• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is easy? No bell cow back in last year's Super Bowl. Eagles leading RB had 21 yards, Pacheco had 76. The year prior? Mixon had 72, Rams leading RB had 21 yards. The prior year you had the Bucs splitting carries and the leading KC rusher with 9 carries.

Of these guys trying to get paid this year (Taylor, Chubb, Jacobs, Elliott, Hunt, Cook, Barkley), how many have led their teams anywhere significant?
Only one team wins it. Brady, mahomes, and everyone else should go be a Banker lol.

This shit was already addressed anyway.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same irrelevant argument already addressed.
Its okay for a WR who can't lead their teams anywhere to get paid, to get traded for #1's, but not the RB's, because "they don't lead their team to SB's"

Name me that WR who threw and caught the pass that won his team anything.

and to directly address the question- if not for Jacobs, Chubb, and Barkely, their teams would've been bottom of the barrel cellar dwellers, all were playoff contenders up until the last week of the season, Giants even got in and beat the VIkes..thats where they were led
You have a lot more patience than me.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What RB wins anything without an O-line, or the QB to hand it to him? A RB runs through open space created by others. The league leader (with something approaching starters' touches) last year in yards after contact averaged 2.6 (Pollard). The broken tackles leader was approx 2/game (Henry).

The Giants finally got a full season out of Barkley (and he did at least sign his franchise tag). The Raiders won 6 games, the Browns 7. If you're going to call those contenders, this discussion is pointless. The Vikings had one of the luckiest seasons in history, winning 13 games with a negative point differential on the season. They thought so much of their bell cow RB that they waived him.
Their defenses fucking sucked. Ignore everything that matters and you can say no one should get paid. There were 1,643 losing players. Give the money to the owner's families instead. Holy shit.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they do..Reid has always had a strong running back, or at least always had an offense geared towards a strong running game overall. Staley, Mitchell, Westbrook, Shady, Charles. It was only after Jamaal Charles dropped off the face of the earth that KC has been unable to land a strong RB, but not for lack of trying, they didn't spend that #1 on CEH just because they didn't care about having a RB, they just picked a guy that wasn't what they thought he was.
He did.
In 2022 KC ranked 25th in rushing attempts. 20th in rushing yards.
Ranked even worse (lower) the first time they won with Mahomes.
Don't need to run to win a Super Bowl. And now every NFL team wants to copy them.

Last edited:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What RB wins anything without an O-line, or the QB to hand it to him? A RB runs through open space created by others. The league leader (with something approaching starters' touches) last year in yards after contact averaged 2.6 (Pollard). The broken tackles leader was approx 2/game (Henry).

The Giants finally got a full season out of Barkley (and he did at least sign his franchise tag). The Raiders won 6 games, the Browns 7. If you're going to call those contenders, this discussion is pointless. The Vikings had one of the luckiest seasons in history, winning 13 games with a negative point differential on the season. They thought so much of their bell cow RB that they waived him.
Well, its not me calling them contenders, the pure and simple reality is that they were one win away from making the playoffs..that's not my opinion, its reality--and they wouldn't have been anywhere near it without Jacobs..and that's counting having the NFL leading receiver on the team.

As for the Vikes, they're about to find out how much they SHOULD have cared about their RB. Maybe Cousins and Jefferson prove me wrong, highly doubtful though.

And you're right, no RB makes it without the Oline, without the QB putting the team into the right play, all that, it takes all 11...so thanks for proving the point. Why then, when it takes all 11, is the RB suddenly worthless, yet everyone else is seemingly breaking the bank? There's no rational reason for it other than, GM's are content with 'adequate' and its bullshit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Mahomes is 1-2 vs the Titans in the regular season over the last 4 seasons, so grinding it out is still a path to victory if you have the horse for it
And the Browns almost did it the same way. Game manager Baker. Run the rock and clock with Hunt and Chubb. Seems like the only way. Even the Texans got up 24 with their dynamic spread offense but eventually they will score and keep scoring it's only a matter of time.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, its not me calling them contenders, the pure and simple reality is that they were one win away from making the playoffs..that's not my opinion, its reality--and they wouldn't have been anywhere near it without Jacobs..and that's counting having the NFL leading receiver on the team.

As for the Vikes, they're about to find out how much they SHOULD have cared about their RB. Maybe Cousins and Jefferson prove me wrong, highly doubtful though.

And you're right, no RB makes it without the Oline, without the QB putting the team into the right play, all that, it takes all 11...so thanks for proving the point. Why then, when it takes all 11, is the RB suddenly worthless, yet everyone else is seemingly breaking the bank? There's no rational reason for it other than, GM's are content with 'adequate' and its bullshit.
the bears led the league in rushing last year and vikes were 27th
when u sling the ball u dont need a bell cow just somebody to keep the D honest:suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did.
Don't need to run to win a Super Bowl. And now every NFL team wants to copy them.
well when you don't have a great RB, and you have the best QB on the planet, why wouldn't you pass yer rear off? I didn't say Andy was dumb, he'll make lemonade out of lemons if that's all he has..just saying that he has always had an offense that was very RB friendly, and if he had one today, I'm sure he'd use him as such. He just doesn't, but he certainly can have one, they're out there for the taking, if he'd like to take some pressure off the QB and the D.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did.
Reid has always used the screen game as an extension of the running game. Even wr screens.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bears led the league in rushing last year and vikes were 27th
when u sling the ball u dont need a bell cow just somebody to keep the D honest:suds:
Until you run into a team that you can't sling against and get knocked out in the wild card.

I mean, we can point out specific examples in favor of our points of view all day long, and all are real and have merit, still doesn't explain this current ridiculousness no matter what way we look at it.

Da Bears led the league in rushing and sucked, not because they led the league in rushing, but because they had nothing but a running QB..defense was bad, receivers were bad, QB couldn't throw that well, RB weren't great..but the QB could run like the wind..that's not evidence that running the ball didn't work or that RB's don't hold value or that being run heavy can't win games. Raven's were #2, made the playoffs, Eagles were #5 could've won the SB.
Of the top 10 rushing teams, 6 of them were in the playoffs. We could volley back and forth all day long

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields had 175 yards rushing and one TD, in games the Bears won last year.

A bit misleading, since they only won 3 games all year, 2 of which came before they started stealing the Ravens and Eagles playbook that really unleashed Fields rushing last season.

Only game they won after opening up QB rushing attack was against Bellichek, Fields had 80 and a TD on the ground that week.

They can be twice as good as last year in the win department and still suck, why would they stop doing one of the only things that has worked?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defenses fucking sucked. Ignore everything that matters and you can say no one should get paid. There were 1,643 losing players. Give the money to the owner's families instead. Holy shit.

If you spend too much at a position that can be had cheaper, other positions suffer. Simple.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Raiders wouldn't have been close without Adams either. The combination of the top RB and WR in the league last year STILL missed the playoffs. Money not well spent apparently.

If the Vikes succeed again this year (unlikely given the statistical improbability of their season last year), there are multiple factors. The Cousins/Jefferson part is unlikely to change much, barring injuries to either. However, a rookie upgrade at WR, a full season of Hockenson, and their multiple options at RB will be in play.

RB is easier replaced for less money than the other positions without as much of a production drop off. Factor in the wear and tear and teams are reluctant to give big money extensions to even the best RBs. It's not an opinion, it's what's happening in the league. Over-committing money to the RB positions has an opportunity cost to other parts of the team (the same reason why a rookie contract QB can be a huge boost to the rest of the roster, albeit to a different level given ever-increasing QB salaries due to scarcity of starting-quality prospects).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you spend too much at a position that can be had cheaper, other positions suffer. Simple.
Every team has overpaid players because of the nature of the sport, contracts, aging, injuries. Again, you can ignore all the details and take a myopic, narrow focused view and then make stupid claims about anything.

Rushing is important in the game of football. Better runners run better than worse runners. Simple.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has overpaid players because of the nature of the sport, contracts, aging, injuries. Again, you can ignore all the details and take a myopic, narrow focused view and then make stupid claims about anything.

Rushing is important in the game of football. Better runners run better than worse runners. Simple.

But is that difference worth paying 5-10x for? That is the call GMs are making and deciding no in most cases, especially for players with a lot of carries and wear on their tread.

I'm not saying RBs aren't important, I'm saying an elite RB does not seem to result in team success often enough to get GMs to shell out the big extensions.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying RBs aren't important, I'm saying an elite RB does not seem to result in team success often enough to get GMs to shell out the big extensions.
What you are doing is making post after post about team success without once mentioning defenses. Ridiculous.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are doing is making post after post about team success without once mentioning defenses. Ridiculous.

It's included in the opportunity cost of overpaying positions that don't impact team success as much.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders wouldn't have been close without Adams either. The combination of the top RB and WR in the league last year STILL missed the playoffs. Money not well spent apparently.

If the Vikes succeed again this year (unlikely given the statistical improbability of their season last year), there are multiple factors. The Cousins/Jefferson part is unlikely to change much, barring injuries to either. However, a rookie upgrade at WR, a full season of Hockenson, and their multiple options at RB will be in play.

RB is easier replaced for less money than the other positions without as much of a production drop off. Factor in the wear and tear and teams are reluctant to give big money extensions to even the best RBs. It's not an opinion, it's what's happening in the league. Over-committing money to the RB positions has an opportunity cost to other parts of the team (the same reason why a rookie contract QB can be a huge boost to the rest of the roster, albeit to a different level given ever-increasing QB salaries due to scarcity of starting-quality prospects).
I just ain't buying the "without much of a production drop off". Same as I don't feel that those replacements are doing an "adequate job".

Game of inches, every yard matters, every inch matters, 'adequate' is not acceptable