• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it ain't :suds:

The best ability?? Availability
True true true. For some inexplicable reason feel Cook will be fine this season. Most likely bite me in the ass. On a bright note only own him in one league. I own Henry in none and I like it that way. Unless I get him on the cheap.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True true true. For some inexplicable reason feel Cook will be fine this season. Most likely bite me in the ass. On a bright note only own him in one league. I own Henry in none and I like it that way. Unless I get him on the cheap.
To give you idea of how cheap I'd rather own Linsey, maybe even R. Freeman

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure wish Monkey felt that way too..maybe I could get him on the cheap

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would draft him what round? Also do you wish him to be your RB2? Or would you rather draft some other RB for that spot? I'll be laughing if your putting Henry in as your Rb2, yes that would put a smile on my face if we are in the same league. Hopefully I play you the week the Titans fall behind.

Just based on sheer projected touches, not even considering what he'd do with those touches, he doesn't belong with the RB4s. You went a bit extreme there, gave me a chuckle, then flipped it back to him being an RB2.
I came off as a jerk, apologies.

But, pending roster construction, I'd love to have Henry as my RB2, but that also means I'd invest a bit heavier at RB in rounds 6-12 to have a couple guys behind him in case the wheels fall off.

Call me Mr Sandman, cause I'll bring you your dream:
Bandits league, wk 7, Henry will more than likely be in one of my RB spots.

Even better, I'll prob be at the game, in nashville vs chargers (a good defense too!)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not speaking for Monkey..but..should the BATG draft fall my way (and it won't, I f'n know it won't) but ideally, I'd love to get Zeke at 1, follow it up with a WR duo like Hilton/Allen/Cooper/Green at the 2/3 turn, then pray Henry makes it to me at the 4/5 turn...but with these guys? He'll more than likely be gone

I'd imagine he won't even make it back to me in the 4th (2 spots ahead of you)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine he won't even make it back to me in the 4th (2 spots ahead of you)
Henry been going in the 3rd round in drafts I've been in this summer. Sometimes early, sometimes late. I'm just not a fan of his. Think the uneven results last season soured me on him.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're taking Henry over Fournette, Freeman and Cook, that pretty easily puts him in RB2 status, to say the least.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry been going in the 3rd round in drafts I've been in this summer. Sometimes early, sometimes late. I'm just not a fan of his. Think the uneven results last season soured me on him.

oh don't get me wrong, we all have our list of guys that we'll gladly let other owners take.

just like you're willing to pass on Henry, I'm willing to pass on guys like Fournette or D Freeman, seems like that grouping of RBs has a lot of people's 'avoid' radars going off right now

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry feels like a big dice roll. If you have Lewan, Saffold, and Conklin all in there then I'm pretty confident in his ability to produce and possibly at a high level. If Lewan is out for 4 games then my confidence goes waaay down for those game and Conlin has been regressing a bit and if you have Saffold moving around to stop gap at tackle then that run offense is going to suffer even more.

So I guess I have him in rb3 territory but I acknowledge that he could have some really great weeks so thats rb2. If Lewan doesn't get suspended then I think he is a high RB2, tbh

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lewan is out for 4 games then my confidence goes waaay down for those game

3 of 1st 4 games are on the road, but really, they don't face any teams that were great against the run last season.

Week 1 @ CLE - should be better all around, but still can't bank on it until we see it, its the Browns

Week 2 vs. IND - good young D, but suspect secondary, tendency to be high scoring games

Week 3 @ JAC - had no interest in tackling Henry in the cold weather last DEC, maybe the warm weather will help, but they also seem to have a lot of turmoil on the team in general

Week 4 @ ATL - didn't everyone run well against the falcons last yr? don't remember, but losing Deion Jones and all the safeties to injury crippled them

so nothing scary, but nothing outright easy, as far as early matchups go

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of 1st 4 games are on the road, but really, they don't face any teams that were great against the run last season.

Week 1 @ CLE - should be better all around, but still can't bank on it until we see it, its the Browns

Week 2 vs. IND - good young D, but suspect secondary, tendency to be high scoring games

Week 3 @ JAC - had no interest in tackling Henry in the cold weather last DEC, maybe the warm weather will help, but they also seem to have a lot of turmoil on the team in general

Week 4 @ ATL - didn't everyone run well against the falcons last yr? don't remember, but losing Deion Jones and all the safeties to injury crippled them

I'd have to look back but IIRC Henry usually feasts against the Jaguars because they over-commit and Henry makes his money getting to the edge and using a stiff arm and his super-elite physical gifts to break big runs.

Last years Titans oline wasn't actually all that great, though. Adding Saffold, Delanie Walker and a chain mover like AJ Brown should maybe remove some of the fantasy football stink thats usually associated with the Titans. Mariota is playing for his career this year and has a fairly competent backup.

I think I'm probably higher on Henry than many but I want Lewan in there.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to look back but IIRC Henry usually feasts against the Jaguars because they over-commit and Henry makes his money getting to the edge and using a stiff arm and his super-elite physical gifts to break big runs.

Last years Titans oline wasn't actually all that great, though. Adding Saffold, Delanie Walker and a chain mover like AJ Brown should maybe remove some of the fantasy football stink thats usually associated with the Titans. Mariota is playing for his career this year and has a fairly competent backup.

yup, agree completely - Mariota will have to do something amazing, or hello QB in the 1st round next spring

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup, agree completely - Mariota will have to do something amazing, or hello QB in the 1st round next spring
I'd add Conklin and Corey Davis to that mix, too. Titans have a lot of young talent on their team that just hasn't really lived up to their hype (or draft stock) yet. That whole offense is in a contract year, basically.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

in my retort to steelers, I looked up those games, they're actually the games he gets a ton of carries, with minimal success

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry feels like a big dice roll. If you have Lewan, Saffold, and Conklin all in there then I'm pretty confident in his ability to produce and possibly at a high level. If Lewan is out for 4 games then my confidence goes waaay down for those game and Conlin has been regressing a bit and if you have Saffold moving around to stop gap at tackle then that run offense is going to suffer even more.

So I guess I have him in rb3 territory but I acknowledge that he could have some really great weeks so thats rb2. If Lewan doesn't get suspended then I think he is a high RB2, tbh

I'm in no way saying this is no big deal at all, as anytime you lose one of, if not the best lineman you've got, the offense as a whole is going to see a drop in efficiency. However, the power running game is the easiest area to "plug and play" lineman. Not at all saying the next guy in line is just gonna come in and do as good of a job run blocking, but, run blocking, man on man, push the other guy outta the way, is a much more brute strength thing than say pass blocking which requires exceptional footwork, technique, and chemistry throughout the line from tackle to tackle.
So, while yes, there will be a difference, but I don't think it'll be a disastrous difference. It'll come down to wether the score dictates they can stick with ground and pound or not.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in my retort to steelers, I looked up those games, they're actually the games he gets a ton of carries, with minimal success

also - JAX the last 4-6 games last yr is not the same team we saw the previous couple seasons. they had totally bailed on playing defense, Telvin Smith literally quit the team this off season, peculiar team dynamics going on in a very peculiar part of the country, go figure!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in other news, Giants WRs are dropping like Gnats right now

Shep broken thumb, Corey Coleman (bust city!) torn ACL