• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those San Francisco wide receivers just seem like guys that are going to score two touchdown in one game when they are on your bench because you had no idea whether to play them or not, and then you put that guy in your lineup and he has two catches for 23 yards the game you actually play him. I just don't see it ever being a situation that you feel confident enough to start one of those guys over anybody else unless you are really hurting at wide receiver.

Sure but when looking for depth you aim for players who potentially have opportunities. Doubt anyone would want them for starters other then Deebo prior to his injury.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Aiyuk time!

Any updates on his recovery from surgery?

It's funny how all the college football fans only like the rookie WRs that had great college QBs. Lol.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Aiyuk time!

Any updates on his recovery from surgery?

It's funny how all the college football fans only like the rookie WRs that had great college QBs. Lol.

Last I read surgery went well (insane how fast that happens these days), but that he's looking at a minimum 10-12wk rehab once he recovers and can get back on his feet. If he comes back too soon, he has like a 25% chance of breaking it again, so I imagine SF will be cautious.

PUP is still an option, but far from a certain thing.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but when looking for depth you aim for players who potentially have opportunities. Doubt anyone would want them for starters other then Deebo prior to his injury.

This^

It's not about wanting to put any of those guys in your starting lineup unless the targets are there and you're thin at WR. All about return on investment. When investment is next to nothing, worth an end of bench spot in june

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I read surgery went well (insane how fast that happens these days), but that he's looking at a minimum 10-12wk rehab once he recovers and can get back on his feet. If he comes back too soon, he has like a 25% chance of breaking it again, so I imagine SF will be cautious.

PUP is still an option, but far from a certain thing.
So by December the Niners will have both these guys back in action. Quite the talent add midseason.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by December the Niners will have both these guys back in action. Quite the talent add midseason.

in the meantime.....

giphy.gif

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This^

It's not about wanting to put any of those guys in your starting lineup unless the targets are there and you're thin at WR. All about return on investment. When investment is next to nothing, worth an end of bench spot in june

So the return on investment you're expecting for Kendrick Bourne as your WR9 in my league is . . . . . . . .

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the return on investment you're expecting for Kendrick Bourne as your WR9 in my league is . . . . . . . .

tumblr_lz7qak07II1rn95k2o1_500.gif

LOL, honestly, he might very well not even make it past cuts in that one, but you never know!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i wonder if details will emerge about what the commotion was leading up to this - not excusing the behavior, it's disgusting and this guy needs to be arrested and charged with assault.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with all the chatter about Seattle going after another WR?? WTF does a run first team need with a stud #3? They already don't use thier QB, Locket or Metcalf to anywhere near thier potential, why on earth would they need Gordon or Antonio Brown?

Baltimore too for that matter...I think the 10 times they throw a game, Andrews and Hollywood can likely handle it

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with all the chatter about Seattle going after another WR?? WTF does a run first team need with a stud #3? They already don't use thier QB, Locket or Metcalf to anywhere near thier potential, why on earth would they need Gordon or Antonio Brown?

Baltimore too for that matter...I think the 10 times they throw a game, Andrews and Hollywood can likely handle it
Off season fluff. Pay no mind.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off season fluff. Pay no mind.

yup

1) he'd have to get through any pending league suspensions for his off field behavior
2) he'd have to pass some kind of brain scan to prove he's physically capable of putting the pad on again

I don't think he'd pass either of those tests well enough to be worth the shot for any team.

But, if someone happens to be in a dynasty league with me where AB isn't rostered, please drop a useful player from your bench back into the pool to add AB!