• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading that Fisher injury is going to cause him to miss a chunk of this season, contact was up, so they needed the cap space. Makes sense if they were only going to possibly get him back at end of year, and prob not even full strength at that point

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that. Apparently they wanted to just throw $14 million dollars out the window with no hope of winning.
Marcus Marriota, 1 year, 10.625m, and MAYBE a #4ish pick...

Seems like a better plan, but what do I know

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that Russell Wilson will be traded today.
ha GIF

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK but ever day he remains a Seahawks the less likely a trade happens IMO.
Well if he can stay put through April 29th, I'd say, those RW tattoos are safe. IMHO, until then, anything can happen. I'd say chances dramatically reduce once everyone has all their new toys to play with

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and just like that Mahomes restructuring rumors surface to free up $17mil in cap space

THE SALARY CAP IS A MYTH!!!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:
What can i say?
I heard a few things and thought it might go down.

I may have said it before, but i feel any run at Wilson or Watson will be a waste of draft capital. But with Pace and Nagy's jobs on the line, this has all the makings of a Dale Tallon type spending frenzy.

He was the Blackhawks GM who handed out hefty contracts in the late 2000's. While Tallon is credited with building the Stanley Cup 2010 team, it severely limited future growth in the franchise. Plus in the NHL contracts cannot be creatively reworked. They have to run their course.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...as a fan it is a tale of 2 extremes. On 1 hand, the McCasky's showed poor judgement in keeping Pace & Nagy on the basis of them being "nice guys." So is the sky the limit? Trade everything for a franchise QB? Spend wrecklessly on talent in the hopes of winning? Maybe? Look what Pace did to get Trubisky and Mack. I can see this being really bad. And yet i can see it being good. At least for a season.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can i say?

I may have said it before, but i feel any run at Wilson or Watson will be a waste of draft capital. But with Pace and Nagy's jobs on the line, this has all the makings of a Dale Tallon type spending frenzy.

He was the Blackhawks GM who handed out hefty contracts in the late 2000's. While Tallon is credited with building the Stanley Cup 2010 team, it severely limited future growth in the franchise. Plus in the NHL contracts cannot be creatively reworked. They have to run their course.
I know I know.. 1615601528920.png

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can i say?

Unless you can get an idiot with the Florida Panthers to take your bad contracts off your hands

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... with a lower cap and the need for a franchise QB, great to see that the Bears locked up a kicker and punter first.
:L
I mean, those kind of specialty players are hard to find.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't at all expecting this. There goes all the AJ Dillon love. I imagine that means they let Jamaal Williams walk or that whole backfield will be a debacle.

AARON JONESRB, GREEN BAY PACKERS

Packers re-signed RB Aaron Jones to a four-year, $48 million contract.​

After the Packers chose not to place the franchise tag on Jones, it looked like the electric back would be forced into testing the waters of free agency. Following some extra time at the negotiating table, Jones will be staying in Green Bay for the next four seasons if he's able to play out the length of the contract. The deal includes a $13 million signing bonus. Despite missing two games in 2020, Jones set a career-high in rushing yards at 1,104 to go along with his 355 yards through the air. He has scored 30 times over the past two seasons and routinely sits atop the league's best backs in yards per carry. If he can maintain his current career pace of 5.2 yards per carry, he'll likely go down as one of the most efficient runners the league has ever seen. Green Bay took AJ Dillon in the second round of the draft last year but it looks like he'll continue to serve as nothing more than a premium backup. Jamaal Williams has been used to spell Jones at times but he is set to hit free agency. If Green Bay lets him walk, it would likely mean more work for both Jones and Dillon.

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't at all expecting this. There goes all the AJ Dillon love. I imagine that means they let Jamaal Williams walk or that whole backfield will be a debacle.

After the Packers chose not to place the franchise tag on Jones, it looked like the electric back would be forced into testing the waters of free agency. Following some extra time at the negotiating table, Jones will be staying in Green Bay for the next four seasons if he's able to play out the length of the contract. The deal includes a $13 million signing bonus. Despite missing two games in 2020, Jones set a career-high in rushing yards at 1,104 to go along with his 355 yards through the air. He has scored 30 times over the past two seasons and routinely sits atop the league's best backs in yards per carry. If he can maintain his current career pace of 5.2 yards per carry, he'll likely go down as one of the most efficient runners the league has ever seen. Green Bay took AJ Dillon in the second round of the draft last year but it looks like he'll continue to serve as nothing more than a premium backup. Jamaal Williams has been used to spell Jones at times but he is set to hit free agency. If Green Bay lets him walk, it would likely mean more work for both Jones and Dillon.
Well fuck me

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Horrible news for Dillon owners, and it ain't good news for Jones owners either. Congrats on 4 more years for Mr. Discount Double check douchebag calling 1 yard TD passes for his own resume and stealing your #'s