• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, keep the punches above the belt. Low blow. :)
But, Ball was actually a "product" of John Fox, who didn't run the Gibbs style zone blocking :suds:

Well not EVERY chunk of coal can be turned into a diamond, but by and large, that system churns out 1k yard rushers better than any others. For every "should've been" like that theres two Olandis Gary's or Steve Slaton's, or Alf Morris's, or Mike Anderson's, or Tatum Bell's

Oh, stop now. If I can take the Trent Richardson mistake, you can take Montee. ;)

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalvin Cook last year...

On and on for a quarter century
Yeah but... Dalvin Cook is actually good at football. Mostert, I'm not 100% sure on. He looked great in the Yung Shanny system, which is more evolved than the other system(s) being talked about imo, but he was a journeyman before that so it's hard to tell.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not seeing any details yet, but my Twitter feed is blowing up with "Henry signs 4yr extension with Titans"

would love to see where all the guaranteed money is loaded.

Makes no sense at all to NOT front load the hell out of it so they can cut him easily in 3 seasons

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not seeing any details yet, but my Twitter feed is blowing up with "Henry signs 4yr extension with Titans"

would love to see where all the guaranteed money is loaded.

Makes no sense at all to NOT front load the hell out of it so they can cut him easily in 3 seasons
I'd think Henry knows that too, that might very well be a sticking point. I dunno how much guaranteed up front money I would need to sign a deal knowing that ive just assured myself of getting cut in 3 years time. I'd be wanting the money spread out for the length. I'm sure thats at least one of the hold ups

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think Henry knows that too, that might very well be a sticking point. I dunno how much guaranteed up front money I would need to sign a deal knowing that ive just assured myself of getting cut in 3 years time. I'd be wanting the money spread out for the length. I'm sure thats at least one of the hold ups

50mil over 4yrs, 25.5 guaranteed

I'd say the Titans and Henry both win on this one, he's still not paid as high as David Johnson on a per year basis, HAHAHA

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Henry, I’ve received an offer from a team in my dynasty league.

Henry, his 1.8 and 2.8 for my 1.1, 2.1 and 4.1

I like Henry, but he is one dimensional ( not offering much in the receiving game ).

whoever I decided at #1 will be a dual threat and will obviously be younger than Henry. And at 1.8, I would miss out on all the rookie RB’s.

would you do the trade, or keep the #1 pick?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Henry, but he is one dimensional ( not offering much in the receiving game ).

whoever I decided at #1 will be a dual threat and will obviously be younger than Henry. And at 1.8, I would miss out on all the rookie RB’s.

Assuming you'd ever take the deal,
Henry, the 1.8, and 2.8 for 1.1 is pretty fair. Wouldn't be adding the 2.1.

Having said that, no, I wouldn't trade the 1.1 with Henry being the lynchpin of the deal, and I LOVE Henry, and I think CEH is a chump (I would take Dobbins myself). If ive got a top 3 pick, I'm not trading it for "fair" value, someones gonna have to.overpay, its as simple as that. Otherwise I'll gladly take that young RB and hope he works out

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ive got a top 3 pick, I'm not trading it for "fair" value, someones gonna have to.overpay, its as simple as that. Otherwise I'll gladly take that young RB and hope he works out

@ANGELAKERAMS
agree here, I think the top 3 rookie RBs are all fantasy relevant for years, and a case can be made for Akers and Swift too, but then a huge drop off as you get to Moss/Vaughn/Dillon/etc - Moss is literally the last RB I'd even consider spending a 1st round pick on, very real possibility he'd be there at 1.8. Only way I'd consider it would be if you keep your 2.1, still ask for his 2.8, as there still will be some really good WR value. possibly even Burrow at 2.1 (depending on your settings/league QB scarcity).

If you have a chance to win (contender):
So you'd be looking at giving up the 1.1 and your 4.1 (most value will be gone, and leaving the 2nd round picks in for you)
to get
D Henry, Z Moss, Burrow/Reagor/Pittman/Jefferson at 2.1, then draft Darryton Evans at 2.8 to cinch up TEN backfield....or go Aiyuk/Higgins/Edwards/McFarland if drafting for talent over securing TEN backfield.

Wouldn't do the deal losing both 1.1 and 2.1, but I think I would if only giving up 1.1 and 4.1

You'll get 2 more peak seasons from Henry, imo. The falloff would be disastrous, but these next 2 playing seasons will be nice.

If you don't have a chance to win (rebuild):
nope, keep 1.1 and get the younger talent at RB, or get more in the Henry deal then flip Henry right away for the 1.2 or 1.3, lol. You could probably get multiple top 10 1st round picks and potentially even more future 1st round picks if you are swapping hot assets like the 1.1 and D Henry.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just to pile on as to why theres no way id include the 2.1--

I dunno your league size, and obviously I am clueless as to the makeup of it..I.e. Do they "overvalue" the RB position (as most of us here on this board do, myself included), BUT, there is a decent shot at getting AJ Dillon with the 2.1. And A. Gibson has a very appealing outlook as well. Not to mention the receiving potential that'll be there- any one of Reagor, Pittman, Higgins would be a steal..and guarantee at least one of those five will be there. -Little sidebar- If your league let's Jefferson slip to 2.1, they should all be relieved of thier duties, and never be allowed near fantasy football ever again-
Back on point, the point being, that 2.1 is very valuable this year, its not just a throw in by any means. Heck, I know a couple people who wouldn't trade the 2.1 to get Henry

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input guys.

league is 10 teams, start QB, 2 RB’s, 3WR’s, TE and a flex ( RB/WR/TE ).

I obviously need RB help as I have the 1st pick. The RB’s this year are fairly deep, but no consensus #1 as you could make an argument for 5 guys at #1.

I appreciate the advice. Curious how you guys have the RB’s ranked.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I obviously need RB help as I have the 1st pick. The RB’s this year are fairly deep, but no consensus #1 as you could make an argument for 5 guys at #1.

Taylor - CEH - Dobbins
Akers - Swift - Moss
McFarland - Kelley - Dillon
Gibson - Vaughn - Evans

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dobbins
Taylor
CEH
Akers
Swift
Vaughn
Moss

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Long term-may have to wait a year or so for the production to match the rankings
Dobbins
Taylor
Swift
Akers
Dillon
CEH
Vaughn
Gibson
MacFarland
Moss

Short term-enjoy the 1st year returns, and then trade high

CEH

Taylor

Vaughn

Dobbins
Swift
Akers
Dillon
Gibson
MacFarland
Moss

In all honesty, with the bumper crop of free agent RB's in '21, plus another great looking class of incoming rooks..I'm not at all banking on CEH being a lead back in KC long term, but he "should" be able to lead the backfield this year. So draft him, but trade him before next off season gets in full swing. Same with Vaughn.

Taylor I expect to be a longer term solution, and have more immediate impact than Dobbins. But Dobbins is in a much better situation if you're looking for real dynasty style long term value

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:2cents:
Take the Henry deal.
Before Tannehill started in week 6, Henry was averaging a very respectable 77.6 yards rushing per game.
After Tannehill started (week 6 thru 17), Henry averaged 115.2 yards rushing per game.
If he keeps up that pace, that's a possible 1843.2 rushing yards.
Even by 2019 stats, only 1 player had more all-purpose yardage than that.

Like was mentioned, the 1.1 is a crap shoot this season.
RB like Barkely and Elliott were bellcow rookies.
None of this crop is.

Besides, his 1.8 could land you a nice top-tier WR since this is a 10-team league.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the Henry deal.
Before Tannehill started in week 6, Henry was averaging a very respectable 77.6 yards rushing per game.
After Tannehill started (week 6 thru 17), Henry averaged 115.2 yards rushing per game.

None of this crop is.

Besides, his 1.8 could land you a nice top-tier WR since this is a 10-team league.
Taylor are Dobbins certainly can be..they just aren't gonna be in year one. Both of thier competition are short timers. I certainly ain't gonna convince you that Henry ain't a stud, you know I'm a Henry believer. But he's at his peak, maybe he continues that peak 2-3 years, maybe just one, but the decline is coming soon, especially if they hammer him over 300 times again. Either way, as good as he is, theres not much room for return on investment, hard to imagine he outproduces that price

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the Henry deal.

None of this crop is.

If you're not planning on Taylor at 1.1, then see if you can find a way to keep your 2.1 but also take the deal if he doesn't go for it. I think Henry will be more valuable over the next 2-3 years than anyone, sans Taylor, that you would take at 1.1 and you can definitely still get a quality WR at 8 (I'm assuming you need WR help as well)

I don't think 1.1 is a crap shoot this year at all. I think Taylor is the clear-cut dynasty 1.1, but I get why others might not.