• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robbery for which side?
II think DJ still has plenty left, don't think the air attack system fit with him nearly as well as we thought it might. Maybe Houston's does?

I think its a fair deal, although I can't for the life of me figure out what Houston is gonna do outside the numbers, especially when Fuller misses his mandatory 4-8 games
I have a hard time trading a top 3 WR and the QBs security blanket for a talented but hurt RB. Especially when Hyde had a solid year last season

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will he though? Lead corners were often on Fitz, bracket coverages were often on Fitz, rolled coverages were still often rolled Fitz's way. Not so sure he was all that consistently facing teams best coverage efforts anyways. And now? Nuk and Fitz both out there? Kirk is gonna be the field stretcher. Which likely results in some big games, but gonna be awfully inconsistent. Not to mention, Murray needs to take a huge step forward to feed those mouths
Murray does need to take a step. That’s for sure

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time trading a top 3 WR and the QBs security blanket for a talented but hurt RB. Especially when Hyde had a solid year last season
Agreed, not a deal I would've made, at all. But I think the compensation is within the ball park of fair, especially with both Hyde and Miller being FA's. Yeah, they both did alright, but could've been better.

Wonder what @Barilko Thinks about losing Nuk though?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarwin signs for starting TE money in Dallas, Written ain't coming back, and you don't pay 9 million to a TE and not throw him the ball...get in while the getting is good

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray does need to take a step. That’s for sure

Gimmie all of that Murray stock though for fantasy next year. Mobile QB in his second year so now he's got some experience and now you give him one of the best WRs in the league? Yes, please. My gut says everyone will bid him up so his draft slot is probably gonna be too high (watch him be 3rd after Jackson and Mahomes) but if I can get him in a reasonable area, I'm all over that.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimmie all of that Murray stock though for fantasy next year. Mobile QB in his second year so now he's got some experience and now you give him one of the best WRs in the league? Yes, please. My gut says everyone will bid him up so his draft slot is probably gonna be too high (watch him be 3rd after Jackson and Mahomes) but if I can get him in a reasonable area, I'm all over that.
Sounds an awful lot like Baker Mayfield and OBJ from last year. Granted, Freddie Kitchens bears most of that blame, IMHO...but, the air raid didn't exactly impress the hell outta me either, I would advise a little caution there

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this Hopkins deal speaks volumes to me in that Kliff completely whiffed at WR in his first draft last season

3 picks - Isabella, Butler, and Johnson....and then they trade for one of the best WRs in the league

I also dont think they plan on paying Kirk now either, as Hopkins is under team control for 3 more years at $40mil

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to be a wild off season in FF that for sure.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds an awful lot like Baker Mayfield and OBJ from last year. Granted, Freddie Kitchens bears most of that blame, IMHO...but, the air raid didn't exactly impress the hell outta me either, I would advise a little caution there

I like Murray's rushing ability more than I did Mayfield's though. Now that Murray has someone to throw to, it should open up even more options for him to scramble.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Murray's rushing ability more than I did Mayfield's though. Now that Murray has someone to throw to, it should open up even more options for him to scramble.
The running scrambling ability part is true, no doubt. I think Fitz and Kirk are getting a severe raw deal with people saying he had no one to throw to though. Pretty damned capable duo IMHO, maybe not great, but certainly better than many situations around the league

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The running scrambling ability part is true, no doubt. I think Fitz and Kirk are getting a severe raw deal with people saying he had no one to throw to though. Pretty damned capable duo IMHO, maybe not great, but certainly better than many situations around the league

I mean its different coverage wise. "No one to throw to" is harsh, I agree. But old man Larry doesn't scare people anymore. D-Hop is guy you have to plan your scheme around.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round tender kicked and slapped onto Hunt - good to keep weapons around Baker, but eats away at Chubb's value in PPR formats

Not all that much IMO. Here's the first 8 game logs for Chubbs with out Hunt.

upload_2020-3-16_12-49-16.png

Last 8 game logs with Hunt.

upload_2020-3-16_12-50-24.png

These ^^^are actual game logs.
Chubbs:

first 8 games ( without Hunt)
13 targets
11 receptions

last 8 games ( with Hunt)
32 targets
25 receptions

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean its different coverage wise. "No one to throw to" is harsh, I agree. But old man Larry doesn't scare people anymore. D-Hop is guy you have to plan your scheme around.
Yes, which made me question why Isabella and his 4.31 wheels was never really even attempted to be established as a threat...which is a small part as to why the coach and his Air Raid offense didn't impress me. Could've been much more, but something wasnt there

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all that much IMO. Here's the first 8 game logs for Chubbs with out Hunt.

View attachment 235342

Last 8 game logs with Hunt.

View attachment 235343

These ^^^are actual game logs.
Chubbs:

first 8 games ( without Hunt)
13 targets
11 receptions

last 8 games ( with Hunt)
32 targets
25 receptions
Think both Chubb and Hunts values are gonna be more dependant on getting rid of Kitchens and getting a real offense going, than they will be dependant on how they fared last year. Whatever Stefanski and AVP have planned ain't gonna be what Kitchens and Monk in tried to do.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 235345

goes from an RB1 to a good RB2, 6.7 pts/gm is a nice chunk lost
I'd repeat what I said towards Harold..I'd be more looking at previous styles of offenses ran by AVP and Stefanski than I would trying to apply any of '19 numbers to what might happen going forward. I'm not in a position to look that stuff up right now, but Stefanski being an OC in Minnesota, certainly worked out well for Cook, and Cook is much more like Hunt than Chub is..but again, i m just shooting from the hip, and even if I wasnt, still doesn't mean much...he didn't have an option like Chubb, so maybe if he had, he'd have had a different offense?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill O'Brien is insane.

The Houston Chronicle's Aaron Wilson reports "friction existed" between DeAndre Hopkins and Bill O'Brien.
ESPN's Dianna Russini adds there were multiple sideline blowouts between Hopkins and O’Brien last year. This explains why the Texans accepted a below-market deal for Hopkins, who's coming off his third straight 1,000 yard season and doesn't turn 28 until June. Hopkins is owed $39.9 million over the next three years — a relative bargain at his $13.1 million AVV. The Cardinals' addition of Hopkins puts Kyler Murray in a great spot for a second-year leap.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, which made me question why Isabella and his 4.31 wheels was never really even attempted to be established as a threat...which is a small part as to why the coach and his Air Raid offense didn't impress me. Could've been much more, but something wasnt there

honestly think it was Kyler getting used to the pro level. all of the sudden he's not the best athlete on the field most days, and has to learn how to read a defense and take what's given to him vs forcing his will on the opponent.

Acquiring Hopkins is what I'd consider the Cardinals going all-in on Kliff's game plan, so we should really see what it's about this year, imo.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly think it was Kyler getting used to the pro level. all of the sudden he's not the best athlete on the field most days, and has to learn how to read a defense and take what's given to him vs forcing his will on the opponent.

Acquiring Hopkins is what I'd consider the Cardinals going all-in on Kliff's game plan, so we should really see what it's about this year, imo.

My friend is a Texas Tech graduate and HATES Kliff with a passion. This might make him change his tune a bit. ;)