• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll push back a little on that point. Did you watch 'Quarterback" on Netflix by chance? Cousins was beat to a pulp by seasons end. And be it 2022, 2003, 1982, 1950..he was still taking SHOTS, many of them not even sacks. And while yes a fart in the general direciton seems to be a penaltythese days,, and yes guys are doing their level best to not get penalized, all it takes is once, just right, legal hit or not, cuz they certainly happen, and 15 yards is of no consolation when your QB cracks ribs, dislocates a shoulder or breaks a bone. And the more times your getting hit, the greater those odds are that that one is eventually coming.

And Cousins 46 sacks last year was third most last year, would've been third most in 2021, and 4th most in 2020..whatever way you slice it, it's a lot of hits. And he's days away from 35 years old..most of the guys getting hit about the same or more, are younger..except RW..and we've seen what he's become.
Yeah Cousins got hit a lot, but in part because he doesn't run the ball. Hurts ran 165 times ( vs 31 for cousins) add those hits when they run the ball and Cousins hit/sacks #'s start looking better.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Cousins got hit a lot, but in part because he doesn't run the ball. Hurts ran 165 times ( vs 31 for cousins) add those hits when they run the ball and Cousins hit/sacks #'s start looking better.
Meh, yes and no..a running QB, taking hits on the run, CAN, brace, adjust, slide, run OB...a pocket passer often steps into those hits, exposed, during a throwing motion (as do the runners when they take those hits)

I mean you ain't wrong, but all hits are not entirely equal. It's the tools like Cam who seemingly invited hits that those really add up quickly

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, yes and no..a running QB, taking hits on the run, CAN, brace, adjust, slide, run OB...a pocket passer often steps into those hits, exposed, during a throwing motion (as do the runners when they take those hits)

I mean you ain't wrong, but all hits are not entirely equal. It's the tools like Cam who seemingly invited hits that those really add up quickly
Makes me think of Bryce Young. He'll smartly avoid a lot of those hits, but if he ever gets it wrong I worry how he'll hold up.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me think of Bryce Young. He'll smartly avoid a lot of those hits, but if he ever gets it wrong I worry how he'll hold up.
Lamar, RGIII...among others..they rarely get squared up..but when they do (did)..owie!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar, RGIII...among others..they rarely get squared up..but when they do (did)..owie!
Young does have the advantage that maybe the defense won't even know where he is.

iu

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young does have the advantage that maybe the defense won't even know where he is.

iu

He's so small, but they have made the passing rules so easy it could work. No idea how he'll see the middle of the field, but he's so small that's probably been a problem since high school and he's made it this far.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a running QB, taking hits on the run, CAN, brace, adjust, slide, run OB...
Not that I was gunning for an example, but my feeble memory has this image of Mahomes scrambling in a playoff game, sliding in midfield to avoid contact, and his cleet got caught in the turf. He limped the entire rest of the game.
That happened, right?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I was gunning for an example, but my feeble memory has this image of Mahomes scrambling in a playoff game, sliding in midfield to avoid contact, and his cleet got caught in the turf. He limped the entire rest of the game.
That happened, right?
I try to forget but instead I cry myself to sleep

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was smart of Kamara to actually go to Goodell to discuss. He gave him brownie points imo