers

It's that simple. Every coach, analyst, and color guy don't preach "run the ball", for no reason. You can post whatever you like, but until you get them on your side, you're full of hooey

It is factually accurate. It is literally backed up by the numbers.

Passing has slightly more risk yes - and waaayyyy more upside.

Coaches and TV analysts can say what they want. Most of them are stuck in the 1980s. It's no different than all the old school baseball guys talking about how moneyball is nonsense. And fwiw being a former player or coach means you have a lot of insight on things - how to tackle, design a play, etc. But it does not mean you know how to quantify value added plays vs non value added plays.

For A Passing League, The NFL Still Doesn’t Pass Enough

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is factually accurate. It is literally backed up by the numbers.

Passing has slightly more risk yes - and waaayyyy more upside.

Coaches and TV analysts can say what they want. Most of them are stuck in the 1980s. It's no different than all the old school baseball guys talking about how moneyball is nonsense. And fwiw being a former player or coach means you have a lot of insight on things - how to tackle, design a play, etc. But it does not mean you know how to quantify value added plays vs non value added plays.

For A Passing League, The NFL Still Doesn’t Pass Enough
You can say analysts can say what they want, and have a fair point. You cannot say coaches can say what they want. Basically youre saying you know more about how to win a football game than the penultimate few dozen who are getting paid to actually do it.

Why not say doctors can say what they want, I think a good bleeding cures everything. Or scientists can say what they want, the earth is flat.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and since when did this become about efficiency? The statement was about winning football games. Chip Kelly had perhaps the most efficient offensive gameplan in gawd knows how long. Went 28-35, and kicked back in the PAC-10.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was gonna rattle the can :trash: by saying the article admits (in so many words) teams are stuck on the run game.

But Treff poked the bear. :boink:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not say doctors can say what they want, I think a good bleeding cures everything. Or scientists can say what they want, the earth is flat.

well, this is pretty funny, since both of those things we're held in high regard during "their time" until we learned that they weren't the best way or accurate....kinda like running the football?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was gonna rattle the can :trash: by saying the article admits (in so many words) teams are stuck on the run game.

But Treff poked the bear. :boink:

well, this is pretty funny, since both of those things we're held in high regard during "their time" until we learned that they weren't the best way or accurate....kinda like running the football?

did I reverse poke the bear then?

BadSoftKissingbug-size_restricted.gif