• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Packers go up by 2 scores ( likely to do so early in the game) I have my doubts about that.
I dont.
Nagy's an idiot.
Cant have Fields throwing incomplete passes all afternoon. That just gives the ball back to the Pack.
Plus Monty is the Bears best passing option too.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one more time, only louder for those in the back of the room

*don't judge RBs based on their performances against the Lions!!!*
Well yes his blow ups hve come against the lions n seahawks. All we hve to go on. But also being used in the pass game where cook isnt as much. He has as much use as cook in far less starts. Cook is seen as a 3 down rb. Fwiw im really only looking at starts. Because usage is vastly different and situational otherwise.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yes his blow ups hve come against the lions n seahawks. All we hve to go on. But also being used in the pass game where cook isnt as much. He has as much use as cook in far less starts. Cook is seen as a 3 down rb. Fwiw im really only looking at starts. Because usage is vastly different and situational otherwise.

Mattison hasn't gone over 4.5 y/a in any of his starts when 2/3 of those starts came against the Lions, where Cook hit 6.5 vs Baltimore and 4.8 vs Panthers, 2 of the best run D's in the league.

Context matters a lot when you shrink the sample size down to Mattison's starts, which I think is the best way to do it, since he's an afterthought when Cook plays.

Going to be very interesting if we see an actual split tonight, haven't seen it yet this season, either full load goes to Cook when healthy or all to Mattison when injured.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banged up, though. Didn't practice yesterday. Not sure about today.
That is a concern.
But Cards have a better run-D than the Packers and Monty did fine vs AZ.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattison hasn't gone over 4.5 y/a in any of his starts when 2/3 of those starts came against the Lions, where Cook hit 6.5 vs Baltimore and 4.8 vs Panthers, 2 of the best run D's in the league.

Context matters a lot when you shrink the sample size down to Mattison's starts, which I think is the best way to do it, since he's an afterthought when Cook plays.

Going to be very interesting if we see an actual split tonight, haven't seen it yet this season, either full load goes to Cook when healthy or all to Mattison when injured.
Honestly in fantasy i dont worry about ypc. I see your point of view though.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly in fantasy i dont worry about ypc. I see your point of view though.

I use it more when evaluating RBs on the same team, since they run behind the same OL within the same playbook/coaching strategy.
If Justin Jefferson keeps doing his thing, should be plenty of running room for Mattison or Cook

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use it more when evaluating RBs on the same team, since they run behind the same OL within the same playbook/coaching strategy.
If Justin Jefferson keeps doing his thing, should be plenty of running room for Mattison or Cook
No i get yah. Just seems as of late theyve been kinda steering clear from cooks passkng game involvement. Hes the better runner n player thetes no doubt. But with injuries, was just my opinion that mattison would be a better bet for fantasy points.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No i get yah. Just seems as of late theyve been kinda steering clear from cooks passkng game involvement. Hes the better runner n player thetes no doubt. But with injuries, was just my opinion that mattison would be a better bet for fantasy points.
Cook is killing it tonight…………

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is going to be a long week. I put Cook back in my lineup and forgot to hit save. So left Cook on the bench for this game.

200.gif

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me: the steelers have given up more pts to RBs than every team except NYJ the last month

Steelers: hold my beer

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero faith in any questionable guys playing on TNF, it seems dumb, short-sighted, and not in the team's or the player's best interest. That doesn't stop some, but I really can't recall a time someone played hurt on a short week and actually hit or exceeded expected production. TNF is awful.
Tonight Cook is showing it’s possible.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm yeah… Glad I played Cook…. Of course my league allows an injury designation (ie. This player is in my lineup, but if he doesn’t play at all, substitute this other guy), but was still a bit hesitant… Nice 1st half! :D