• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked exponentially better than Trubisky and he went Top 5...hell those idiots even gave up capital to move up one spot to take him

sorry @averagejoe
i agree, im just saying there are question marks, its not like he was a sure fire first rounder..

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't hack it might be a bit harsh. He may have just been buried under a coaches fav. Im not intimately aware of the Ohio State situation, but we're going through similar stuff at Nebraska right now. Ironically, Burrow attempted to transfer to Nebraska, but was rejected becuase Scott Frost has what he thinks is God's gift to collegiate QB'ing in Adrian Martinez. But Luke McAffrey is in town, and is utterly outplayed Martinez whenever given the chance. If Frost doesn't open up the position for a true competition this upcoming season, McAffrey is likely to transfer. I'd hate for people to assume he couldn't hack it here so he transfered, when the reality was he isnt being given the opportunity to prove himself so he left.

And guys who can't hack it don't transfer from Ohio State to LSU and get handed a starting gig. Those who can't hack it, get the starting gif at the Memphis's of the world.
well LSU hasnt had a qb or passing attack for , well, forever. Most transfers would rather go to memphis so they can at least show off their arm, and play a bit, not hand it off 50 times and throw dumps all day at LSU, granted that changed, and part of that chagned because of burrow. not hacking it may be harsh, but he did lose out to haskins, and its not like haskins was amazing this year. Im not saying hes not good, not worthy etc, just that their are questions. That is all.

frost does love him martinez, doesnt seem like thats gonna change. Frost seems to have "his guys", but martinez was iffy last year, flashes for sure, but why not open the competition up

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do acknowledge to the more and more i watch, and read on burrow, its shocking the leap he took, and how polished he appears

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
frost does love him martinez, doesnt seem like thats gonna change. Frost seems to have "his guys", but martinez was iffy last year, flashes for sure, but why not open the competition up
What flashes? Lol. Dude was horrid all year long. I honestly haven't watched much worse QB play since we switched from the triple option days where we basically had a RB playing QB. He was HORRIFIC. His supporters blame the line, I say, well, if the line sucks, why the hell are you patting the ball for six, seven, eight seconds with a wide open dump off on both sides of the field on a consistent basis. Dude took more unnecessary sacks and created more unnecessary throw always than I've ever seen. So aggravating, especially with a friggin electric option Luke Luke he could've turned to and who produced, every single time he was called on. GAH!!!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well LSU hasnt had a qb or passing attack for , well, forever. Most transfers would rather go to memphis so they can at least show off their arm, and play a bit, not hand it off 50 times and throw dumps all day at LSU, granted that changed, and part of that chagned because of burrow. not hacking it may be harsh, but he did lose out to haskins, and its not like haskins was amazing this year. Im not saying hes not good, not worthy etc, just that their are questions. That is all.

And we know a great system QB in college, like Haskins was for what Ohio state needed from him, and his performance in the NFL, isnt necessarily condemn Burrows NFL potential just becuase he couldn't beat him out.

Brady couldn't beat out Brian Griese, and had a helluva time finally sending Drew Hensen to the bench too. Tommie Frazier is arguably the best collegiate QB ever, and his backup, Brooke Berringer, was projected to be drafted in the first three rounds, whereas Tommie never sniffed an NFL roster. Tommie fit our system better. Maybe Drew fit what OSU wanted..maybe the coach was just married to him..I dunno

Workouts and the combine well be telling. I don't know if teams will change thier minds on it or not, but the cracks that exist on one year wonders and system QB's generally get at least somewhat exposed (if they do all the drills). It'll be intriguing for sure.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Brady is who took Burrow to the next level. That’s why I don’t want Justin Jefferson because I think Brady created his production with scheme rather than on his own

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What flashes? Lol. Dude was horrid all year long. I honestly haven't watched much worse QB play since we switched from the triple option days where we basically had a RB playing QB. He was HORRIFIC. His supporters blame the line, I say, well, if the line sucks, why the hell are you patting the ball for six, seven, eight seconds with a wide open dump off on both sides of the field on a consistent basis. Dude took more unnecessary sacks and created more unnecessary throw always than I've ever seen. So aggravating, especially with a friggin electric option Luke Luke he could've turned to and who produced, every single time he was called on. GAH!!!
Hah wel he's athletic I'll give him that, more what I was getting at. Admittedly didn't watch much. I assume frost is looking for the multi threat qb

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we know a great system QB in college, like Haskins was for what Ohio state needed from him, and his performance in the NFL, isnt necessarily condemn Burrows NFL potential just becuase he couldn't beat him out.

Brady couldn't beat out Brian Griese, and had a helluva time finally sending Drew Hensen to the bench too. Tommie Frazier is arguably the best collegiate QB ever, and his backup, Brooke Berringer, was projected to be drafted in the first three rounds, whereas Tommie never sniffed an NFL roster. Tommie fit our system better. Maybe Drew fit what OSU wanted..maybe the coach was just married to him..I dunno

Workouts and the combine well be telling. I don't know if teams will change thier minds on it or not, but the cracks that exist on one year wonders and system QB's generally get at least somewhat exposed (if they do all the drills). It'll be intriguing for sure.
I agree on all points. But I also disagree to a point on workouts when it comes to qbs. A billion workout warrior and cannon armed qbs test out well and suck. Can throw it 100 yards and have the brain of an ant or the accuracy of Kyle boller. Qbs are just a different thing.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on all points. But I also disagree to a point on workouts when it comes to qbs. A billion workout warrior and cannon armed qbs test out well and suck. Can throw it 100 yards and have the brain of an ant or the accuracy of Kyle boller. Qbs are just a different thing.
True there, perhaps I worded it differently than I meant it. sometimes drills can show cracks in what you can and cant phsyically do, but they rarely if ever show cracks in your ability to functionally play QB in the NFL.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah wel he's athletic I'll give him that, more what I was getting at. Admittedly didn't watch much. I assume frost is looking for the multi threat qb
Well, Luke looks to be a young clone of Christian who can throw 40 yards on a rope. I dunno if CMAC can throw, but Luke looks the same as CMAC with the ball in his hands, but smaller, not likely to be a successful RB should he try a position switch. Maybe a WR.. BUT, he's as duel threat as it comes

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True there, perhaps I worded it differently than I meant it. sometimes drills can show cracks in what you can and cant phsyically do, but they rarely if ever show cracks in your ability to functionally play QB in the NFL.
Oh absolutely. No position is a bigger crap shoot. At least imho. When you get lucky you pray to the lord they stay healthy and your protect and pay that man.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Luke looks to be a young clone of Christian who can throw 40 yards on a rope. I dunno if CMAC can throw, but Luke looks the same as CMAC with the ball in his hands, but smaller, not likely to be a successful RB should he try a position switch. Maybe a WR.. BUT, he's as duel threat as it comes
Well shit then get him in there. Frost isn't an idiot? But you know that situation much better than me.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit then get him in there. Frost isn't an idiot? But you know that situation much better than me.
Frost has been an idiot in my mind since the day he sat in tiny town Nebraska as a high school senior and choose Stanford and Bill Walsh over Nebraska.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
off topic bit RIP Kobe Bryant.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinda surprising pretty big cap hit to do this without at least trying to trade him first. Though it would probably have to be an Osweiler like trade.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting him creates 16.2 million in dead cap

Trading him with the contract as is is 6 million in dead cap and the new team is on the hook for 11.1 this year 9 million next year

They also have the option of converting some of his remaining salary into a roster bonus. Really they could convert up to 10.2 million and have the same cap hit as cutting him, but his trade value would be pretty high imo if the new team only has to pay him 6 million and 4.9 million for the next 2 seasons. They have until 3/19/2020 to shop him

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting him creates 16.2 million in dead cap

Trading him with the contract as is is 6 million in dead cap and the new team is on the hook for 11.1 this year 9 million next year

They also have the option of converting some of his remaining salary into a roster bonus. Really they could convert up to 10.2 million and have the same cap hit as cutting him, but his trade value would be pretty high imo if the new team only has to pay him 6 million and 4.9 million for the next 2 seasons. They have until 3/19/2020 to shop him
upload_2020-2-6_7-52-13.png
They actually lose money cutting him. It doesnt offer any cap savings this year. Although I think it will offset some if/when he resigns elsewhere.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 231905
They actually lose money cutting him. It doesnt offer any cap savings this year. Although I think it will offset some if/when he resigns elsewhere.

Nope 16.2 in dead cap if they cut him the only way they can save money is to trade him(or give him a contract extension but thats pretty unlikely)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the whispers of Bell, and now both DJ and Gurley being potential trade candidates...dynasty leaguers could be in for a roller coaster off season..or could be much ado about nothing