• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just wouldn't be football without a little Cowboys controversy...

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports the Cowboys believe unsigned franchise player Dez Bryant is bluffing about holding out and missing games.

The two sides met Friday, and Cole reports "no progress" was made. Cole went as far as to say the Cowboys believe Bryant is having money problems and wouldn't be able to afford missing paychecks. Dallas isn't budging off the long-term offer it already made to Bryant and will either tell him to sign the deal or play out the season on the one-year, $12.82 million franchise tender.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I missed this over the weekend, and apologies if y'all already posted/discussed this but.....

Packers TE Andrew Quarless was arrested in Miami Saturday morning after allegedly firing a gun twice during an altercation.

Quarless tried to flee the scene and hide the gun in a plant, but he was arrested and charged with discharging a firearm in public, a first-degree misdemeanor with penalties of up to one year in jail in Florida. No matter what happens in the legal system, Quarless is likely to face a significant suspension from the NFL. Nothing more than a mediocre talent, Quarless' days with the Packers could be finished.

So do we finally get to see the Rodgers-to-Rodgers connection lift off this year now?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I missed this over the weekend, and apologies if y'all already posted/discussed this but.....

Packers TE Andrew Quarless was arrested in Miami Saturday morning after allegedly firing a gun twice during an altercation.

Quarless tried to flee the scene and hide the gun in a plant, but he was arrested and charged with discharging a firearm in public, a first-degree misdemeanor with penalties of up to one year in jail in Florida. No matter what happens in the legal system, Quarless is likely to face a significant suspension from the NFL. Nothing more than a mediocre talent, Quarless' days with the Packers could be finished.

So do we finally get to see the Rodgers-to-Rodgers connection lift off this year now?
I think so. He made some really athletic plays last year and will likely now play a larger role.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes been hyped so much, and theres so much to go around in green bay, think he is what he is, will have some games, but overall, nothing

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect him to be Gronk, but he will require some attention in the seam.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im saying like 300-400 yards and 2-5 tds
I'll gladly takes that bet. Last year our TEs combined for 49 catches for 548 yards and 5 tds.

Rodgers is in his second year in the offense

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll gladly takes that bet. Last year our TEs combined for 49 catches for 548 yards and 5 tds.

Rodgers is in his second year in the offense

actually your right. I dont know what i was thinking, i was just looking at him, for some reason i had him and someone else mixed up......i was thinking hes been in the league for roughly 4-5 years

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually your right. I dont know what i was thinking, i was just looking at him, for some reason i had him and someone else mixed up......i was thinking hes been in the league for roughly 4-5 years
That would be Quarless. He's been in the league for a handful of years now andy sang done much. If Rodgers can clean up his blocking he will be very productive.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks UDFA RB Thomas Rawls has emerged as the rookie the coaches love.

Per ESPN, coach Pete Carroll "loves Rawls’ toughness, seeing him as a bruising runner similar to (Marshawn) Lynch." It's the same things we saw on Rawls as he ran extremely physical, aggressive and angry at Central Michigan. There's speculation he could push Christine Michael off the roster in Seattle, meaning he needs to be on deeper Dynasty benches. Lynch is 29 years old and Robert Turbin is ticketed for 2016 free agency.
Other notes have Turbin questionable for week 1 (hip), and rumors also have Christine Michael on the roster bubble.

Could be some overzealous reporting. Or it could be a situation to stay away from.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other notes have Turbin questionable for week 1 (hip), and rumors also have Christine Michael on the roster bubble.

Could be some overzealous reporting. Or it could be a situation to stay away from.
Treff was all over that one. Could be a nice pickup.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Treff is aware. Could be a nice pick up, Fudpuckers.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Time will tell - coach-speak on rookies happens a lot this time of yr. But if it is in fact true, then it would be great for Micheal to move on. ... I think he could be the starter for several other teams out there. ...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It probably won't even matter. Lynch will stay healthy and prevent the backups from getting any meaningful playing time or stats.

Just to spite all of the fantasy owners that continually take his backup in the hopes that he gets injured/arrested/retires altogether.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It probably won't even matter. Lynch will stay healthy and prevent the backups from getting any meaningful playing time or stats.

Just to spite all of the fantasy owners that continually take his backup in the hopes that he gets injured/arrested/retires altogether.
Well..speaking in dynasty terms..I have my doubts that they were impressed with Christine, and Turbin is a journeyman..and with Lynch consistently bringing up retirement, someone will fill the role of Hawks running back of the future. ..and they'll fill it soon

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
michael has been a big disappoint to them IMHO

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word out of Seahawk camp is Christine M. Didn't have plays down, wasn't sure about formations, never mind blocking assignments. Often times you could see RW telling him where to line up and such.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word out of Seahawk camp is Christine M. Didn't have plays down, wasn't sure about formations, never mind blocking assignments. Often times you could see RW telling him where to line up and such.

Perhaps that explains why the kid isn't getting more opportunities there - good size & speed, small sample but talented running the ball (5yds/carry). Maybe his best bet is a fresh start elsewhere. ...