• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.php

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB the Master

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots were fined $1.1 million and will lose their 2021 third-round pick for filming the Bengals sideline.
The Cam Newton signing was announced literally 16 minutes before this massive story. It's a news dump that will be taught in PR classes for decades. Coach Bill Belichick and owner Robert Kraft deserve all the credit in the world for the past two decades of Lombardi hoisting, but this is not the first time they have been punished for cheating. This is the most laughable, however, as they sent a few staffers to spy on the coaches of a 1-12 Bengals team. The true consequence of this inexcusable offense is further tarnish to Belichick and Kraft's legacies, not the relatively minor fine and loss of a forgettable Day 2 pick.
:suds:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys... Bill drafted and dealt with fucking GRONK. Cam will be fine.
theres no sort of comparison whatsoever between those two personalities, especially given the positions and expectations of leadership that goes along with them. A TE can be a me first showoff party animal, a QB cannot..not on a winner

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres no sort of comparison whatsoever between those two personalities, especially given the positions and expectations of leadership that goes along with them. A TE can be a me first showoff party animal, a QB cannot..not on a winner

Well I guess it's a good thing thats not Cam then cause he's sure as hell won plenty

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess it's a good thing thats not Cam then cause he's sure as hell won plenty
How many super bowls has he won again? Playoff record? 3-4? Single handedly lost his only Super Bowl (due in large part to his me first play) But yeah, an MVP, an individual honor. Whoopity friggin doo. He ain't won nothing.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man Cam will never win an MVP or lead a team to the Super Bowl acting the way he does!!!!!!!!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Cam has to prove he's healthy and all but... It's not out of the question NE just upgraded at QB from a year ago...
No doubt they improved on what was on the roster, big stretch to debate they improved on what Brady was. Cam did get benched for Kyle Allen and Will Grier last year, with ghost injury cover stories of course

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol....lead a team to the Super bowl...whew, good one..I needed that chuckle
You need to WIN a conference championship before getting to the Super Bowl. How many QBs in the history of the league have won a Super Bowl? To use that as an argument for why you think Cam is a bad leader is asinine

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to WIN a conference championship before getting to the Super Bowl. How many QBs in the history of the league have won a Super Bowl? To use that as an argument for why you think Cam is a bad leader is asinine
Naw, its just the most obvious, tangible, quantifiable thing to point to. I can point out all his antics, theatrics, and bullshit attitude throughout the years, especially when things weren't his way, but someone's always got some excuse for how that's "misinterpreted". Can't argue with zero SB wins, and three turnovers the only time you ever got there.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess BB is a shit leader too because of the way he acts in the media?

What happens behind closed doors speaks VOLUMES compared to what's said in the media. Cam's teammates have always had his back and that means more than whatever you can possibly point out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Cam has to prove he's healthy and all but... It's not out of the question NE just upgraded at QB from a year ago...

Upgraded from Stidham and Hoyer...without a doubt. Upgraded from Brady? No way, even at Brady's age.
If that defenses plays they like they did for most of the season last year they are a playoff team if Cam is healthy and even just good though. Cam has a great opportunity in NE if he can win the starting job and just stay healthy. He should see this as a blessing.

His last 3 seasons are nothing short of mediocre at best but we saw him mediocre on a Panthers team and win 11 games so I don't think that is crazy to see that happen in NE. If he completes 68% of his passes like he did in 2018 NE would be thrilled lol. Just curious to see him play in Bellichicks' system...I'm sure his system will need to some tweaking for Cam.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upgraded from Stidham and Hoyer...without a doubt. Upgraded from Brady? No way, even at Brady's age.
If that defenses plays they like they did for most of the season last year they are a playoff team if Cam is healthy and even just good though. Cam has a great opportunity in NE if he can win the starting job and just stay healthy. He should see this as a blessing.

His last 3 seasons are nothing short of mediocre at best but we saw him mediocre on a Panthers team and win 11 games so I don't think that is crazy to see that happen in NE. If he completes 68% of his passes like he did in 2018 NE would be thrilled lol. Just curious to see him play in Bellichicks' system...I'm sure his system will need to some tweaking for Cam.
Again, this is assuming McDaniels and BB won't build an offense around Cam.

BB is smart enough, imo, to realize Cam doesn't fit the traditional NE 'system'. They're gonna put Cam in the best position to succeed and that defense will still FUCK the NFCE.

This team, with Cam at the helm, is definitely a playoff team and could do more than people on this forum might be giving them the chance to.

BIG EDIT: Yes, they are upgrading at the QB position with Cam.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BB is smart enough, imo, to realize Cam doesn't fit the traditional NE 'system'. They're gonna put Cam in the best position to succeed and that defense will still FUCK the NFCE.

This team, with Cam at the helm, is definitely a playoff team and could do more than people on this forum might be giving them the chance to.

It definitely helps playing in that division as well, AFCE

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They will build an offense around him..assuming he beats Stidham and Hoyer (which honestly shouldn't even be a question..but it is). They've proven that every time they ever had to make due without Brady. I mean, hell, they installed an option offense between Weeks 2 & 3 for Brisset. I'm sure they'll tailor what they know works for thier system to Cam's strengths.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick backtrack to judging Cam by his no Super Bowls wins, and just how many other QB's don't have one..I thought, wth, I'll take a deeper look.

Firstly, let's get rid of anyone who hasn't been in the league at least 5 seasons, I mean honestly, its unrealistic to judge a QB as a total winner or not when hes still getting his feet wet on his rookie contract. And let's eliminate everyone who isnt expected to be thier team's starter. That leaves us with 13-14 QB's..the 14th being wether you assume Foles is the Bears starter or not. This gives us a much better apples to apples comparison group. I don't think its quite fair to bunch Tua, Burrows, Murray, Daniels..etc..into the same group as Cam and just say "well 25 other QB's haven't one one either", when almost 20 of them really aren't expected to be in that position yet, and Cam has ten years of opportunities over them.

Matt Ryan, lost SB
Brady, won SB
A. Rodgers, won a SB
RW, won a SB
Cousins, no SB's
Brees, won SB
Stafford, no SB
Trannyhill, no SB
Bridgewater, no SB
Big Ben, won SB
Tyrod, no SB
Rivers, no SB,
Cam, lost SB
Foles, won SB
So out of 14 starting caliber QB's, who've been in the league long enough to realistically expect them to have won one, 6 have. Of the other 8, I think its a fair assessment to say that only Ryan, Rivers, and Cam, MAYBE Stafford, could be viewed through an unbiased lenses as "winners". And Rivers has the same issues that Cam does.

So yes, I think its very fair to call out Cam as to wether or not he's won anything. Most of his "winning" contemporaries have.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many super bowls has he won again? Playoff record? 3-4? Single handedly lost his only Super Bowl (due in large part to his me first play) But yeah, an MVP, an individual honor. Whoopity friggin doo. He ain't won nothing.

He won a national championship and led a 15-1 team to the super bowl. Arguing he's not a winner is crazy.

But he likes fashion, has a go to celebration, and one time he didn't fall on a fumble so he's me first *eyeroll*