• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The on going saga of Watson:

Well this just proves that it was all about the money and not the situation. At least Cooper owners get a big boost, but unless they are going to completely change the offensive philosophy I'm not not how Watson can thrive as little as they throw the ball. I'd be interested to know what they told him about that in the meeting they had with him. Did they say, look I know that in the past we've been a run first team, but if you come here, we will throw that shit out the window and we don't really care if it pisses off Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt. It's a big hit on Hunt and Chubb on the pass catching side of things also, because Watson does not like checking the ball down to running backs at all.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs signed JuJu Smith-Schuster, formerly of the Steelers.​

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper looking to be a perfectly fine value now.

Well this just proves that it was all about the money and not the situation. At least Cooper owners get a big boost, but unless they are going to completely change the offensive philosophy I'm not not how Watson can thrive as little as they throw the ball. I'd be interested to know what they told him about that in the meeting they had with him. Did they say, look I know that in the past we've been a run first team, but if you come here, we will throw that shit out the window and we don't really care if it pisses off Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt. It's a big hit on Hunt and Chubb on the pass catching side of things also, because Watson does not like checking the ball down to running backs at all.
As AJ Brown owners can attest, you don't HAVE to have volume to be a WR1. They'll throw plenty more than enough A wide receiver to be a fantasy star.

And who knows, maybe they threw so rarely because of who was throwing it. Someone different could always change that up

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs signed JuJu Smith-Schuster, formerly of the Steelers.​

Great spot for JuJu, imho.

Not sure what he's worth fantasywise as that third option, but worst case, having a true NFL caliber WR who can produce as another option for defenses to think about should help Kelce and Hill produce more consistently, even if he draws siphon a few targets.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Watson could get more out of Peoples-Jones and Anthony Schwartz. Seems like there is some upside there.

Hard to tell if Juju is going to have much fantasy value. Mecole Hardman seems like someone they'll still manufacture touches for and Hill and Kelce will still be the focus. Pringle had 60 targets last year but if Mahomes is more confident in Juju then I could definitely see that number go up. Josh Gordon also had 14 targets. Probably not hard to see Juju getting to 70-90 targets. Also the fact that Kelce may or may not slow down here in the next couple of years. Feels like a stock arrow up for Mahomes, no change for Hill, maybe down a tad for Kelce.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Watson could get more out of Peoples-Jones and Anthony Schwartz. Seems like there is some upside there.

Hard to tell if Juju is going to have much fantasy value. Mecole Hardman seems like someone they'll still manufacture touches for and Hill and Kelce will still be the focus. Pringle had 60 targets last year but if Mahomes is more confident in Juju then I could definitely see that number go up. Josh Gordon also had 14 targets. Probably not hard to see Juju getting to 70-90 targets. Also the fact that Kelce may or may not slow down here in the next couple of years. Feels like a stock arrow up for Mahomes, no change for Hill, maybe down a tad for Kelce.
I think if you took Robinson, Pringle's targets, which is right at 100, plus a few of Hardman's targets, not touches, targets, that'd be the ceiling for JuJu. 100-120..probably something similar to his 2020 numbers.
They'd be silly to not continue to manufacture touches for Hardman, but now they won't be relying on him to be more than that 'gimmick' type, which is what he's best at anyways.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you took Robinson, Pringle's targets, which is right at 100, plus a few of Hardman's targets, not touches, targets, that'd be the ceiling for JuJu. 100-120..probably something similar to his 2020 numbers.
They'd be silly to not continue to manufacture touches for Hardman, but now they won't be relying on him to be more than that 'gimmick' type, which is what he's best at anyways.
Juju will probably be a good blocker for Hardman's gadget plays so his stock might be a push.

Its hard to make a 'ceiling-floor' conversation with Juju because teams might play the Chiefs differently with him on the field. Last year teams certainly gave Mahomes the underneath stuff and his YPA went way down. If Juju is the underneath option, are teams going to give him to Mahomes? I do think the average targets is somewhere around 80 or so. The big thing about Juju is that he should get more red zone targets than Pringle.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be interested to know what they told him about that in the meeting they had with him.
They gave him $230 mil fully guaranteed. Plus his 2022 salary is $1 mil. That's in case he still gets suspended, he hardly loses anything this year.

Clever. Almost makes you hate football. Wonder if they money launder for drug cartels, mafia and billionaires?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juju will probably be a good blocker for Hardman's gadget plays so his stock might be a push.

Its hard to make a 'ceiling-floor' conversation with Juju because teams might play the Chiefs differently with him on the field. Last year teams certainly gave Mahomes the underneath stuff and his YPA went way down. If Juju is the underneath option, are teams going to give him to Mahomes? I do think the average targets is somewhere around 80 or so. The big thing about Juju is that he should get more red zone targets than Pringle.
My best guess is he's a better version of Sammy Watkins. He'll have a handful of nice-big days as they have to prove they'll throw to him all game long if you keep doubling and bracketing, and staying in your cover 2, then defenses will be forced to play straight up, at which point Hill and Kelce go ballistic for a 4-5 game stretch, and on and on the roller coaster goes, until someone figures out how to stop all three (hit Mahommes, a lot).

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm diggin' Peoples-Jones now.

"Peoples...Peoples who needs a great QB....is the luckiest Peoples in the world!" :pound::pound::pound:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm diggin' Peoples-Jones now.

"Peoples...Peoples who needs a great QB....is the luckiest Peoples in the world!" :pound::pound::pound:
Same, he's a big downfield playmaker type, and Watson has always liked tossing those. I think he takes a nice leap forward

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might have to wait until after the draft and free agency to see how much of a boost it is for anybody other than Cooper. I could see the Browns drafting another wide receiver or signing somebody else. Still think it's going to be a hit to the ceiling of the running backs more than anything else.