• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Smokey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, The NFL is now a pass dominated league. My question is which team will have the best Pass Defense ?
I'd like to know what people think before I enter my fantasy league's 2015 draft. Thanks.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, The NFL is now a pass dominated league. My question is which team will have the best Pass Defense ?
I'd like to know what people think before I enter my fantasy league's 2015 draft. Thanks.
Wouldnt we all?

Dawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their will be some good defense out there. Seattle, Jets, Bills i think will be the top defenses, but watch out for the Rams,Dolphins and Cardinals.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Legion of Boom is intact the Seahawks will be tough against the pass. They've given up the fewest passing yards and second-fewest passing TDs two years in a row.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a local Rams fan, I'm not 100% ready to say that they have fixed their pass defense.
Yea, they will always be a good fantasy unit, they get sacks and turnovers, have a good return man that can take it to the house, but their CBs were piss poor last year.

19th vs the pass last year and 18th the year before.
Avg QB rating against the Rams was 91.8 (22nd), QBs completed a staggering 68% of their passes (31st)

They don't give up a ton of TDs, but they were pretty much a middle of the pack defense in most stat categories last year.
The stats are a little misleading, since they were really bad to start the year off, then started shutting teams down. They started the year off giving up 30pts/game through the first 8 weeks. Pretty amazing they were able to limit opponents to a measly 14.2pts/gm the rest of the season, bringing them back to a respectable 22.1pts/gm on the year.

Sum up an overly long post for no reason:
Definitely target the Rams DST for your fantasy team this year, but don't expect them to shut the pass down all year long.

Smokey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, now, which NFL team's Defense will show the most improvement over the off season ?

Who got the best CB"s, LB's, DE"s due to the draft or free agency, or trades ? Will a rookie emerge as the next shut down cornerback ? Will a rookie emerge at LB and be a new NFL standout ? Which team will have the most improved defensive line ?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, now, which NFL team's Defense will show the most improvement over the off season ?

Who got the best CB"s, LB's, DE"s due to the draft or free agency, or trades ? Will a rookie emerge as the next shut down cornerback ? Will a rookie emerge at LB and be a new NFL standout ? Which team will have the most improved defensive line ?

Dallas will be the sexy pick. They might be a good candidate for the last round of a draft if you don't have a Def yet. Around week 6 would be when they start paying off. It will be Hardy's 2nd game, Lee should be back in the swing of things, Gregory might be seeing some time, BJones might be getting up to speed, DLawrence was looking the part early last year. The players and offseason moves are there for a MUCH better defense. Moving from paper to on the field is the question.

Smokey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas will be the sexy pick. They might be a good candidate for the last round of a draft if you don't have a Def yet. Around week 6 would be when they start paying off. It will be Hardy's 2nd game, Lee should be back in the swing of things, Gregory might be seeing some time, BJones might be getting up to speed, DLawrence was looking the part early last year. The players and offseason moves are there for a MUCH better defense. Moving from paper to on the field is the question.

Enjoyed your post Sir.

I'm still waiting to be declared a full member of this great forum. Can you offer any assistance ?

Thank You

Smokey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just keep posting..I think it's 50 posts is the benchmark

A pleasure to meet you. I'm a Packer fan myself.
Are you in any fantasy leagues ? I'm a league manager (ESPN League) myself and currently have openings for new team owners. We start each season with a new fresh draft, so all can enjoy starting from the same point each season. Any interested may contact me in this forum.

Thanks for your reply TREFF.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in so many I lose track sometimes. I'll pass on this one, but there's usually no shortage of guys who are looking for more on here

Smokey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in so many I lose track sometimes. I'll pass on this one, but there's usually no shortage of guys who are looking for more on here

I can't start any threads yet, would like to start one for my fantasy league. It would help to recruit new owners for my fantasy league.

What do you feel the Raiders will do this season ?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't start any threads yet, would like to start one for my fantasy league. It would help to recruit new owners for my fantasy league.

What do you feel the Raiders will do this season ?
Next to nothing. .just looking for improvement from Carr, Murray, and hoping Cooper is the real deal. That and hoping the D isn't utter crap outside of Mack

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Latavius having such a small track record, I wouldn't sleep on Helu, who's a more complete back than he's been able to show so far.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Latavius having such a small track record, I wouldn't sleep on Helu, who's a more complete back than he's been able to show so far.
I might be the one person you wouldn't have to convince about that. .but my hopes are still with Murray

Last edited:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolphins have a nice first six games (with a bye in week 5) and should be a good option. Suh eliminates them from being a "sleeper" though.

The Vikings will definitely keep getting better under Zimmer. From near last, to middle of the pack, to this year a top ten contender IMO.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not very high on Latavius.
2014 - 39 & 47
2013 - 22 & 47
2012 - 28 & 41
2011 - 9 & 34
2010 - 6 & 27

Those are standard league rankings of the top 2 OAK RBs for the past 5 years.
They haven't had a RB I want on my team since Hue Jackson coached there.

Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard have a good shot at replicating those 2010 rankings, but I don't think the Murray/Helu combo get it done.
At least you can draft Helu at a spot (right now) where he doesn't burn you.
Murray has to be drafted fairly early if you want him or you aren't getting him this year.
I'd rather take my chances on different RBs and WRs for my teams.

One thing in their favor, they should be seeing a lot of prevent defenses in the 2nd half, which typically translates to a nice yardage boost, but rarely is that production sustainable. Usually very hit or miss.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not very high on Latavius.
2014 - 39 & 47
2013 - 22 & 47
2012 - 28 & 41
2011 - 9 & 34
2010 - 6 & 27

Those are standard league rankings of the top 2 OAK RBs for the past 5 years.
They haven't had a RB I want on my team since Hue Jackson coached there.

Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard have a good shot at replicating those 2010 rankings, but I don't think the Murray/Helu combo get it done.
At least you can draft Helu at a spot (right now) where he doesn't burn you.
Murray has to be drafted fairly early if you want him or you aren't getting him this year.
I'd rather take my chances on different RBs and WRs for my teams.

One thing in their favor, they should be seeing a lot of prevent defenses in the 2nd half, which typically translates to a nice yardage boost, but rarely is that production sustainable. Usually very hit or miss.
But you're forgetting that those rankings are primarily for DMC, who could never finish a season, Michael Bush for about two thirds of a season, a little bit of Rashard Jennings..who wasnt the lead guy all year long either, and then the senior circuit twins DMC and MJD last year, pretty impressive that Murray hit #47 with only 3 games of any real playing time don't ya think?

Those rankings all severely skewed since none really had a full 16 game sample size, often it was only half a season. If any of them could've finished a season, they'd rank much higher.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you're forgetting that those rankings are primarily for DMC, who could never finish a season, Michael Bush for about two thirds of a season, a little bit of Rashard Jennings..who wasnt the lead guy all year long either, and then the senior circuit twins DMC and MJD last year, pretty impressive that Murray hit #47 with only 3 games of any real playing time don't ya think?

Those rankings all severely skewed since none really had a full 16 game sample size, often it was only half a season. If any of them could've finished a season, they'd rank much higher.
Correction. .Murray had ten or more carries in five games, plus the one game he had 100yds, 2 scores on only 4..still top 50 with only the final six games worth of any real touches is fairly impressive in my book.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big fan of players with a small sample size of work. But I do like Latavius Murray.
1) Helu may be a reliable veteran, but I think the Raiders brought him in as a reliable insurance policy.
2) The lack of a decent passing offense is a actually a strength in my wacky RB theory. Look at other RB with a minimal passing game - AP, Charles, Foster, Lynch, Morris... you can add McCoy in Buffalo).