• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rumor i saw is they likely franchise henry, smarter than paying him all that money

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious..cutting Lewis leaves exactly no one in the RB room..they could've signed Tranny at anytime too with that cap space. Obviously QB is priority #1, but if the plan was QB, let Henry walk, get a rook in the draft, they wouldn't have cut Lewis

Lewis was simply not worth what he was making, for sure they'll replace him with someone way cheaper. Guess your right about resigning Tannehill, but sorts of points to considering other options like Brady maybe? As for Henry that is going to come down to how much he costs, got to think the Titans have noticed how handing out mega contracts to a RB hasn't really panned out for teams. So too sum it up, I don't think the latest cut means anything. Just another over price vet getting cut cause he isn't worth the money. Every thing is still up in the air.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis was simply not worth what he was making, for sure they'll replace him with someone way cheaper. Guess your right about resigning Tannehill, but sorts of points to considering other options like Brady maybe? As for Henry that is going to come down to how much he costs, got to think the Titans have noticed how handing out mega contracts to a RB hasn't really panned out for teams. So too sum it up, I don't think the latest cut means anything. Just another over price vet getting cut cause he isn't worth the money. Every thing is still up in the air.
Well, I take it about 180 degrees..pretty sure they get him signed

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I take it about 180 degrees..pretty sure they get him signed
Think they want to, but don't to get stuck like say the Rams or Cards. They'll want to be able to exit the contract, thus Henry will get to explore free agency to see what is available. Could very likely he does that and ends up resigning with the Titans any how. Don't think this is going to be quick.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they want to, but don't to get stuck like say the Rams or Cards. They'll want to be able to exit the contract, thus Henry will get to explore free agency to see what is available. Could very likely he does that and ends up resigning with the Titans any how. Don't think this is going to be quick.
and henry started both last year, and the year before slower, and went to work late...........and the two years prior, mehhh..............to be the top rb with no receiving chops...........and alll that money. He also has a great line

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and henry started both last year, and the year before slower, and went to work late...........and the two years prior, mehhh..............to be the top rb with no receiving chops...........and alll that money. He also has a great line
Which brings to mind Conklin, who they allowed to go to free agency rather then use their option on. Pretty sure Conklin threw a party to celebrate them allowing him to score big.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which brings to mind Conklin, who they allowed to go to free agency rather then use their option on. Pretty sure Conklin threw a party to celebrate them allowing him to score big.
yeah i cant believe they are gonna keep a rb over conklin, INSANE IMHO.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saying..dude is 90% of the offense, he ain't going anywhere

Got to give the line and Tannehill their credit that contributed to his success. I do expect them to give it the old college try and good chance they do it. However I wager a decent amount of money that they'll insist on a contract that they get out of in say 2 years. That means Henry will be shopping for something better. Not sure he will find it, but he might.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to give the line and Tannehill their credit that contributed to his success. I do expect them to give it the old college try and good chance they do it. However I wager a decent amount of money that they'll insist on a contract that they get out of in say 2 years. That means Henry will be shopping for something better. Not sure he will find it, but he might.
So in short it will be guarantees that will be the sticking point.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in short it will be guarantees that will be the sticking point.
As is the case with most NFL contracts these days. Understandably. And I give Tranny and the line thier just due..but no one else, including Lewis who is no stranger to success at this level, could do what he did behind that line, and I'm not so sure Tranny and AJ Brown do what they did without 11 dudes focused on Henry either. Its symbiotic, Henry needs a team with an offense like Vrabel's that wants to give him 25 carries, to be successful, and an offense like that, needs a dude like Henry..or two dudes like Gordon :)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As is the case with most NFL contracts these days. Understandably. And I give Tranny and the line thier just due..but no one else, including Lewis who is no stranger to success at this level, could do what he did behind that line, and I'm not so sure Tranny and AJ Brown do what they did without 11 dudes focused on Henry either. Its symbiotic, Henry needs a team with an offense like Vrabel's that wants to give him 25 carries, to be successful, and an offense like that, needs a dude like Henry..or two dudes like Gordon :)

Henry was a load last season, but the writing is on the wall for RBs in my eye's. No long term comment for RBs except for the most foolish of front offices.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are definitely drafting a day 2 or 3 scat back, imo, to fill Lewis spot. I think they go after Henry, but prob 3yr max as far as guarantees go

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBA passed! 17 games in '21, expanded playoffs, Goodell has his dictatorship of player conduct taken down at least a little notch or two, apparently THC is no longer something you can be suspended for. I gotta say, a big win win for botch sides, even if the stars and vets do take it in the ass for that one extra game.

Franchising and free agency can move ahead full steam now

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy impact of the extra reg season game... assuming wk17 becomes the championship now?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy impact of the extra reg season game... assuming wk17 becomes the championship now?
Additional team in the playoffs, and one less bye, means more to play for in wk17..for the most part. Which means there should be less "resting starters", which means FF SHOULD play thier title games in the final week (of course, I've always thought they should be on the final week, so I'm biased)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill back, expecting a Henry deal or tag to be around the corner

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill back, expecting a Henry deal or tag to be around the corner
The Tranny deal wasnt too terrible for them, little heavy in the guarantees for guy who washed out for multiple offensive systems, and may not be able to overcome what changes D coordinators come up with for Tenn. in '20.

But.. Team friendly enough that they really should be able to give Henry a good deal, and still have some left over