• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would LOVE to see the Vikes do it.
I could see a few teams making a run at him.
NE - If BB isn't sold on Stevenson.
DAL - Jerra... nuff said.
LV - trade for 2022 rushing leader?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a few teams making a run at him.
NE - If BB isn't sold on Stevenson.
DAL - Jerra... nuff said.
LV - trade for 2022 rushing leader?
LV would be a fascinating move.

Jerrah? Well, I wouldn't put it past him. I think he'd have to give up Pollard to get him.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are being really optimistic about his trade prospects. If there are hardly any teams that are willing to draft a running back in the 1st round, why do we think they are going to trade a 1st rounder for one? I just don't see it happening with the way the running back market is since a team would have to sign him to an extension after they trade for him and I don't think anybody is going to offer him what he wants. And if a team can't sign him to an extension then they would be giving up a 1st round pick for a one year rental of a player that plays the supposed least valuable position in football. Ekeler tried to find a trade before everybody's teams were set for the season and had no luck. Yes they finally gave him a few million more in incentives, but that was like two weeks after they said he could seek a trade. This is just Irsay trying to "win" this situation so when nobody offers anything for Taylor he can say, "See I told you that you weren't worth as much as you think you are."

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are being really optimistic about his trade prospects. If there are hardly any teams that are willing to draft a running back in the 1st round, why do we think they are going to trade a 1st rounder for one? I just don't see it happening with the way the running back market is since a team would have to sign him to an extension after they trade for him and I don't think anybody is going to offer him what he wants. And if a team can't sign him to an extension then they would be giving up a 1st round pick for a one year rental of a player that plays the supposed least valuable position in football. Ekeler tried to find a trade before everybody's teams were set for the season and had no luck. Yes they finally gave him a few million more in incentives, but that was like two weeks after they said he could seek a trade. This is just Irsay trying to "win" this situation so when nobody offers anything for Taylor he can say, "See I told you that you weren't worth as much as you think you are."
Well sure, but using a #1 on a potentially good RB, is entirely different than trading a #1 for a proven elite RB.
Outside of the contract, there are real reasons to not sign up for Ekeler, he's not producing in everyone's system, he needs a specific set of circumstances to do what he does, he's small, and he's had significant injuries. The only drawback to acquiring Taylor is the cost..at least at this very moment. If you can stomach the cost, why wouldn't you, you know exactly what your getting, and its no gimmick.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure, but using a #1 on a potentially good RB, is entirely different than trading a #1 for a proven elite RB.
Outside of the contract, there are real reasons to not sign up for Ekeler, he's not producing in everyone's system, he needs a specific set of circumstances to do what he does, he's small, and he's had significant injuries. The only drawback to acquiring Taylor is the cost..at least at this very moment. If you can stomach the cost, why wouldn't you, you know exactly what your getting, and its no gimmick.
Yeah, but the cost is the problem with all running backs right now. They have absolutely no leverage at all in these situations. Teams just don't think that any of them are worth $10 million a year, because they just don't think that they are that much better than somebody they can pay $2 million or $3 million to. Is there really any good team right now that can say that they are one good running back away from a Super Bowl? I don't think any teams feel that way and until a running back carries a team's offense to a Super Bowl title, they aren't going to feel that way.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the cost is the problem with all running backs right now. They have absolutely no leverage at all in these situations. Teams just don't think that any of them are worth $10 million a year, because they just don't think that they are that much better than somebody they can pay $2 million or $3 million to. Is there really any good team right now that can say that they are one good running back away from a Super Bowl? I don't think any teams feel that way and until a running back carries a team's offense to a Super Bowl title, they aren't going to feel that way.
The team that would pull the trigger on a running back, already did. But they do have Lance. And Irsay threw out the “should we draft still draft Levis?” Just a few months ago.

Trey and a third…

Best backfield since Oklahoma State in the 80’s. And I mean that.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team that would pull the trigger on a running back, already did. But they do have Lance. And Irsay threw out the “should we draft still draft Levis?” Just a few months ago.

Trey and a third…

Best backfield since Oklahoma State in the 80’s. And I mean that.
Yes, but not even the 49ers would give up a 1st for freaking Christian McCaffrey, they gave a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, and a 5th.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but not even the 49ers would give up a 1st for freaking Christian McCaffrey, they gave a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, and a 5th.
That's "equivalent value." Doesn't have to be a first.

The Titans should offer a package. At a minimum it removes the "see no one wants you" bullshit Irsay is going for.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the rumor is, a #1, OR a package of picks that would equate to a #1...I would say the CMAC deal is the likely road map. I would totally buy it if a true contender did it. Dumb for anyone else, but the Cheifs, the Phins..maybe even the Bengals and Vikes...dumb not to imho. Trade a high 20's, 30-32 pick for a SB shot? Your not really trying to win if it's not a consideration

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are hardly any teams that are willing to draft a running back in the 1st round, why do we think they are going to trade a 1st rounder for one? I just don't see it happening with the way the running back market is since a team would have to sign him to an extension after they trade for him and I don't think anybody is going to offer him what he wants.
Excellent point.
Indy had to set the starting bar somewhere. Why not at a first round pick? Doesn't mean that's what they'll get (if there is a deal) when the dust settles.

Irsay hired Jeff Saturday. With management like that, it wouldn't shock me that Irsay finds a way to get what HE wants in this situation. Which may not be what's fair. Or market value.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that’s what the Colts most likely receive, a similar package BUT Taylor is like 3 years younger

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SOB hate to hear this news, he been looking really good in camp and preseason games.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that’s what the Colts most likely receive, a similar package BUT Taylor is like 3 years younger

Rams should make an offer. They like the trade away picks and overpay players, seems appropriate. Cards would make sense, but like the Rams they're going nowhere this year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams should make an offer. They like the trade away picks and overpay players, seems appropriate. Cards would make sense, but like the Rams they're going nowhere this year.
Sure but the Rams don't have a very good roster. If they had a SB roster like in the past then that would be a better option

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where ever Richardson leads them to..could be to the #1 overall pick, but that's "somewhere".
Good for them. Then ARich will have a phenomenal WR to overthrow.

I hope Harrison Jr doesn't land on the Colts but it would be pretty cool just in fact that his daddy played for them

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at the entire thing this way--
if you're not the Chiefs or Eagles, how do you beat the Chiefs or Eagles? Realistically, you're unlikely to outscore them any given week, yes it could happen, but is that the plan? if so great, than keep on doing what you're doing, and best of luck to you come playoff time.
Can your defense stop them? Again, realistically, with very few exceptions, very unlikely.
So what can you do? keep the ball away from them, control the clock, bleed the time dry. How do you do that? by running the ball, period.

No RB has to lead a team to a SB to be worth a big investment, they just have to do their job, exceedingly well. I really can't understand why we keep going back to that tired line. No WR, other than MAYBE Kupp, has ever 'led' his team to a SB, and he needed Stafford to do it, otherwise he could've done it with Goff, so its arguable at best as to whether he 'led' the team to a SB, and they get whatever they want, traded for #1's whatever..so its an entirely irrelevant point.
If a number 1 pick, or equivalent to it, and a new 12+ million dollar a year contract are what it takes, to kill the clock vs the Chiefs or Eagles, or whomever, in a the SB, or Conference title game, or a playoff game, nursing a 2 point lead with 4 minutes to go, than what's the problem?
If trading/signing a guy who 9 out of ten times, you hand him the ball 6 times, he gets you two first downs and ends the game, that seems like one helluva small price to pay. And couldn't you care less as to whether he had 200 yards and 3 scores in that game, or 50 and zero?.
If you think you can do that with Jeff Wilson and Mostert, or Mattison, or J. Cook and Harris, or Mixon, or who ever, than great, enjoy that blissful ignorance from the comfort of your easy chairs in January.

and obviously, if your roster is not in a place where that type of moves makes that type of difference, you don't even consider a deal..ridiculous for anyone not on the short list of realistic SB contenders to even consider this move outside of making a PR splash

Last edited: