• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the new contract will only be for 1 year and he will be a UFA this off season. I also heard there is a clause that the Pack can't tag him.
The CBA wouldn't allow alot of the stuff that's being rumored. Rodgers himself shot down the chatter about it voiding the final two years.

Now that doesn't mean there isn't a handshake agreement in place, like they exercise that opt out clause after this season or something like that, but officially, his contract is still in place, they can re work it, with an extension and what not, but they cannot simply void it, not without some serious ramifications from the league and the NFLPA.

And considering Green Bay still holds most of the cards, they'd be ridiculously stupid if that "handshake agreement" getting Rodgers out of town after this season, was not an agreement to trade him, rather than release him. Perhaps he has some say, perhaps there's a short list of teams they agreed to, but no intelligent businessman running a multibillion dollar business (which an NFL team is) is going to just take that loss and watch their biggest asset walk away for nothing, not when a profitable solution is readily available.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the transcript of his presser-

Do you get to decide where you’re going to play next year?

Rodgers:
No. That’s not what I’ve been told or understand.

Unless it's a flat out lie...which, it certainly could be...that's pretty black and white.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it'd have to be a trade, they aren't gonna just release him when they know they can get a kings ransom for him, and Denver will not be the only suitors
Yep. This is why I am ok with it.

therealsportsguru

owner of geatathebookie.com
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually putting together a fantasy football league. I need 10 players, there will be a cash prize and trophy to the winner. If you are interested just respond here and I will tell you how to sign up.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anyone who cares to know....
The Denver press, or at least most of those I've heard an opinion from, say Drew Lock won day 1 of the "50/50 camp battle". Some say he won resoundingly, other say it was close, and one or two even say Teddy edged Drew out.

You can see how barring a total collapse from one or the other, this is going to drag on for a while.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anyone who cares to know....
The Denver press, or at least most of those I've heard an opinion from, say Drew Lock won day 1 of the "50/50 camp battle". Some say he won resoundingly, other say it was close, and one or two even say Teddy edged Drew out.

You can see how barring a total collapse from one or the other, this is going to drag on for a while.
Teddy is what he is - a decent system QB who's good in short/intermediate accuracy. But with Sutton and Jeudy being their top wideouts, you're going to want a guy who can push it downfield, and Lock is probably better there.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy is what he is - a decent system QB who's good in short/intermediate accuracy. But with Sutton and Jeudy being their top wideouts, you're going to want a guy who can push it downfield, and Lock is probably better there.
But with the defense looking top 5ish or so in the league, you may just want a safe game managing type QB, instead of a gunslinger who is prone to turnovers. That's been my debate all summer.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the transcript of his presser-

Do you get to decide where you’re going to play next year?

Rodgers:
No. That’s not what I’ve been told or understand.

Unless it's a flat out lie...which, it certainly could be...that's pretty black and white.
well he hasnt signed a new contract yet so he is still under the old one :suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he hasnt signed a new contract yet so he is still under the old one :suds:
Well they had some sort of "concession agreement" that they apparently agreed to in order to get him back..none of which has been verifiable released to the public, so who knows what they agreed to do after this season. But yes, that's my point, the legally binding contract says he'll be in GB next season, and beyond, unless they A) trade him, or B) release him, or C) he retires. Therein lie the rumors and assumptions about what was agreed to given those 3 options.
And IMHO, GB would be supremely ignorant to go with option B...regardless of what Rodgers wants

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But with the defense looking top 5ish or so in the league, you may just want a safe game managing type QB, instead of a gunslinger who is prone to turnovers. That's been my debate all summer.
Yep..on both.

Sounds like Drew had a pretty rough day today and Teddy was, well..Teddy..so Teddy got day 2

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep..on both.

Sounds like Drew had a pretty rough day today and Teddy was, well..Teddy..so Teddy got day 2
I have a feeling they will be back and forth the whole time until the opener. Probably even longer.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling they will be back and forth the whole time until the opener. Probably even longer.
Definitely.

I would say it's a safe bet to bank on both starting games this season.

There's even the beginnings of Brett Rypien whispers being floated

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP, Shady, Bell, Duke, Gurley..amongst others all waiting by the phone..who do the Giants bring in for a visit?? MF'n ALF....SMDH

How can this garden slug continue to get opportunities???

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they had some sort of "concession agreement" that they apparently agreed to in order to get him back..none of which has been verifiable released to the public, so who knows what they agreed to do after this season. But yes, that's my point, the legally binding contract says he'll be in GB next season, and beyond, unless they A) trade him, or B) release him, or C) he retires. Therein lie the rumors and assumptions about what was agreed to given those 3 options.
And IMHO, GB would be supremely ignorant to go with option B...regardless of what Rodgers wants
find out soon

FL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Packers have agreed to a reworked contract with Aaron Rodgers.​

The details are not yet known, but they will hopefully provide insight into Rodgers' post-2021 destiny. The early scuttlebutt is that the Pack would still control where Rodgers ends up if they divorce following this season, which has appeared inevitable. We will follow with the actual contractual details once they become available.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP, Shady, Bell, Duke, Gurley..amongst others all waiting by the phone..who do the Giants bring in for a visit?? MF'n ALF....SMDH

How can this garden slug continue to get opportunities???
CJ must have been busy.