• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's shocking news:

View attachment 250953

tenor.gif

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple 49ers WRs injured you say? Rookie WR as their 'best' right now you say? Could it be... is it finally time... can it actually happen?????

DANTE PETTIS SZN IS UPON US (but for reals this time)

giphy.gif

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG

Hunt SZN AND Pettis SZN in the same season???

My boxers can't sustain this type of flexibility.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2020-8-18_9-9-25.png

only been saying this for a couple months now, happy to see the HC is on the same page as me. Cooper will be gone in 2022, book it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 251050

only been saying this for a couple months now, happy to see the HC is on the same page as me. Cooper will be gone in 2022, book it.

well, lets see... Everyone saw the writing on the wall... But if Lamb is not anything, and if Gallup takes a big step back, they might not have a choice...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 251050

All those downfield shots on 3rd and 2 could payoff for fantasy but when the game is on the line and nursing a lead the HB dive is gold.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 251050

I was saying that back when he came out of CSU.

Doesn't really affect the reasoning behind those earlier conversations. Bottom line is, they've got Cooper signed to huge money through '24, with a potential out in '22. They drafted Lamb in the first, so they have him under control until '24 (counting the option), and very cheap, and they have Gallup through '21..also very cheap, but no option year.

So, assuming Lamb is as advertised, and even if he isnt, they drafted him in the first, he will be on the field whenever possible, but, assuming that, they have 3 #1's. Just because all of them are (probably) great, doesn't mean any one of them is going to be a fantasy stud, they might all three be WR2's/flex plays, all with potential for WR1 production any given week.

Long term, one of them has got to go, theres no way they pay all three. Not with a QB needing a contract, not with Zeke's money on the roll already, not with the continuing investment in the O-line. Not to mention, LVE, Jaylon Smith and others on the defensive side set to make major dollars as well and the defense is already in need of improvement, especially in the secondary.
Obviously Lamb isnt going anywhere for at least 3 years. A decision on Gallup will need to be made between this season and before next, as they'll have zero leverage in trade talks if hes in his final year. If they do extend him, surely they'll take the out in Cooper's deal. The worst thing they could do is let him play out his rookie contract and then he walks. Likely get a high compensatory pick, but big deal.
Its that little bit of uncertainty, plus that simple truth that theres only so many balls to go around in the passing game, plus you've gotta give Zeke 25 touches a game, that makes me hedge in his-Gallup's- dynasty/keeper value. Not his talent, the dude's a friggin stud.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was just looking over Zeke's contract, DAL is "stuck" with him for at least 3 more seasons. Not a cap expert by any mean, but if they are keeping Zeke these next few years, and his money is already guaranteed through 2021, isn't there a way that teams convert salary into guaranteed bonus money to reduce the cap hit?

the accounting side of the NFL always cracks me up, since it is constantly being negotiated, and the majority of long-term deals are really just 2-3yr contracts with 'out' clauses for the teams, even though they say 5 or 6yr deal is signed.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was just looking over Zeke's contract, DAL is "stuck" with him for at least 3 more seasons. Not a cap expert by any mean, but if they are keeping Zeke these next few years, and his money is already guaranteed through 2021, isn't there a way that teams convert salary into guaranteed bonus money to reduce the cap hit?

the accounting side of the NFL always cracks me up, since it is constantly being negotiated, and the majority of long-term deals are really just 2-3yr contracts with 'out' clauses for the teams, even though they say 5 or 6yr deal is signed.
Yeah its called kicking the can down the road. For younger proven players it makes sense but people potentially nearing the end of their productive years. It is a sound strategy as long as you dont do it too much because it creates alot of dead money when you have to cut a player.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oh sure, theres always ways to "massage" the cap. But, do you really put that kind of burden on the team to pay 3 WR's? When 2 excellent ones are plenty and you can find competent, or better, #3's for relative pennies? Especially when you could likely trade one of them for a small fortune in draft capital?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't there a way that teams convert salary into guaranteed bonus money to reduce the cap hit?

Bonus money can be prorated up to 5 years.

Zeke has 21 million in salary due over the next 2 seasons only around 19 million can be converted into bonus because the league has a minimum salary. If they decided to convert the max amount of next seasons salary into a restructure bonus.

Salary would go from 9.6 million to under 1 million
Signing/option bonus would stay the same 4.1 million
restructure assuming 5 years would be 1.9 million
cap hit reduced from 13.7m to around 7 million
dead cap increased by 7.7 million

They could do something similar in 22, but each time they do it they're increasing that dead money and making it harder to cut him with just the 21 restructure it increases dead money in 23(The current likely out)from 6.7m to 13.9m(18.1m if they did both years)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t it be something if they traded cooper. To bad they dumped all
That money in him...should keep Gallup n jeudy.
Tougher to deal Cooper with that contract, but not impossible. Probably wouldn't see as good of a return due to it either.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tougher to deal Cooper with that contract, but not impossible. Probably wouldn't see as good of a return due to it either.
Yeah , right. But man losing gallup.... coulda reinvested that cooper money

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah , right. But man losing gallup.... coulda reinvested that cooper money
NFL teams are excited to roll out their pandemic versions of themselves.
Maybe the market for Cooper is not there yet.
But when the non-preseason injuries start piling up... and when teams realize (if the Gallup & Lamb rumors are real) that Cooper's talent is 3rd on the depth chart.... I could see a WR-needy (or WR-desperate) team pull the trigger.