• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think more than anything else this makes Stafford's value go up even more than it already has. And I'm not so sure there aren't too many bridges that were burnt with Gurley. The Rams basically said we'd rather throw away $21 million in dead money than keep you on our roster.
Damn, I forgot that that was the way that went down...yeah Gurley ain't coming back

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're willing to do what they did to get Stafford, finding another 3-5 mill in cap space would be peanuts.

You make that move, you're committed to winning, right now..you'd better find a way.

Doesn't make any sense to go get Stafford, at that price, and then half ass the only other position that will touch the ball 250 times

Maybe they feel that answer is in house...I find that hard to believe. If they felt Henderson could be "the guy", they could've used the '19 #2 on a multitude if other things.
I don't see Gurley, Bell or AP as helping all that much, if the price is right the Rams may consider signing one of them.....for depth.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Gurley, Bell or AP as helping all that much, if the price is right the Rams may consider signing one of them.....for depth.
I won't speak for Bell, ad he's pretty much just a dickhole, so if he's not what he used to be, than to hell with him...and I agree on Gurley..with the caveat being that for whatever amount of games he can hang until his knees flare up again, he'd likely produce fairly well- it's just that that won't be very long. But I truly feel the value of a veteran in that room is being severely underrated. So he won't hit 4+ ypc, so he won't bust 50 yard touchdowns any longer..but you know what he can do? He can score that 1-3 yard TD, he can get that first down to close a game, and he can show all those young pups how to do it too. If that ain't worth a million out of a 200 million pie, there's something seriously effed up about the league.

I see that as helping, a ton.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't speak for Bell, ad he's pretty much just a dickhole, so if he's not what he used to be, than to hell with him...and I agree on Gurley..with the caveat being that for whatever amount of games he can hang until his knees flare up again, he'd likely produce fairly well- it's just that that won't be very long. But I truly feel the value of a veteran in that room is being severely underrated. So he won't hit 4+ ypc, so he won't bust 50 yard touchdowns any longer..but you know what he can do? He can score that 1-3 yard TD, he can get that first down to close a game, and he can show all those young pups how to do it too. If that ain't worth a million out of a 200 million pie, there's something seriously effed up about the league.

I see that as helping, a ton.
Saw a poster on the Rams board suggesting they bring back CJ Anderson. :D

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surrounded by funny guys
what do you mean tyler the creator GIF

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Richard, you mad, bro? :pound: :pound: :pound:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad I unloaded Thomas in the leagues I owned him. I had lost all faith in him after last season.

very weird progression of events with this one...
- damaged 2 ligaments trying to play through the injury last season
- surgery to repair 1st ligament in January
- *Brees retirement becomes more official??*
- decides to hold off on surgery to repair the other ligament until June/July???

I'm not a doctor, and I didn't stay at Holiday Inn last night, but either the rehab didn't go well from the 1st surgery, or he purposely delayed getting the 2nd so he could enjoy the off season after finding out that Brees wasn't coming back

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More vaccination pressure - if a team can't play because of an outbreak among unvaccinated players, the game wouldn't be rescheduled, the team would forfeit, be responsible for financial losses, and possibly face additional penalties.

Legitimacy of vaccine mandates aside (plenty of places here to debate that here on the Hoop), what are the fantasy implications for guys like Hopkins and maybe Sam Darnold, and others we haven't heard from yet?

Clubs will probably now make an extra effort to minimize contact between unvaccinated players, in addition to all the other restrictions and testing that unvaccinated players are facing this year. And nobody wants to be the reason the team got an L.

So really these guys have three options - stay unvaccinated and deal with a really unpleasant season, get vaccinated, or quit.

What does this do to their value, or the value of other guys on their offense?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More vaccination pressure - if a team can't play because of an outbreak among unvaccinated players, the game wouldn't be rescheduled, the team would forfeit, be responsible for financial losses, and possibly face additional penalties.

Legitimacy of vaccine mandates aside (plenty of places here to debate that here on the Hoop), what are the fantasy implications for guys like Hopkins and maybe Sam Darnold, and others we haven't heard from yet?

Clubs will probably now make an extra effort to minimize contact between unvaccinated players, in addition to all the other restrictions and testing that unvaccinated players are facing this year. And nobody wants to be the reason the team got an L.

So really these guys have three options - stay unvaccinated and deal with a really unpleasant season, get vaccinated, or quit.

What does this do to their value, or the value of other guys on their offense?
That is a great question...one that I do not have an answer

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a great question...one that I do not have an answer
In a way it's similar to a guy being injured or near the end of his career - i.e. Saquon and Big Ben will probably put up good FF numbers for the games they play, but how many will that be?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way it's similar to a guy being injured or near the end of his career - i.e. Saquon and Big Ben will probably put up good FF numbers for the games they play, but how many will that be?
well hopkins may not play at all do u draft him?

n a now-deleted tweet, DeAndre Hopkins said the NFL's COVID-19 vaccination policy is "making me question my future" in the league.​

Hopkins quickly took down the post -- one of several from NFL players unhappy about the league's new policy forcing teams to forfeit if a game can't be rescheduled following a COVID outbreak among unvaccinated players. Hopkins said the league's policy put him "in position to hurt my team because I don't want to partake in the vaccine." He posted a one-word tweet shortly thereafter: "Freedom?" One of the game's premiere wideouts vaguely threatening to retire instead of getting the COVID vaccine is a big deal. Hopkins certainly won't be the last player to openly discuss retirement as a protest against the NFL's pro-vaccine stance

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well hopkins may not play at all do u draft him?

n a now-deleted tweet, DeAndre Hopkins said the NFL's COVID-19 vaccination policy is "making me question my future" in the league.​

Hopkins quickly took down the post -- one of several from NFL players unhappy about the league's new policy forcing teams to forfeit if a game can't be rescheduled following a COVID outbreak among unvaccinated players. Hopkins said the league's policy put him "in position to hurt my team because I don't want to partake in the vaccine." He posted a one-word tweet shortly thereafter: "Freedom?" One of the game's premiere wideouts vaguely threatening to retire instead of getting the COVID vaccine is a big deal. Hopkins certainly won't be the last player to openly discuss retirement as a protest against the NFL's pro-vaccine stance
Well I dunno about Hopkins, but it certainly makes AJ Green a much more attractive late round stab