• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHilly is shopping Jeffrey, who would welcome a change of scenery.

Im thinking that near $16 million cap hit makes that difficult.
They would have to eat a large portion of that salary to make it happen.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as of right now, the owner's version caps salary for players at $250,000 for the extra playoff game.

heard on the radio that 49% of the starters in the league make well over that.....

so it may be a "good for the majority" type deal as it stands today, but HIGHLY unlikely the players agree to it, imo

Watt already posted "Hard NO" on twitter last night, and I'd imagine he carries some weight with the players' union, even if he's one of the guys that has already made it
Oh yea, like Harold said, its negotiating. But with what's on the table, for both sides, I can't imagine they don't something dobe thats pretty close to those guidelines. I think a 17 game schedule is gonna happen, cuz if the players want more than what's on the table now, now way the owners give on that.

Current playoff paydays are:

• $27,000 for a wild card game ($29,000 if they were division winner entering this round), plus
  • $29,000 for the divisional round, plus
  • $54,000 for the conference championship, and
  • $118,000 for winning the Super Bowl or $59,000 for losing.
I'm not sure what the 250k figure truly represents, but sounds like a significant boost to me

Last edited:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHilly is shopping Jeffrey, who would welcome a change of scenery.

Im thinking that near $16 million cap hit makes that difficult.

The new team is only on the hook for the salary and the workout bonus. The cap hit from the signing bonus, option, and the restructure stay with the Eagles as they've already paid them out. If he gets traded the new team would only be on the hook for $9,910,000(Plus 250k if he does the work out) for 2020 and $12,750,000(+250k) for 2021.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea, like Harold said, its negotiating. But with what's on the table, for both sides, I can't imagine they don't something dobe thats pretty close to those guidelines. I think a 17 game schedule is gonna happen, cuz if the players want more than what's on the table now, now way the owners give on that.

Current playoff paydays are:

• $27,000 for a wild card game ($29,000 if they were division winner entering this round), plus
  • $29,000 for the divisional round, plus
  • $54,000 for the conference championship, and
  • $118,000 for winning the Super Bowl or $59,000 for losing.
I'm not sure what the 250k figure truly represents, but sounds like a significant boost to me

maybe that was a proposed salary cap for the 17th regular season game then, since all current salaries are structured around a 16 game schedule - either way, the current stars of the league aren't going to be in favor of any type of pay cut

and on top of that, 10 yrs????
players aren't going to be in for 10 yrs unless there's some kind of percentage payout on future media contracts. as those go up, so does the player salary pool

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe that was a proposed salary cap for the 17th regular season game then, since all current salaries are structured around a 16 game schedule - either way, the current stars of the league aren't going to be in favor of any type of pay cut

players aren't going to be in for 10 yrs unless there's some kind of percentage payout on future media contracts. as those go up, so does the player salary pool

upload_2020-2-21_15-34-0.png

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if its a cap on a teams salary for any one game, that's like 5 grand a player, no way that's happening. If its a max of 250k per player for any game, average salary is 860k a year, currently 50k a game...as an average. Only players in danger of any cut are those at over 4 million, which is way below half the players, could see it passing.

As for the ten years? Yea, tough to swallow, but if the negotiators have any sense at all, thier will be escalators triggered by any new revenue deals signed.

It all sounds like a great deal to me.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New CBA might expand playoffs, and might expand rosters, also might include a 17th game and shortened preseason, and likely that it curbs some of the Commish's absolute authority on disciplinary issues.. As well as reduced penalties for marijuana.

I told everyone they'd be smart to entertain the idea of extra games, more money, more roster slots, less meaningless game, bigger slice of the pie in regards to increased cap size vs overall profits, they can ask for the world and likely get most if it by just with one or two more games

NFL Player Faces 20 Years In Prison After Getting Busted With 157 Pounds of Pot

Whatta ya think happens to this guy? Btw, for future reference, dogs in Texas have the amazing ability to smell pot.

Even when you're just driving by.

Texas is special like that. ;)

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ERQizrWWoAAzE75.jpg

Sorry messed up the order the 1st sheet is page 2 and the 2nd sheet is page 1

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, with all that Stomp said..I can certainly understand that everyone is always hoping for more, and in almost every negotiation, you end up getting some, and end up giving some.

They've gotten a ton, I don't blame them for expecting/asking for more, but the bargaining chip of an extended schedule has definitely given them a lot already

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Alshon Jeffery to the mix of overvalued guys like this.

Anyone got any others?

An NFC executive told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler he thinks free agent A.J. Green "wants out of Cincinnati."
This wouldn't come as a surprise given how things have played out to this point. Green doesn't want to be franchised and there hasn't been much progress on a new deal. After giving Tyler Boyd a $43 million extension in July, it's not a lock the Bengals bring Green back. Despite missing all 16 games coming off an injury-shortened 2018, re-signing Green will likely take at least the $16 million annually Adam Thielen got from the Vikings last offseason.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess he wasnt paying attention to M. Gordon's situation last year

gordon had 2yrs left on his deal, cook is in the final year of his rookie deal, so it does make sense that he'd have a little more leverage than what gordon did last year

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gordon had 2yrs left on his deal, cook is in the final year of his rookie deal, so it does make sense that he'd have a little more leverage than what gordon did last year
True...
Although, its still a situation with a good looking younger RB on the team that showed he was pretty capable. I think Minnesota, much like the Chargers, would be just fine offensively wether he shows or not. Diggs wanting out of town is a bigger problem imho