• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, very limited sample sizes but, Love in 2022, was a couple steps better than Love 21..so i can see some potential there, but I sure don't want a ton of stock in GB offensive skill positions, not yet
I'm right there with you. I'm sure it will come back to bite me in the ass this year but there's a chance I don't own a Packer in any league this year.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Love turns out to be average to above-average since I do have stock in him in one dynasty league - that's all I'm asking for or expecting. Then he'll fit right in with my other 2 average guys. ...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance z. Hes not bad actually, but i do disagree. I think hes gonna be slightly better than I expected since they let him sit though.
History has been kinder to the guys who got to sit for a year or more...Rodgers himself is a shining example.
I'm not talking about the Mannings, Lucks..etc..but those other guys that weren't "can't miss" and got the year or more to learn, observe, absorb, vs those who just got tossed into deep end, it seems like they do significantly better

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History has been kinder to the guys who got to sit for a year or more...Rodgers himself is a shining example.
I'm not talking about the Mannings, Lucks..etc..but those other guys that weren't "can't miss" and got the year or more to learn, observe, absorb, vs those who just got tossed into deep end, it seems like they do significantly better
Might save that Disney Channel QB's career, too, now that he also gets to sit behind Rodgers.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might save that Disney Channel QB's career, too, now that he also gets to sit behind Rodgers.
I assume that's Zach Wilson right? -he does look like he came straight from a Disney Channel show doesn't he?-

I would think that for all parties involved the best thing they could do is cut him or trade him, IF they can find anyone willing to give up a later round pick to take on his contract. There are 'irreconcilable differences' there and a divorce is necessary

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume that's Zach Wilson right? -he does look like he came straight from a Disney Channel show doesn't he?-

I would think that for all parties involved the best thing they could do is cut him or trade him, IF they can find anyone willing to give up a later round pick to take on his contract. There are 'irreconcilable differences' there and a divorce is necessary
His contract is basically all signing bonus (which they can't get back) and a $3M roster bonus this year and $4M in 2024, so there's no contract to take on, and I doubt anybody is going to value him more than the Jets do right now.

Backing up a late-career Rodgers is about the best possible situation for him. And he really looks up to Rodgers.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His contract is basically all signing bonus (which they can't get back) and a $3M roster bonus this year and $4M in 2024, so there's no contract to take on, and I doubt anybody is going to value him more than the Jets do right now.

Backing up a late-career Rodgers is about the best possible situation for him. And he really looks up to Rodgers.
All true, but obviously the Jets are beyond over him. And his comments towards the end of the season would suggest he's beyond over the Jets.
I guess reconciliation is always possible, but seemed pretty toxic those last few weeks of the '22 season

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was playing a sad little violin for Belichick on another thread. The who-made-who argument is falling heavily on the Brady side.
During the era where they basically let defensive backs do whatever they wanted, Belichick added a ton of value. Since then, yeah, all Brady.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the era where they basically let defensive backs do whatever they wanted, Belichick added a ton of value. Since then, yeah, all Brady.
I was just considering that during the Lamar v Fields discussion where Lamar's completion percentage was brought up as evidence to his ability as a passer. he's like top 25 or top 30 all time or whatever..but so are virtually all of the active QB's in the league. All the guys in the 80's, 90's, early 2000's are well below him on the list, with limited exceptions..and well,..that tracks pretty well, because back then, you couldn't toss 5-10 yard crossing patterns and slants over the middle without getting your WR's sent to the hospital, nowadays those are easy completions against most any defenses, and the accuracy of the QB dictates whether those are 5 yard completions or if they get hit in stride and can take it 20+, only drops, elite DB/LB plays, or bad/batted passes keep it from being anything but an easy completion.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just considering that during the Lamar v Fields discussion where Lamar's completion percentage was brought up as evidence to his ability as a passer. he's like top 25 or top 30 all time or whatever..but so are virtually all of the active QB's in the league. All the guys in the 80's, 90's, early 2000's are well below him on the list, with limited exceptions..and well,..that tracks pretty well, because back then, you couldn't toss 5-10 yard crossing patterns and slants over the middle without getting your WR's sent to the hospital, nowadays those are easy completions against most any defenses, and the accuracy of the QB dictates whether those are 5 yard completions or if they get hit in stride and can take it 20+, only drops, elite DB/LB plays, or bad/batted passes keep it from being anything but an easy completion.

I destroyed the competition in Madden ‘96… using short slants with rookie Eric Moulds in the slot.
Belichick couldn’t touch him.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to be a Rodgers fan until the last few years now I just wish he'd go away.
Did you see what those sly-dog Packers did?
They converted Rodgers salary before the trade.
So for 2023, Rodgers will only make $1.1 million.
But for 2024 he is set to make $107 million.

Pretty slick of those cheeseheads to give the Dark Room Waffler something to think about for 2024 since it is tied to their draft pick.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see what those sly-dog Packers did?
They converted Rodgers salary before the trade.
So for 2023, Rodgers will only make $1.1 million.
But for 2024 he is set to make $107 million.

Pretty slick of those cheeseheads to give the Dark Room Waffler something to think about for 2024 since it is tied to their draft pick.
A crafty move by GB for sure. ...... First to get rid of an annual headache then greatly lowering the $$ hit for this yr. Well done in my book - even if they suck this yr and Jets get into the playoffs. ...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey y'all.....
It's DRAFT DAY!!!
Speaking of that, figured it would fitting to watch Draft Day with Costner - - but NO, it's only available here on pay-for-view channels. .... :gaah:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of that, figured it would fitting to watch Draft Day with Costner - - but NO, it's only available here on pay-for-view channels. .... :gaah:
Not at all ashamed to say that I own it..one of my last Blu-raay/dvd purchases before we switched to %100 streaming services..but I still pull it out and watch it form time to time. And I would totally do it this evening, except that I'll only have about 45 minutes from the time I get home, till Goodell does his shpeel

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all ashamed to say that I own it..one of my last Blu-raay/dvd purchases before we switched to %100 streaming services..but I still pull it out and watch it form time to time. And I would totally do it this evening, except that I'll only have about 45 minutes from the time I get home, till Goodell does his shpeel
I have liked every single sports related movie the guy has ever done. .... he obviously has a soft spots for those storylines. ..