• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps that explains why the kid isn't getting more opportunities there - good size & speed, small sample but talented running the ball (5yds/carry). Maybe his best bet is a fresh start elsewhere. ...
I bet he would love to go to Dallas

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@leftypower Oh come on...you know you want him to compete with some folks

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Crap! Amputated...

Jason Pierre-Paul's right index finger amputation was reportedly done to "minimize the damage" to his hand following a fourth of July fireworks accident.

Keeping the severely-damaged digit would have threatened the speed of Pierre-Paul's recovery. A source speaking to NJ.com told Giants beat writer Jordan Raanan that Pierre-Paul is expected to play "this year," and could "even be on the field by the start of the season." (This is likely agentspeak.) Fractures in Pierre-Paul's hand are expected to take longer to heal than the amputated finger. JPP is going to need to re-learn quickly how to use his surgically-repaired hands to beat offensive linemen and make tackles.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Crap! Amputated...

Jason Pierre-Paul's right index finger amputation was reportedly done to "minimize the damage" to his hand following a fourth of July fireworks accident.

Keeping the severely-damaged digit would have threatened the speed of Pierre-Paul's recovery. A source speaking to NJ.com told Giants beat writer Jordan Raanan that Pierre-Paul is expected to play "this year," and could "even be on the field by the start of the season." (This is likely agentspeak.) Fractures in Pierre-Paul's hand are expected to take longer to heal than the amputated finger. JPP is going to need to re-learn quickly how to use his surgically-repaired hands to beat offensive linemen and make tackles.
iDK I actually know folks missing part of a finger and they do just fine. It's the fractures that are a big deal IMO.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iDK I actually know folks missing part of a finger and they do just fine. It's the fractures that are a big deal IMO.
Haha maybe, but imo if you have a part of your body chopped off it's not exactly a cause for celebration. ;)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha maybe, but imo if you have a part of your body chopped off it's not exactly a cause for celebration. ;)

JPP's doctor concurs:

200.gif

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im curious about his balance with his hand on the ground.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo Headline of the Week: "Ex-Giants Question JPP's Maturity"

Ya think? :pound:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals WR John Brown has been living and working out with Carson Palmer this summer.

AzCardinals.com emphasizes that the pair is close. "We’re trying to get our timing down, trying to learn protections, be on the same page with one another, so we’ll be able to play faster," Brown said. The duo's chemistry was evident from the word "go" last season, as well as coach Bruce Arians' admiration for the wafer-thin wideout. All signs point toward Brown taking a sophomore leap. It's possible he'll be an every-week WR3, with the ceiling for more.
Related: Carson Palmer

Source: azcardinals.com

-I'd buy this at the WR3/4 price.
Targeted in every game as a rookie, made catches in all but 1, and has been living with Carson Palmer?
At the very least, he's doing his due diligence to become a better player and sync up with his QB, that's the kind of stuff I like to see out of a mid-late draft pick.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals WR John Brown has been living and working out with Carson Palmer this summer.

AzCardinals.com emphasizes that the pair is close. "We’re trying to get our timing down, trying to learn protections, be on the same page with one another, so we’ll be able to play faster," Brown said. The duo's chemistry was evident from the word "go" last season, as well as coach Bruce Arians' admiration for the wafer-thin wideout. All signs point toward Brown taking a sophomore leap. It's possible he'll be an every-week WR3, with the ceiling for more.
Related: Carson Palmer

Source: azcardinals.com

-I'd buy this at the WR3/4 price.
Targeted in every game as a rookie, made catches in all but 1, and has been living with Carson Palmer?
At the very least, he's doing his due diligence to become a better player and sync up with his QB, that's the kind of stuff I like to see out of a mid-late draft pick.

Another guy to keep an eye on is Stevie Johnson. It's early and may come to nothing, but all reports so far say that he and Rivers are becoming simpatico. I don't think the dude's ever played with a QB on Rivers' level before.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another guy to keep an eye on is Stevie Johnson. It's early and may come to nothing, but all reports so far say that he and Rivers are becoming simpatico. I don't think the dude's ever played with a QB on Rivers' level before.
The only thing that worried me at all about Stevie is that he couldn't beat out that crappy/crabby WR in SF last year, loved him in Buffalo, always thought he was underrated

Last edited:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that worried me at all about Stevie is that he couldn't beat out that crappy/crabby WR in SF last year, loved him in Buffalo, always thought he was underrated
same here well said

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That, and he has chronic back/hamstring problems that limit him throughout the season.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That, and he has chronic back/hamstring problems that limit him throughout the season.
I've read the same hype over Stevie. I'm not against him, but since I've been burned by players and coachspeak like that in the past (a player with limited body of work) to me there are more solid options at WR.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read the same hype over Stevie. I'm not against him, but since I've been burned by players and coachspeak like that in the past (a player with limited body of work) to me there are more solid options at WR.
I think there are plenty of solid options at WR however a late round flier on this guy carries little to no risk.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are plenty of solid options at WR however a late round flier on this guy carries little to no risk.

Yep, my point indeed. Should've made that a little clearer.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Cardinals have expressed interest in free agent TE Chris Cooley.

Now there's a name I didn't expect to see. .....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love cooley as a player, just a beast........but didnt he have medical issues