• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe they just don't even plan on using a running back next year and will just go four wide and put an extra offensive lineman next to Stafford to pass block for him.
Works for Miami. .well, at least they seem to think they can play without one

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns move Mayfield they end up with.....Jimmy G? Matt Ryan? Or does it get worse then that? Wondering how this affects Chubb, Hunt and Cooper?
Go get Huntley and run the Ravens offense. Cooper is effed, but Chubb and Hunt get a boost :)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons following the Dolphins, and repeating thier past mistakes, signed Damien Williams, still don't have a RB. This, while Fournette, Gordon, Penny, hell, Phillip Lindsay even, are all still sitting by the phone. Boggles my fn mind

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons following the Dolphins, and repeating thier past mistakes, signed Damien Williams, still don't have a RB. This, while Fournette, Gordon, Penny, hell, Phillip Lindsay even, are all still sitting by the phone. Boggles my fn mind
Rumor is Falcons traded for Watson. Supposedly to be confirmed in a hour or so.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Falcons traded for Watson. Supposedly to be confirmed in a hour or so.
So Watson will lead the team in rushing because he has no one to throw to outside a TE playing receiver.

Why would he WANT that situation over Cleveland with Cooper or the Saints with Thomas??

I
Just
Don't
Get
It

And people wonder why organizations like NE and HC's like Belichik are always winning and cerain others are always losing...yeah they cheat, but they also aren't fn stupid

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have sworn something similar happened last year. Cant remember which team.... but they had a need, signed a marginal player or 2, then cut them in preseason. Ring any bells?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders acquire Devonte Adams?? WHY??? they don't have a QB who throw him the ball!!!! Arghhhh!

Rodgers has got to be pissed

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders acquire Devonte Adams?? WHY??? they don't have a QB who throw him the ball!!!! Arghhhh!

Rodgers has got to be pissed
Not liking that either, was counting on Renfrow to have a career year. Does boost my Carr stock some.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not liking that either, was counting on Renfrow to have a career year. Does boost my Carr stock some.
I think Renfro might actually benefit from this. If ARod would have had a more consistent 2nd option that person would have had pretty good numbers IMO

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW!

Raiders acquired WR Davante Adams from the Packers in exchange for a first-round pick and second-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.​

One of the picks is the Raiders' first-rounder. As part of the deal, franchise-tagged Adams is signing a new five-year, $141.25 million contract, making him the highest-paid wideout in the league. That is an eye-popping average-annual value of $28.25 million. Long-term talks did not seem to be going particularly well between the Packers and Adams, but no one was really considering the possibility of a trade after Aaron Rodgers decided to return to Green Bay. He is now losing the player he called the best receiver he has ever had. In Adams' wake in Green Bay are Allen Lazard, Randall Cobb and Amari Rodgers. As for Adams' fit in Vegas, it is a massive quarterback downgrade, but Derek Carr and Josh McDaniels are going to understand the assignment: Get Adams the ball. Carr is also best at the same levels of the field as Adams, though he does not have Rodgers' finesse with getting the ball into tight spaces. Adams remains a clear-cut top-five WR1, but there will be a hit in production. Hunter Renfrow is the biggest fantasy loser, while it's also not great news for Darren Waller's ceiling. For what it's worth, Adams and Carr played together in college at Fresno State.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much you wanna bet they'll be all in on MVS?

Some seriously strange things happening this year.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Aaron Rodgers "knew Davante Adams would never play for the Packers again" before negotiating his contract.​

After the shock of the trade started to dissipate, it was understandable to question how Rodgers felt about his best -- and arguably only -- receiving weapon traded away, but this report along with others suggests Rodgers has accepted the situation even if he is not okay with it. For Rodgers, the question turns to who he will be throwing to in 2022. Allen Lazard and Randall Cobb are back, and perhaps Marquez Valdes-Scantling will re-sign in the wake of this news. Even so, it would be smart for the Packers to use their newfound first-round pick on one of a talented group of draft-eligible receivers.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was not aware that Carr and Adans played together at Fresno State.

2013, Carr a Senior, Adams a SO (he only played 2 years)
Carr threw 5000 yds and 50 tds in 13 games
Adams had 1719 yds and 24 tds in 13 games

Well, I guess if anyone is going to get Carr to throw outside the numbers, it's Adams.

And with him specifically wanting the Raiders and to Olay with Carr...so much for my dream of getting rid of Carr...fml...better work out

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oof. From Ripley's Believe it or Not.

The Athletic's Matt Schneidman reports the Packers were "willing to pay Davante Adams as much or more than the Raiders," and that his decision "came down to him wanting out and to play with Derek Carr, his college quarterback."​

Alrighty then. It is a little hard to believe that Adams would choose the Raiders over the Packers if the money was truly equal, but Adams indeed had unbelievable chemistry with Carr before Rodgers. Perhaps he was simply over the drama in Green Bay. It's also possible this is a coordinated leak from the Packers, who certainly never gave off the vibe they were ready to give Adams what he wanted. Whatever it was, he is gone. As much as Adams might like Carr, it's a severe downgrade, while Adams' target competition is upgrading. Rather than a no-brainer top 2-3 fantasy wideout, Adams is now more top 6-7.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thielen.png

This is good news for me since I own Thielen in a few leagues. Bet @TREFF is happy also to see this.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3