• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible news for Dillon owners, and it ain't good news for Jones owners either. Congrats on 4 more years for Mr. Discount Double check douchebag calling 1 yard TD passes for his own resume and stealing your #'s
Jones had plenty is fantasy success with Rodgers throwing RZ TDs.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible news for Dillon owners, and it ain't good news for Jones owners either. Congrats on 4 more years for Mr. Discount Double check douchebag calling 1 yard TD passes for his own resume and stealing your
Wasn't at all expecting this. There goes all the AJ Dillon love. I imagine that means they let Jamaal Williams walk or that whole backfield will be a debacle.

AARON JONESRB, GREEN BAY PACKERS

Packers re-signed RB Aaron Jones to a four-year, $48 million contract.​

After the Packers chose not to place the franchise tag on Jones, it looked like the electric back would be forced into testing the waters of free agency. Following some extra time at the negotiating table, Jones will be staying in Green Bay for the next four seasons if he's able to play out the length of the contract. The deal includes a $13 million signing bonus. Despite missing two games in 2020, Jones set a career-high in rushing yards at 1,104 to go along with his 355 yards through the air. He has scored 30 times over the past two seasons and routinely sits atop the league's best backs in yards per carry. If he can maintain his current career pace of 5.2 yards per carry, he'll likely go down as one of the most efficient runners the league has ever seen. Green Bay took AJ Dillon in the second round of the draft last year but it looks like he'll continue to serve as nothing more than a premium backup. Jamaal Williams has been used to spell Jones at times but he is set to hit free agency. If Green Bay lets him walk, it would likely mean more work for both Jones and Dillon.

yeah I’m baffled by this

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones had plenty is fantasy success with Rodgers throwing RZ TDs.
Not what he should have had though, he was the RB4-ish, depending in system, but right in a pack where 8 guys were basically the same, could've easily been RB12. Give him half of Adam's TD'S inside the five (If memory serves, I counted 9 of those right after the season was over), and he's in a tier all be himself, right behind Cook, Kamara and King Henry

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ML gets creative and puts Jones split out with Dillon in the backfield. Do you cover Jones with a LB or let Dillon pound? I didn’t want to resign him because I felt any free money should go elsewhere but he’s a very good weapon in that offense

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ML gets creative and puts Jones split out with Dillon in the backfield. Do you cover Jones with a LB or let Dillon pound? I didn’t want to resign him because I felt any free money should go elsewhere but he’s a very good weapon in that offense
Yeah they are essentially screwed now with the cap where it is to try and sign anybody else.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they are essentially screwed now with the cap where it is to try and sign anybody else.
Yes and no. They can still restructure Rodgers and Z Smith and extend Adams.

however I’m not sure they want to mess with Rodgers contract

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a better backfield.

QB and RBs.

I can’t. Maybe somebody else can. But I can’t. Baltimore? I’ll take GB.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a better backfield.

QB and RBs.

Arent jones and dillon the only ones under contract? Dillon didnt touch the ball much but looked very food when he did. Fwiw i like jamal williams alot. But hes likely gone. Id have to think on the backfield.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arent jones and dillon the only ones under contract? Dillon didnt touch the ball much but looked very food when he did. Fwiw i like jamal williams alot. But hes likely gone. Id have to think on the backfield.
He is definitely gone now

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a better backfield.

QB and RBs.

Dak, Zeke, and Pollard are right up there.

There isn't going to be much competition, teams don't invest in RB's like that amy more.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak, Zeke, and Pollard are right up there.

There isn't going to be much competition, teams don't invest in RB's like that amy more.
with williams leaving, and dillon more a hype as of now, if were strictly talking RB's, i guess for me there's a fair amount that could match up, because its more who is the lead back.....Even lets say carolina with cmac and mike davis.........or the titans with henry and whats his name that was a third round pick.

dont get me wrong, its a good combo, and up there with anyone.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with williams leaving, and dillon more a hype as of now, if were strictly talking RB's, i guess for me there's a fair amount that could match up, because its more who is the lead back.....Even lets say carolina with cmac and mike davis.........or the titans with henry and whats his name that was a third round pick.

dont get me wrong, its a good combo, and up there with anyone.
Well he said QB and RB's...Panthers have no QB of note, and Mike Davis isn't under contract, Titans have Tranny, not sure sure he's worth mentioning when the competition is Aaron Rodgers, and D. Evans hasn't shown enough to be of note.

Maybe Chub, Hunt, and Mayfield are worth a mention? RW Carson and Penny would've been...Brees Kamara and Murray would have been...3 years ago a backfield of Watson, Ingram and David Johnson would've certainly appeared to be real good..

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he said QB and RB's...Panthers have no QB of note, and Mike Davis isn't under contract, Titans have Tranny, not sure sure he's worth mentioning when the competition is Aaron Rodgers, and D. Evans hasn't shown enough to be of note.

Maybe Chub, Hunt, and Mayfield are worth a mention? RW Carson and Penny would've been...Brees Kamara and Murray would have been...3 years ago a backfield of Watson, Ingram and David Johnson would've certainly appeared to be real good..
Missed the qb part so yeah. For sure

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a better backfield.

QB and RBs.

My argument wasn't that the backfield isn't good. It's awesome, but that's not the reason they lost to Tampa in NFC title game last year. Now they aren't going to have any money to improve anywhere else. The backfield has been good for a lot of years and hasn't gotten them over the top. When it's Super Bowl or lost season for your team that money they paid Jones could have been used to improve the defense. They still need a corner, inside linebacker, and defensive lineman and now they will have no money to get them with.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument wasn't that the backfield isn't good. It's awesome, but that's not the reason they lost to Tampa in NFC title game last year. Now they aren't going to have any money to improve anywhere else. The backfield has been good for a lot of years and hasn't gotten them over the top. When it's Super Bowl or lost season for your team that money they paid Jones could have been used to improve the defense. They still need a corner, inside linebacker, and defensive lineman and now they will have no money to get them with.
It may be my bias but I am confident in believing they win that NFC Title game if Bakh was healthy. However yes they need to improve in some areas for sure. Im impressed they were able to move around without touching Rodgers contract.

well so far

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are PAckers have spoken with just about ever FA WR. Gutey could be going all in to try and get another ring.